Credit Crunch Hitting QVC? Poor TSV sales?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alan6012

Registered Shopper
Was surprised to hear Julia say tonight at 8 that the TSV had sold 6500 so far. Well that seems very small for a smashbox TSV - only bringing in £215,000. Usually its a lot higher. Has the Credit Crunch started to hit them? Anyone else think thats quite low?

to be honest i thought the smashbox tsv looks a bit boring. when you are spending that kind of money in one hit specially for cosmetics i wiould have thought the wow factor would come into it. for that kind of spends you can be buying some chanel or ysl or whatever.

I think sales could be down as they are repeating tsv types too often now - it is only a few weeks since the last smashbox one. They don't give us chance to save up and get bored of the first one then just like buses another one comes along....

i can't remember the last TSV that sold out :33: times are definately a-changing !!!

:p Elemis, last week, but it's the only one I can remember in ages. The recent AAA Tanzanite rings with prices in 4 figures and several other high-priced items were plain stupid in the current economic climate.

I think sales could be down as they are repeating tsv types too often now - it is only a few weeks since the last smashbox one. They don't give us chance to save up and get bored of the first one then just like buses another one comes along....

I agree, we have had lots of Philosophy ones too and they are too samey.

I havent bought a TSV for ages as its either too boring, i wont use or want all the pieces or its too expensive.

the only tsvs I have bought is the last Honora one and before that the L'occitane one on beauty day,don't think they were sell outs
i want to try smashbox but read on here about the site the lady called Jayne has so I will wait til after Xmas and buy with my b'day money!you can get nicer sets from her for a lot less money
bet if they'd had MB they'd have sold about 20'000 sets!

i can't remember the last TSV that sold out times are definately a-changing !!!

I was thinking that earlier and that we've had no OTOs for ages. Saved me a fortune :19:

I can remember the first smashbox TSV I recieved I think about 3-4 years ago. I was absolutely wowed by it. In fact I am still using the eyeshadows and blusher (I don't wear makeup every day.) Perhaps I am just jaded but nothing seems to excite me anymore. I still get excited when I recieve Liz Earle though because using it just lifts my spirits!

I am really surprised they did not offer EZ pay on the Smashbox TSV, very strange :20:

I thought when I saw they had no easy pay this will not sell out.
Really shocked when the Elemis TSV was Four easy pay.:11:

I have noticed or at QVC US they have started offering delayed payments on certain TSVs too!!!! Easy pay and now don't have to send first payment until March!:23:

I thought when I saw they had no easy pay this will not sell out.
Really shocked when the Elemis TSV was Four easy pay.:11:

I have noticed or at QVC US they have started offering delayed payments on certain TSVs too!!!! Easy pay and now don't have to send first payment until March!:23:

Thats strange hun. I don't think thats a good idea people would forget:eek:

Credit Cruch Hitting QVC? Poor TSV Sales?

i can't remember the last TSV that sold out :33: times are definately a-changing !!!

As another poster said, they are just so boring. I was really excited about the TSVs this week - Centigrade, Smashbox, Travelon, but the items they offered were nothing special. The Travelon TSV today is just a purse - I have loads. It would have been great to have a good weekend travel bag or even a suitcase but no, just another tiny little thing you can't get anything in. It's almost the same as their last TSV. How about something different QVC!!

I've noticed that today is the first tsv in ages to be under £20 - most have been £35+, more commonly £40+. Most days now I look at the TSV and ask "what planet are QVC on?" because they seem to be completely out of touch at the moment.

I think it is because most of the Beauty TSv's have got more expensive over the years and as others have said they are much of a muchness.

Latest posts

Back