Back to You Beauty - no more!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's a shame that the Bare Mineral ambassadors posted a big thank you to all the Back to You ladies for supporting them on TSV day. There was nothing on the main QVC page.

It's a shame that the Bare Mineral ambassadors posted a big thank you to all the Back to You ladies for supporting them on TSV day. There was nothing on the main QVC page.

I find that an odd thing to do, it's as is if it's only the BTY, and anything Fibby Flint related, get the appreciation and gratitude where as every one else gets a V If I was still a QVC customer and bought it I'd email BM and ask, is my customer not valued then? and explain why.

I find that an odd thing to do, it's as is if it's only the BTY, and anything Fibby Flint related, get the appreciation and gratitude where as every one else gets a V If I was still a QVC customer and bought it I'd email BM and ask, is my customer not valued then? and explain why.

I guess if the main person (upon receipt of the free TSV) gives her entirely impartial opinion that it's fan-******-tastic and her Stepford followers all buy it, that's probably a big chunk of the sales...

Surely there must be some intelligent women on this pretend blogger`s Back To You facebook group and surely they must see her supposed blogs all follow the same lines ? Insert photo of pretend blogger followed by " Oh my gosh this ( insert brand ) tsv has got to be the best ever, t`s fantastic and get yours quickly before it sells out " end of blog.
I don`t buy any of Q`s beauty brands, well unless you can call ABC a beauty brand but if I did buy and the brand reps posted such gushing posts on small BTY type groups and omitted the main QVC facebook page, then I wouldn`t buy the brand again.

Surely there must be some intelligent women on this pretend blogger`s Back To You facebook group and surely they must see her supposed blogs all follow the same lines ? Insert photo of pretend blogger followed by " Oh my gosh this ( insert brand ) tsv has got to be the best ever, t`s fantastic and get yours quickly before it sells out " end of blog.
I don`t buy any of Q`s beauty brands, well unless you can call ABC a beauty brand but if I did buy and the brand reps posted such gushing posts on small BTY type groups and omitted the main QVC facebook page, then I wouldn`t buy the brand again.

This is a question I've asked myself too. I've concluded that clearly there are none.

Everything about the group stinks. Sorry if that sounds unnecessarily harsh but I don't think it has any redeeming features and has nothing to offer anyone looking for straightforward, honest and unbiased information about what they might spend their money on.

This is a question I've asked myself too. I've concluded that clearly there is none.

Everything about the group stinks. Sorry if that sounds unnecessarily harsh but I don't think it has any redeeming features and has nothing to offer anyone looking for straightforward, honest and unbiased information about what they might spend their money on.

Well, when I first joined this forum I was still smarting from my experience of that group and, as an educated and I'd like to think intelligent person, I got sucked in good and proper and it took about 3 months before the scales finally fell. So unfortunately, I'm sure there are plenty of intelligent people in that group, they just haven't 'taken the red pill' yet.

Edited to add, I was indeed one of the Stepford followers in my earlier post...

Well, when I first joined this forum I was still smarting from my experience of that group and, as an educated and I'd like to think intelligent person, I got sucked in good and proper and it took about 3 months before the scales finally fell. So unfortunately, I'm sure there are plenty of intelligent people in that group, they just haven't 'taken the red pill' yet.

Edited to add, I was indeed one of the Stepford followers in my earlier post...

I would definitely consider you to be intelligent, Tarketta, so apologies. Let's say intelligent and unintelligent people are swallowed in by the BTY machine, all get chewed and swooshed around together in there, the willing and gullible remain stuck in the digestive system and only the stronger, wiser ones get pooped out.

Okay people, this is a real beauty blogger. Now this is one is Chanel Spring 2017, but she went out and bought it herself.

http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-coco-code-harmonie-de-blush-review-photos-swatches/#more-267862

Christine talks about textures and pigment. Shows dupes. Describes her skin etc.

