Carmel Thomas - as dull as ever

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's like last week Elemis TSV, I thought AY seemed very quiet and off form and the next minute Dale is taking over because she wasn't well. We really do not know what's going on 'off screen' and you will always take to some presenters and not others, that's human.

eekk.....what happened? did she have the squits or something?

eekk.....what happened? did she have the squits or something?

She was speaking quietly and sounded a little hoarse (no pun intended :wink:) and someone was coughing, although not on screen. I'm sure Dale mentioned a cough so I assume that Alison had succumbed to a winter cold/cough virus because there are plenty going around at the moment.

Mind you, he might have mentioned a cough because it was more 'savoury' than other options like a stomach upset.

She seems back on form now though.

I agree Jabba, many of us have to continue to act professionally in difficult personal circumstances in our jobs everyday. I don't feel being a QVC presenter is a harder job than mine, it's just a different one. I am in the public eye of my clients and they, to be frank, are not interested in my personal life and if it affected my work they would not wish me to be at work.

Perhaps this poor girl should still be off work.

I agree, I think the comment about her being dull does not reflect on her personal life, if the viewer thinks she is dull, that that is probably what they think. I just have not warmed to these two presenters. Well done to them for getting the job as they would have had loads of competition, but I hope they prove to be good soon. Call me old fashioned, but I think the old presenters are still the best...

Your 'rant' sounds almost personal against Carmel. Have you so little going on in your life you have to 'check up' on her?

Poor Carmel

Think she's been judged to harsh on here. Yes, she's paid quite well to be all jolly on camera but the poor girl has just lost her Mum and no matter how professional you think she should be, she's only human.

I lost my Brother 12 weeks ago. He died suddenly aged 44 following a fall at his home. I went back to my job as a fitness instuctor a week after his death. I went into the studio. greeted my class, switched the music on. then disolved into an emotional heap on the floor. For many of my participants who know me as a bubbly, jolly instructor it must have been a shock for them to see me like that. Maybe some of them, like some on here, thought that I was there to do a job and should have left my personal life at home.

Grief is a horrible thing and it takes strength, courage and the love of others not to let it consume you. Had I not known of Carmels Mother's death I would never had guessed that she had suffered a recent bereavement. I hope she's being looked after by her new Husband. x

Poor Carmel

Think she's been judged to harsh on here. Yes, she's paid quite well to be all jolly on camera but the poor girl has just lost her Mum and no matter how professional you think she should be, she's only human.

I lost my Brother 12 weeks ago. He died suddenly aged 44 following a fall at his home. I went back to my job as a fitness instuctor a week after his death. I went into the studio. greeted my class, switched the music on. then disolved into an emotional heap on the floor. For many of my participants who know me as a bubbly, jolly instructor it must have been a shock for them to see me like that. Maybe some of them, like some on here, thought that I was there to do a job and should have left my personal life at home.

Grief is a horrible thing and it takes strength, courage and the love of others not to let it consume you. Had I not known of Carmels Mother's death I would never had guessed that she had suffered a recent bereavement. I hope she's being looked after by her new Husband. x

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother.

Thoughts to you and your family.

It's hard losing someone close - lost my dad 11 months this week so can understand how you feel :sad:

Hugs to you Goddess, I too lost someone close in 2010 and thought going back to work would help... it did for a while but then I did what you did and collapsed into a heap! It's so hard to have to be at work when you are not yourself. Hugs to you as well Paul x

Latest posts

Back