Anna Cookson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is the first time I have ever see her present anything. What a horrible voice. It's like having my ear canals rubbed with a cheese grater whilst listening to two bits of polystyrene being rubbed together in a maternity ward!

I must be thick because I have no idea what you are talking about! Care to enlighten me regarding the polystyrene reference?

I must be thick because I have no idea what you are talking about! Care to enlighten me regarding the polystyrene reference?

What background noise are you likely to hear in a maternity ward? Add to that other unpleasant sounds and you convey that the presenter's voice is as unpleasant as the combination of several unpleasant things.

I spent just over two weeks on a maternity ward ... adjoining the delivery suites. It was far from relaxing.

I'm never afraid to admit I may have been wrong but, in the yankee hour at 16.00 hours yesterday, Anna Cookson asked viewers to tweet her if they had any questions for her to put to Rosa in the 20.00 hour show. I tweeted my question re tlights, and Anna tweeted me back to say she would ask the question for me, which she did and I, subsequently, got my answer. The fact that she bothered to tweet me to let me know she would be asking the question and then did as she had said makes her a professional. Although she is not a presenter whose shows I watch, Anna is endearing herself to me - I'm sure that will reassure her!!! (not) - by doing her job. Other more established presenters could learn from her. Needless to say, I watched the full yankee hour and did, in fact, get a good impression of Anna and her demeanour,etc. So I will, in future, not miss a show because she is presenting it. Also, can I applaud her for being cognisant of the somewhat little known fact that the 'Tea Party' is a party in american politics (yankee candle set tea party). She has gone up in my estimation.

I'm never afraid to admit I may have been wrong but, in the yankee hour at 16.00 hours yesterday, Anna Cookson asked viewers to tweet her if they had any questions for her to put to Rosa in the 20.00 hour show. I tweeted my question re tlights, and Anna tweeted me back to say she would ask the question for me, which she did and I, subsequently, got my answer. The fact that she bothered to tweet me to let me know she would be asking the question and then did as she had said makes her a professional. Although she is not a presenter whose shows I watch, Anna is endearing herself to me - I'm sure that will reassure her!!! (not) - by doing her job. Other more established presenters could learn from her. Needless to say, I watched the full yankee hour and did, in fact, get a good impression of Anna and her demeanour,etc. So I will, in future, not miss a show because she is presenting it. Also, can I applaud her for being cognisant of the somewhat little known fact that the 'Tea Party' is a party in american politics (yankee candle set tea party). She has gone up in my estimation.

I have to say she is growing on me too. The weird over-exaggerated expressions and nose-wrinkling is gone, everything has calmed down and is much more relaxed and low key. She does NOT get hyper or screechy. All in all she's leaving me littleto gripe about -which in itself is an achievement. Well done Anna.

Im not surprised to hear Anna took the time to do that. Her manners are nice and she throws herself into the work and I think she is the kind of person who always does everything to the very best if her ability. She tries very hard to please. I get the feeling she cries out to be accepted and liked, well I like her, always have, since day one, cant say the same for the presenter who started with Anna and lets hope she decides she likes it at home so much, she becomes a full time mum, which Im sure she sill be very good at.

I agree Tristar. For her to be called a "thick cow" is absolutely unjustified. She comes across as a very pleasant, well-educated young woman who doesn't lower herself with screeching and hard sell presenting. There are several others on Q with far more irritating voices and presenting styles than hers. She seems to be finding her feet at last, though it has taken her some time.

She's not the worst on Q. I just couldn't warm to her, just as I could never warm to Anthony Heywood when he used to be on. Anthony Heywood was IMO the worst QVC presenter of all time, second to Jill Franks, Alison Young. I'm not a fan of Caramel either. Don't know if she's gone since I went away. Haven't seen her.

Anna has improved beyond recognition. Gone is the awkwardness and it has been replaced by a more confident and informative Anna. Granted her vocabulary is unique but i find. it quite endearing now(I didn't when she first started). I really like her.

Anna has improved beyond recognition. Gone is the awkwardness and it has been replaced by a more confident and informative Anna. Granted her vocabulary is unique but i find. it quite endearing now(I didn't when she first started). I really like her.

You like everybody LEL, you're just nice! LOL

Aren't we all.
You'd wonder why we watch or tolerate QVC when we all seem to be sensible headed people (most of us). Could you just switch it off and not watch again, i don't think i could, although i sometimes wish i'd never got the freeview box years ago, i would have saved myself so so so much money and time wasted watching QVC. It must put a spell on us for us all to contine watching and griping about it LOL

You'd wonder why we watch or tolerate QVC when we all seem to be sensible headed people (most of us). Could you just switch it off and not watch again, i don't think i could, although i sometimes wish i'd never got the freeview box years ago, i would have saved myself so so so much money and time wasted watching QVC. It must put a spell on us for us all to contine watching and griping about it LOL

If I've been away then by the time I get home I actually crave a bit of Q. It's the first thing i put on tv, and then just zone out under its spell. Its quite ridiculous. Like televisual Valium.

If I've been away then by the time I get home I actually crave a bit of Q. It's the first thing i put on tv, and then just zone out under its spell. Its quite ridiculous. Like televisual Valium.
Its actually weird isn't it. I'm the same, have to have it on at night to fall asleep to, only number 1 so can't actually hear anything, it just has to be on. Televisual valium, i love that. You're so right LOL

I do like Anna as a person,not a salesperson. Have tried, but she does twinkle her nose, and do something with her eyes, like Bewitched person.Lovely
girl, but don't feel comfortable watching her :(

Latest posts

Back