Any One Else Sick Of The ......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Charlie Bears hard sales pitch?
Please don't get me wrong I've nothing against the bears at all.
I purchased the black/white TSV bear last visit and is currently on my daughter's bed.
Just the limited stocks, so buy bear now sales pitch is putting me off watching the shows.

:puke:

I've never bought a bear,but think they're quite sweet.

I cannot sit through a whole hour as the male guest gets right up my nose.He has to be the most insincere guest I've ever seen on QVC.

I've never bought a bear,but think they're quite sweet.

I cannot sit through a whole hour as the male guest gets right up my nose.He has to be the most insincere guest I've ever seen on QVC.

I agree rainbowdottie, he makes me shudder although I believe he speaks very highly of you and I!!!

I agree rainbowdottie, he makes me shudder although I believe he speaks very highly of you and I!!!

Lol

The two of them make me cringe.
I only watched a bit of their double act just the once, when I was thinking that a bear would make a good present for my great nephew. That was enough to put me off forever.

I was shocked to see how frail Charlotte (Charlie) looked, finding it quite uncomfortable viewing how "infirm" (to use a v old word) she seemed. Is she ill?

I find the hard sell "jump to the phones" approach evident on most shows these days, maybe it just feels less appropriate with teddies?

Jude xx

I'm not a teddy person although I did fall into the trap once & ordered.I returned not because it was not a lovely bear but I thought what do I want with this.For those of you who are teddy people i can see the attraction.Agree the presenting couple are not my scene too, just have to switch 'em off.Thought she looked a bit better in the few seconds I flipped on recently?

The pair of them are just wet. "The bears are like our children". No they're not, get a life. What really annoys me is when a bear sells out and Charlie says "OH NO". What the hell is she on about? "Oh no that's really awful - more money on its way into our business account."

I love the bears & admit to owning quite a few, but I watch the shows despite the couple to see the bears as you get to see them properly rather than on the shop websites.
But I am heartily, heartily sick of hearing the story of how they got together!
And she looks more & more in need of a good roast dinner or six.

Charlie does look thin and tired, probably due to the strain of the business success and having to design and produce under pressure from QVC. The 'Oh No's, I think, are because she's told the non-QVC bear collector community to tune in to get bears they want, and she's worried that they've missed out because of a sellout. She always talks about people calling up the day after a QVC show and asking where they can get certain bears, and she hates disappointing them.

Will doesn't annoy me all that much, but he's getting bigger and bigger as Charlotte shrinks...I find that disconcerting.

She'd soon be disappointed with a factory full of bears she can't sell! Stress of success eh, maybe they need to ditch Q.

I find the body language quite creepy - he sits almost on top of her, while she sits shrinking into herself and looking up at him. A bit controlling ? Perhaps it looks that way because Daddy Bear has eaten Mummy bear's dinner too (on a regular basis) !!!!!! and why does HE need to be on the tv as well, surely Charlie could do the job on her own.

I find the body language quite creepy - he sits almost on top of her, while she sits shrinking into herself and looking up at him. A bit controlling ? Perhaps it looks that way because Daddy Bear has eaten Mummy bear's dinner too (on a regular basis) !!!!!! and why does HE need to be on the tv as well, surely Charlie could do the job on her own.

He's a good Northern lad-he obviosly loves gravy!!!

I've wondered why she can't do it on her own.Even if he came with her and stayed backstage,would be better - shes seems to have much more genuine passion for the bears

Latest posts

Back