Breast Cancer Care Event 2/10/15 Items & Chat!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Although I know that, considering they are getting additional airtime and its such a big event and the value of the items are really quite low I still think they could donate bigger quantities.

Wonder how many £5 packs of wipes or Dyson vacs there are ?

they said on air they had 14 of the dyson vacs

I was just thinking that too... and I notice DF isn't even in the call room... guilty conscious i hope.
I was also just wondering about the auctions but haven't seen the whole show and thought I might have missed them. I knew the forum would be on the case. I assume last year's debacle has seen them off then.

alison keenan just showed a pic of herself without her hair. what a wonderful brave lady. my sister is on her third round of chemo and told her son to bring his hair clippers and shave the rest of her hair. when her daughters play up she tells them i have lost my hair not my mind. she is also very brave and funny :sun::sun:

There is usually very very very little stock , often single figures, it is nigh on impossible to get anything. I've given up even trying.

Aw, have you tried checking back a while after they say they've sold out? I just got the Gatineau mini set that was on and sold out earlier.

alison keenan just showed a pic of herself without her hair. what a wonderful brave lady. my sister is on her third round of chemo and told her son to bring his hair clippers and shave the rest of her hair. when her daughters play up she tells them i have lost my hair not my mind. she is also very brave and funny :sun::sun:

Ali k was heart wrenching.

Positive vibes to your sister and her family and you.

She really does sound a lovely sister Boffy.

Did you hear when their guest model Adele told her story? Her grace and dignity as she recounted the horrifying number of family members who have been lost to this disease... and how they realised the link when she was tested and found to have the BRCA2 gene... she herself has had 2 primary cancers - breast and ovarian, and has been re-diagnosed with the ovarian. She volunteers for head-strong, the support service BCC does for those losing their hair during treatment. What an amazing, inspiring woman.

Very moving when Ali K was talking to Jackie and Micéal. Jackie was completely choked up, and could barely speak.

It was very moving also to see the small soundbite from Joan Collins... so very poignant considering the very recent loss of her sister to this cruel disease.

I'm afraid I succumbed to the Alpha-H mask - such a fantastic price... seems so trivial to say that in this context, though.

the lady who had breast cancer then ovarian. then nearly all her family had various cancers due to the genetics so strong

She really does sound a lovely sister Boffy.

we try and do lots of fun things. she treats herself and me sometimes to lovely breaks away nice lunches etc. cancer is no respecter of anyone. some lose the battle but many win. you just hope its you that will win

the lady who had breast cancer then ovarian. then nearly all her family had various cancers due to the genetics so strong

It's hard to comprehend that one family should have been so effected, terrible terrible, I just don't know how they have kept their belief in anything in the face of this

Considering what the shows were like in the early days when all the presenters turned up in their finery, this was like something cobbled together in the village hall ! All the 'extras' on show were probably shipped down from the Call Centre, not forgetting the two main brand ambassadors of everything, to plug the gaps and grinning manically on cue - especially Mrs Bethlehem Lights !

Tins of Churchill biscuits with a fiver off, is hardly 'leaping to the phones' stuff, and doesn't compare to the 14ct gold opal pendant and chain I purchased for £28 (half price) in one of the earlier BCC shows, or the pink Kipling bag for £14.

Sorry, for a pretty high octane charity, this was an abysmal offering from Q, and it should be quietly done away with, with Q sending a cheque without the fanfare.

One of the things I didn't like was saying the amount a particular person donated (usually £500). This was unfair to donors who gave as much as they could. 100 giving £5 is as valid as Dorothy giving £500 but people who can't match this feel embarrassed and may not bother. Names and no amount is the way it should be.

I thought the offerings were poor, carpet cleaner and Eco eggs!

Its good that Qvc bring BCC to light however the offerings and the % that Qvc give to BCC is very poor so your better off Donating to BCC directly .

My heart goes out to anyone whos effected by this awful disease :( x

I agree that the stars were the breast cancer survivors .The 80 year old lady was very elegant and vibrant even after being diagnosed at the age of 79.

Can I just say a word about the cold cap here. I was paranoid about losing my hair in chemo and so used a cap. Yes, as my hair got thinner it got pretty uncomfortable but it was very effective. I lost about half my hair so it was very thin and I had to be careful when washing it or it would have fallen out. But for anyone really strung out about hair loss, on top of all the other nightmare stuff, please do give a cold cap a try. My hair may have looked pretty bad but I know I would have looked a lot worse with none at all, and you need all the confidence boosters you can get - well I know I did.

Yes, these brave ladies deserved to be involved with a lot more than the Eco eggs offering !! There should have been a lot more 'glamorous' products, not ****** vacuum cleaners and cleaning products ! Almost like getting the worst Christmas present ever !

There was very little fashion, which I find surprising... Mind you, with the Kim & Co TSV today, there really was very little fashion on QVC today anyway :mysmilie_17:

It doesn't seem so many years ago that QVC really got everyone glammed up, and lots of gorgeous stuff to lift the spirits: perfume, nail polish, lovely jewellery... what happened to all the designers doing t-shirts?

I was fortunate enough not go through chemo, but because I was planning for the worst and hoping for the best all the way through, I'd thought about chemo and losing hair. I decided I wouldn't be able to stomach the cold cap.

Latest posts

Back