Another Elemis TSV on 6th September

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bummer!

Can I just point out to anyone who has been wanting to try the Elemis lime and ginger hand and body duo, which is available at several places for £39.00, www.hqhair.com have the duo in stock for £18.00, don't know whether it's a mistake, but my order went through okay.

I was too late: just received this email from HQHair:

I am writing to inform you that there has been a pricing error with the Elemis Exotic Lime & Ginger Duo you have ordered. Unfortunately we are unable to honor this purchase and therefore your account will be refunded in the next 2-3 days. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Oh well :( it just wasn't meant to be.

Jude xx

I was too late: just received this email from HQHair:

I am writing to inform you that there has been a pricing error with the Elemis Exotic Lime & Ginger Duo you have ordered. Unfortunately we are unable to honor this purchase and therefore your account will be refunded in the next 2-3 days. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Oh well :( it just wasn't meant to be.

Jude xx

Me too, just received similar e-mail this morning :sad:

Oh well, my bank balance will be healthier!!

How can it be £39 anyway, way over priced. 2 bottles of the same size through qvc or time to spa are much cheaper, ok perhaps not the tall and thin bottle but still the same 300ml

I got the same email this morning. However, I was under the impression that if a company publicised an item at a wrong price, they are legally oblige to honour the purchase as the mistake was theirs (just part of the cost of doing business I suppose). Am I right in thinking this?

I had the email too, it said I would be refunded in 2-3 days, I called and said this isn't acceptable, if they have made an error (their t & c's do seem tio cover pricing errors)then they must refund immediately if they are not going to supply the item - they had already done so!
Pity, I was looking forward to receiving my set and had ordered one for my sister, have no intention of ordering at £39 though!

has anyone received theirs aat £18?

Not impressed...

In many examples of mispricing on websites, there is a dispute as to whether a contract was formed or not. In this case, they can't really argue that there was no contract as they took the money from your card.
Tia, thanks, I thought so too. I have sent CS an email telling them that I beleive a contract was form and that therefore they are legally bound to honour such contract at the advertised price, we'll see what they say... Incidentally, I tried to ring at first and the number they give out on their CS page is no longer valid, so effectively even though they give you a phone number it is impossible to reach CS by phone. Isn't is shocking?

Instant response...I suspect they had to send out quite a few of these today...

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, regrettably a human error occurred and we are unable to honour the price as it is far below the even the cost of goods to ourselves.

We are within our rights not to dispatch your product, please see 3.3 of our terms and conditions which you agreed to when ordering with us.

3 Prices and VAT (Sales Tax)
3.1 Depending upon your choice of currency, our prices are stated in Pounds Sterling (£), Euros (€) or US Dollars ($) and include Sales Tax (VAT) at the rate of 15%. If your order qualifies with us for UK Tax Free Shopping the Sales Tax (VAT) will be automatically deducted during checkout and a service charge of £5 will be made.
3.2 Our VAT Number: GB 752 5674 13.
3.3 We clearly show you the price you have to pay for our products. If, by mistake, we have under-priced a product, we will not have to deliver that product to you at the stated price, provided that we tell you before we post the product. You can then decide if you still want the product.

I got the e-mail as well, saved me money because I went for these instead of the TSV and I had ordered a set for a present as well.

I had seen them on the Elemis site at £39 but failed to see how the stand was free at that price.

I have mixed feelings as I was not sure if Elemis would be doing round bottles to put on the stand later. It was the price that sold it to me.

It is a common mistake made by people that if a shop misprices something they must sell it to you at this price. No, it is up to the shop discreation whether they do it or not. Most shops will honour the wrong price though. Mind I have heard things about HQHair on beauty boards. When they are good they are great but if you order and item out of stock they don't tell you. So you could be waiting for weeks with no goods and know nothing unless you contact them. Also slow at refunds too was a common complaint.

Oh I just received my free sample of the Visible Brilliance in the post. LOL

Last edited:
I got an email too. I know they have the right not to honour the order - invitation to treat - BUT I've been a customer for years and spent a lot of money with them. I would have expected at least a 10% 'sweetner' to shop with them again, rather than a 'we've cocked up, tough ****'. Email on way.

I wish she would stop hinting for freebies.......... her ungrammatical......."I have just RAN out........I want to put that pot of Pro collagen Marine Cream under my jacket Keeley" WELL JUST BUY IT LIKE WE ALL HAVE TO.

When I heard that I thought, Philosophy (which she used to swear by) clearly aren't letting you have any more freebies so now you've moved on to another brand to what you can ponce off them.

Put your hand in the pocket like the rest of us woman.

QVC really need to tell her to stop blagging on air so blatantly.

When I heard that I thought, Philosophy (which she used to swear by) clearly aren't letting you have any more freebies so now you've moved on to another brand to what you can ponce off them.

Put your hand in the pocket like the rest of us woman.

QVC really need to tell her to stop blagging on air so blatantly.

She does this with so many brands, Philosophy, Decleor, Elemis, Liz Earle and so on!!!!

It is a common mistake made by people that if a shop misprices something they must sell it to you at this price. No, it is up to the shop discreation whether they do it or not. Most shops will honour the wrong price though. Mind I have heard things about HQHair on beauty boards. When they are good they are great but if you order and item out of stock they don't tell you. So you could be waiting for weeks with no goods and know nothing unless you contact them. Also slow at refunds too was a common complaint.

Oh I just received my free sample of the Visible Brilliance in the post. LOL

I think that in ordering we are making an offer to buy which HQ Hair can accept or reject. I got the email about the refund but they haven't taken my money by the looks of it.

And yes my sample of the serum has arrived today too!

Bummer! I got the email this morning, too. Totally miffed. Sorry that I got everyone's hopes up, but I wanted to give as many peeps as possible the chance to get a bargain. Heigh ho. I have had a problem with the company before when I ordered an item which didn't arrive. I contacted them and they emailed me 5 days later to say that the item was no longer in stock and that they would authorize a refund. I wasn't impressed then and I'm not impressed now. £39.00 is way too expensive for the duo, so they can whistle Dixie if they think I'm purchasing it at that price. Curses!

I realise this is quite controversial - but we know QVC read these boards; does anyone think they may have raised this with either Elemis or HQ hair - after all, it potentially cost QVC sales - perhaps not a huge volume compared to the amount of viewers they have, but nonetheless, I don't think they would have been impressed had Elemis given a promotional price to HQHair on the day of a QVC TSV - or am I just getting carried away with my suspicions?

If it had of been a promotional price then it would have been on TimeToSpa the official Elemis site, not HQHair. It was the latter who made the major boob, and have decided not to honour the mistake.

Remember back when QVC did the 400ml duo cleaner and toner for £19? They did honour but I bet it cost them dear to do so. OK say we got letters saying don't expect this to happen ever ever ever again. I imagine whoever did it was taken out and publicy flogged. LOL

Latest posts

Back