AY - buttery?????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
I've had the Mally hour on for 5 minutes and already AY has said buttery 4 times. I'm not sure I want my face to look like I've smeared a pack of Lurpak on because butter is greasy isn't it???

Yes I think so too. Buttery thick greasy sliding off your face. I don't use butter myself Sainsbury's own brand Olive Oil spread myself.

AY has a new sound bite word then.

Once Allison gets hold of a new word or phrase, its a prisoner! I don't know where she got this one from and how skin can be compared to butter. Another favourite is texture on the skin area, eye area, lip area, nail area etc etc. This new description will run and run. I caught a few minutes of the TSV repeat this morning and the screeching from herself and Mally was unreal. I switched over pronto so I never got to see the TSV properly.

It's in the QVC standard vocab: Buttery can also be used for leather (coats and handbags) and gold (incl Veronese).

Jude xx

I had a laugh at that, the thought of a buttery face, ha if I had been scoffing some lovely hot toast maybe, but not as a selling point for make up. As others have said it is a favourite description on QVC, guess marg and lard don't sound as posh.

I had a laugh at that, the thought of a buttery face, ha if I had been scoffing some lovely hot toast maybe, but not as a selling point for make up. As others have said it is a favourite description on QVC, guess marg and lard don't sound as posh.

What about dripping? Imagine how that would stink on a hot day!

Why do they say it? it is such a rubbish description and just makes me think of when my butter dish has been left out without the lid on and is just starting to liqufiy at the edges. Not an alluring thought. What will they be comparing textures to next, K Y Jelly perhaps?

Why do they say it? it is such a rubbish description and just makes me think of when my butter dish has been left out without the lid on and is just starting to liqufiy at the edges. Not an alluring thought. What will they be comparing textures to next, K Y Jelly perhaps?

And getting mixed up between translucent and transparent in the process!

Latest posts

Back