Catherine H and sensible

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

SparklyBarbs

Guest Shopper
Just heard Catherine on the jewellery show admit that she doesn"t have a credit card, and if she can"t
afford something she doesn"t get it. She said she liked easy pays so at least you can spread the cost
as it makes it easier. And she budgets, Suppose being single and renting house etc, she has to be
careful, but i thought this was a different side to her. Oh and she said herself, Craig and Debbie F buy
loads of stuff, which we probably all knew anyway :thinking:

I watched the Gold show and heard her say that too. It seems she gets a hard time on this forum, but I've always found her pleasant to listen too and today she came across as being quite "real", imo anyway!

I watched the Gold show and heard her say that too. It seems she gets a hard time on this forum, but I've always found her pleasant to listen too and today she came across as being quite "real", imo anyway!
I think she"s landed on her feet and got a good job and appreciates it. I think they"re all a friendly bunch, as i heard her say she was going to Courtney"s (the model) party, probably like everywhere with a mix of people, some get on and some don"t :thinking: (oh and like this forum, some get on and some don"t) ???

Well that statement doesn't seem to gel with the impression she gives about having numerous Lulu Guinness bags and purses; and those various hair pieces are'nt cheap, plus the jewellery she simply has to have ! either she has a mega salary or perhaps a sugar daddy ??

I have to say as much as I like CH,this really doesn't ring true to me,of the stuff she reveals about herself!! She spends a small fortune IMO.

I have to say as much as I like CH,this really doesn't ring true to me,of the stuff she reveals about herself!! She spends a small fortune IMO.
I think she bought a lot of stuff like the Lulu G handbags when she was with her partner, then they broke up and she"s on her own now. I"d say they get a pretty good salary in QVC and maybe she does other jobs for QVC like voice overs etc. Think some of them go to QVC in Italy to help out etc. Or maybe she"s still working as a dentists helper part time, he he. Oh just remembered they get 20% of everything they buy in QVC so that would help anyone

I should imagine her salary is pretty big though - have just googled "QVC host salaries" and came up with figures of between $80,000 to $500,000 in the US depending on the amount of air time they do. It must be comparable for QVC UK I would have thought. Either way I should imagine she is on a reasonable salary to be able to afford all her handbags etc!

Reflexgirl those massive US salaries may make the UK presenters sit up and take notice! Bet they don't earn the same in the uk, and they will all be going on strike now!

No doubt there will be a basic plus commission element to it, and a better salary for the "resident expert". Some of them will be employees on the books and some will be freelance. I bet Julian, (who says he lives near Sloane Square and reportedely drives a fancy sports car) does other work for other people too as although they all do other work behind the scenes at Q when they are not on air he does not seem to have as much air time as say, Carmel or Catherine.

Have any of you ever heard one of them do voice overs like on TV commercials?

CH and JR say they rent their homes, too. Maybe it's London prices, maybe they own places outside London or abroad.

I can imagine CH, even on a budget, having enough left over to buy the odd LG bag, Ingenue dress etc. it's expensive but within reach if you have a good salary. Hardly Hermes or Marc Jacobs is it. I'm sure she doesn't get a new one every week.

And, of course, even if you have a large salary, it's a good idea to budget! Catherine is not from a dual-income household, as some of the presenters are. And, although they are now grown up, she's raised two kids. She's probably developed the good habit of budgeting from necessity.

Catherine's house was flooded she is only renting until its fixed(she has mentioned this on air, about having to move out because of water damage), therefore her insurance company will pay her rent. This is the usual method, I worked in a loss adjusters ages ago. But know from neighbours who did have flood damage in the last few years about being moved into privately rented houses until the work was complete, which the insurance company did pay for.

Rumour has it she does have another part time job when she needs, dancing. :tongue:

Voice over work pays really big, you hear different people say that. The only one I have ever heard on mainstream tv was was the thin woman who does the fake french accents on QVC for Gatineau. Sorry cannot remember her name, she left to have a baby. I have also seen her do acting ads for some magazines some time ago.

The only one I have ever heard on mainstream tv was was the thin woman who does the fake french accents on QVC for Gatineau. Sorry cannot remember her name, she left to have a baby.

Sara Griffiths. I really liked her - she had the most beautiful voice. And I hear her almost every time I get an automated call-handling thing when I call DHL or other companies. She must have done dozens of these systems.

I was never convinced she did the Gatineau voice-over.

Sara Griffiths also appeared in the original TV advert "Not Made From Wheat Made From Oats Instead-Abix" - Oatibix

I'd forgotten about Sara Griffiths, I quite liked her. She was on Emmerdale a few years back.

I liked Sara too, not gushy or ott, never did the hard sell yet knew her stuff. A shame she didn't return after having her baby.

As far as I can tell from what she has said the house that flooded was rented by Catherine also. As to how much income she has at her disposal , who knows , maybe her childrens father continued to contribute largely as they grew up and still helps with university and college funds if necessary.

I liked Sara G,she would always say to the guests (forgive me for interupting) a phrase AY has never heard of.
Lynn

Latest posts

Back