beauty on a budget

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i use a'kin as i like chemical free. the best place for that with special packs and offers is mypure online. also for a cheap chemical free body wash and soap i use bentley's organics which i feel is great value. the supermarket and boots is worth checking out first as they have offers and 3 for 2.

I've been using Aldi day and night anti-winkle cream for the last three months now.
It's £3 a pot and my skin is as good as it was if not better than when I used Philosophy,Elemis etc
I am 49, so not a young sprog!!

It was the cream reviewed by Gok and his team of ladies and came out very well!

Last edited:
I've been using Aldi day and night anti-winkle cream for the last three months now.
It's £3 a pot and my skin is as good as it was if not better than when I used Philosophy,Elemis etc

me too Lemonsqueezy...got fed up forking out so much on moisturisers...have been using both of the Aldi creams for a few months now with no problems:1:

Decleor is less expensive at cheapsmells - as some one has already posted. The service is good.

Even QVC TSVs are too pricey half the time if you do not want this bit or that bit and have no one to give them to as pressies.

Have a look at Superdrug. When money is really tight I go back to their own brand. They have a couple of ranges - depending on age and skin sensitivity - - that are good value for money. Their website is quite good to search on.

I am sure most of us are looking carefully how we spend now. I really resent the P and P charges QVC set for the length of time you have to wait for an order.

Unfortunately, I found the Aldi creams too greasy for my skin as well as being heavily perfumed so I'm sticking with Liz Earle at the moment.

Unfortunately, I found the Aldi creams too greasy for my skin as well as being heavily perfumed so I'm sticking with Liz Earle at the moment.

You have a good point there BL. I have not used the Aldi cream but I have bought many brands where the perfume - and really what seems like artificial type scent - is just too much for me. That's why I now try to stick to LE and Decleor oils. Gatineau is very heavily perfumed.

You have a good point there BL. I have not used the Aldi cream but I have bought many brands where the perfume - and really what seems like artificial type scent - is just too much for me. That's why I now try to stick to LE and Decleor oils. Gatineau is very heavily perfumed.

Hi Snuffles

I hate creams which are heavily perfumed. I found the Boots Protect & Perfect too much for me but then it's fine for lots of others. Gatineau was the same, as was Elemis but I've never had a problem with LE products. I've been using them since day one on QVC although I do keep trying others in between.

Have you used A'Kin? I have and found the same problem with the perfume!

OOOOHHH loads of choice's to make i can see this is going to take me a while and thankyou to all that have responded.I must admitt i did get sucked in by qvc and Alison Young.But to be fair i learnt a lot from Alison over the years.i will post again when i find something to try. xx

I love the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish but nothing else from the range as I like Gatineau face creams etc. Although it is not the most expensive - do any of you know of a cheaper wash off cleanser which is just as good??

I was going to buy the triple pack with my birthday voucher (as the smashbox tsv was already on easipay) then I could have spread the cost over three months but qvc are out of stock!!

Hi Snuffles

I hate creams which are heavily perfumed. I found the Boots Protect & Perfect too much for me but then it's fine for lots of others. Gatineau was the same, as was Elemis but I've never had a problem with LE products. I've been using them since day one on QVC although I do keep trying others in between.

Have you used A'Kin? I have and found the same problem with the perfume!

I have used the creamy cleanser. I know it's an ideal to go for a 'natural' range, but this cleanser developed a black mould around the opening when I had used less than half.. I threw it away. It has put me off trying more of the range. I think LE may well be right when she says a little preservative is necessary in some items.

Hi all, I've only relatively started using Decleor, previously using Gatineau and Clientele - although I have tried many a high street brand in my time! I have noticed a real improvement with Decleor though and like everyone else, have to watch the budget very carefully - I find it worth keeping an eye on Amazon UK - every now and then there are some tremendous bargains - pays to be patient though, because they don't come along all the time! I'm hoping to use the birthday voucher code to top up my supplies on easy pay!

cheap decleor

will confirm what mad sue has said.i buy from cheap smells all my decleor. they are super quick 2 days delivery and stock a good range of product.the p&p is 95p fab company. you can also phone them.

will confirm what mad sue has said.i buy from cheap smells all my decleor. they are super quick 2 days delivery and stock a good range of product.the p&p is 95p fab company. you can also phone them.

Ditto, they're very good.

I love the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish but nothing else from the range as I like Gatineau face creams etc. Although it is not the most expensive - do any of you know of a cheaper wash off cleanser which is just as good??

I was going to buy the triple pack with my birthday voucher (as the smashbox tsv was already on easipay) then I could have spread the cost over three months but qvc are out of stock!!

Rosey, have you tried Liz Earle's own site (http://uk.lizearle.com/ )? Although there isn't an easypay option the prices are generally a little lower than QVC's and there is a flat rate of £3 for p&p, providing you are in the UK. QVC have always great value TSVs but Liz's own site is usually better value for one-off purchases.

I use this too! Its really nice, very moisturising, smells lovely and isn't imo greasy at all! God bless the Gok! :21:

me too Lemonsqueezy...got fed up forking out so much on moisturisers...have been using both of the Aldi creams for a few months now with no problems:1:

I use Aldi day and night cream and the eye cream too its great

This is a super thread. I'm really having to tighten my belt at the moment due to being made redundant and not having a steady income coming in and trying to get a business off the ground. I used to get all my beauty stuff from QVC, but now I shop around more and am buying from the high street again.

I admit to going back to using soap and water to cleanse my face, but always follow with Liz Earle Toner and A'Kin moisturiser, I've had superb results from this cream - it makes my skin look radiant and feel firm and toned.

I've recently purchased Sainsbury's So Organic Replenishing Face Mask, which cost me less than a fiver for the 75ml tube, has lasted me 6 months and as well as being 95% organic and soil association approved has given me brilliant results and much better than any of the expensive brands I used.

I swapped and tried the B Natural Intensive Mask from Tesco last week which is £3 odd for the same amount and again have had great results from that.

Also Montagne Jeunesse facemasks - 37p a packet with enough for two applications in each, they smell divine and really deep clean your skin.

I have heard that Waitrose do "baby bottom butter" (or something like that) and that has also had rave reviews. Unfortunately I am not posh enough :21: to live near a Waitrose shop to try it, but i think it is about a fiver. Oh and you're not supposed to put it on your bum, you put it on your face.... Just thought i'd clarify that point:11:

I have been using the whole of the Liz Earle range for about 4 years now and i woulnt stop using it now.:1:

The cleanse and polish and tonic last about a month each using twice a day and the moisturiser lasts much longer than that.

The products are cheaper than QVC if you buy direct from Liz Earle or even cheaper from their seconds shop on Ebay - the items are perfect but the bottles might be damaged or with no printing on them etc. You get free samples from direct too. Once a month they do special kits and offers which are great.

Although QVC TSV are good value, direct is normally cheaper for a few items, plus its onnly £3 flat rate postage.

Good luck with the hunt!:1:

Latest posts

Back