WFP and politics

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks. I honestly cannot remember if I started the topic or not. I suspect I was responding to someone's aside re WFP!
I nearly used the "don't talk politics or religion" quote when defending myself but there are only so many clichés I can post! 😉
You didn't start the subject

To be fair you explain well the monetary problems of the country.
I know very little about such matters apart from that we as a country are massively in debt. Not only too mention collective personal debt which I understand is also enormously huge.
I have no answers or solutions.
It seems crazy that we are doing £102 billion in interest up the wall every year.
But to take away the £300 to save what is a comparatively small amount of money is wrong.
After all, will it not cost to means test and likely more people to claim PC maybe?
Funny they didn't mention any of this pre re-election in the manifesto?
I more than sure they will more than rue this decision in the future especially when all the other stuff that comes out inevitably in next few years.
Or even the next few months.

Er, I just actually looked at my electric account and I have £881.11 in credit!! I only put £10 per week into gas and electric now. I was even told by my electric company I don't use much electric.

Oh, I would not get £300 winter heating thing only people over £75 got that I would have got £200. It was paid by household, not person in the home.

Yet they still pay the £10 Xmas bonus which is a joke, paid to people on pensions and certain sickness benefits. When it was introduced back in the 1970s, a friend told me her mother was able to pay a week's rent and buy Xmas dinner. I am in N.I. but in the Republic at Xmas all pensioners get an extra week's state pension paid to them. It used to be an extra 2 weeks a few years back.

Things will be getting more expensive because it looks like an all out war in the Middle East, which will affect the oil prices.

Er, I just actually looked at my electric account and I have £881.11 in credit!! I only put £10 per week into gas and electric now. I was even told by my electric company I don't use much electric.

Oh, I would not get £300 winter heating thing only people over £75 got that I would have got £200. It was paid by household, not person in the home.

Yet they still pay the £10 Xmas bonus which is a joke, paid to people on pensions and certain sickness benefits. When it was introduced back in the 1970s, a friend told me her mother was able to pay a week's rent and buy Xmas dinner. I am in N.I. but in the Republic at Xmas all pensioners get an extra week's state pension paid to them. It used to be an extra 2 weeks a few years back.

Things will be getting more expensive because it looks like an all out war in the Middle East, which will affect the oil prices.
Fuel duty rises in the budget will send prices soaring anyway so motorists are in for a tough time.

And no, we can't all afford to buy electric cars even if we wanted to and in any case energy costs are going up and they are likely to be paying road tax soon.

Fuel duty rises in the budget will send prices soaring anyway so motorists are in for a tough time.

And no, we can't all afford to buy electric cars even if we wanted to and in any case energy costs are going up and they are likely to be paying road tax soon.
Up to £600 per year, according to my local rag.

It must cost more to send the derisory £10 out,it's an insult. They talk about it as though they are giving you the earth.

Latest posts

Back