Cheque refund

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Suki 1

Registered Shopper
Have QVC got a new policy, I returned a faulty item and received an email from them saying that they were going to send me a cheque, normally my Credit Card is refunded?

I remember years ago, when I used to shop with them they sent me a cheque once because they ballsed up my refund back to my card.

Was it originally paid for with a card that's now expired? That is the usual reason for not being able to refund directly back.

Do companies still use cheques?

Shops don't. I would phone CS and find out.

Oh yes lots of companies will still action a cheque for refunds, most recent we had was a car garage we bought a car from who had overcharged for the road tax so sent us a cheque, insurers will often still pay out via cheque too.

Was it originally paid for with a card that's now expired? That is the usual reason for not being able to refund directly back.

We have had this in past, card had expired or number been changed so they sent cheque

We do not accept cheques. If a refund is made, it goes back onto the card which was used, to pay for the item. If it was paid in cash, the refund is in cash. Tiddlywinks is correct: if the original cars has now expired, or is invalid, a cheque refund will be issued.

Latest posts

Back