That`s how it should be done. Whereas the BTY pretend blogger posts a pic, says she`s worked hard for 6 hours applying the makeup, has taken 300 selfies until she finds the right one, its all fantastic etc and then begs for votes because Pedigree Chum are trying to find the best blog or should that read dog ?

There must be people on this group who can see through the falseness of it all! I will buy what I like and these Posts say nothing to me! It's just another sale Gimmick for QVC and making this blogger look important! :mysmilie_1:

I would definitely consider you to be intelligent, Tarketta, so apologies. Let's say intelligent and unintelligent people are swallowed in by the BTY machine, all get chewed and swooshed around together in there, the willing and gullible remain stuck in the digestive system and only the stronger, wiser ones get pooped out.

AndiK, absolutely no need to apologise, I was very clumsily agreeing with you. During my membership of that group, I did behave like a gullible fool and I still find it shocking I got so easily sucked into the fake camaraderie and chumminess and how I got blown away by all the gushing reviews and actually bought the products being pimped out and then found myself owing 100s of pounds worth of easy pays because of course they were all such 'amazing bargains'. Shameful really but it happened!

AndiK, absolutely no need to apologise, I was very clumsily agreeing with you. During my membership of that group, I did behave like a gullible fool and I still find it shocking I got so easily sucked into the fake camaraderie and chumminess and how I got blown away by all the gushing reviews and actually bought the products being pimped out and then found myself owing 100s of pounds worth of easy pays because of course they were all such 'amazing bargains'. Shameful really but it happened!

Bless you! I am so glad you are cured. I've never belonged to a FB group or anything on FB but I was definitely taken in by QVC itself when I first discovered it. Fortunately, I've always been quite careful with money so avoided getting myself in debt but it's so liberating being much more circumspect, as I am now, and just buying what I really need (if it's cheap enough). Don't go near the BTY group again and, if you are tempted, come on here and we'll talk you out of it!

Bless you! I am so glad you are cured. I've never belonged to a FB group or anything on FB but I was definitely taken in by QVC itself when I first discovered it. Fortunately, I've always been quite careful with money so avoided getting myself in debt but it's so liberating being much more circumspect, as I am now, and just buying what I really need (if it's cheap enough). Don't go near the BTY group again and, if you are tempted, come on here and we'll talk you out of it!

Thanks, AndiK :) I'm pleased to report I've been talked out of a number of purchases of beauty TSVs I definitely didn't need...although I have since developed an obsession for fleece thanks to this group :mysmilie_13:

No need to feel ashamed, I'm sure we've all been taken in by various things at some point in our lives, and I admire your honesty. Hope it wasn't too painful a process extricating yourself from the group, as I know things that happen on forums can be very upsetting. Back to You's loss was our gain. :happy:

Might have to join this BTY group! Will sleep on it :mysmilie_61:

You'd be lucky. You have to be vetted, your internet history examined to make sure you don't visit sites or forums they disprove of, give a DNA sample to prove you are who you say you are. Oh and then get planning permission to erect the alter to worship DF,all things QVC and Sharon.:mysmilie_13:

No need to feel ashamed, I'm sure we've all been taken in by various things at some point in our lives, and I admire your honesty. Hope it wasn't too painful a process extricating yourself from the group, as I know things that happen on forums can be very upsetting. Back to You's loss was our gain. :happy:

Aw thanks Minx in Space, I love this forum :mysmilie_8:

You'd be lucky. You have to be vetted, your internet history examined to make sure you don't visit sites or forums they disprove of, give a DNA sample to prove you are who you say you are. Oh and then get planning permission to erect the alter to worship DF,all things QVC and Sharon.:mysmilie_13:

Oh really! What a joke outfit!
Did this S person ever work for QVC? She must have at some point? Surely a normal every day customer wouldn't get so involved with them????

No never worked at QVC. She became friends with DF and it went from there. Not sure if DF was between partners and Sharon was supportive and they became joined at the hip. DF mentions her a lot as her very best friend.

Latest posts

Back