Alpha H TSV 19/8/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've not seen or heard any hints on Alpha H's social media as yet.

Could do with some more microcleanse personally.

I'm a die hard Alpha H fan but have recently strayed... for those with "typical" Alpha H skin (combination, and/or spot prone) you might want to look at Clean and Clear's new Advantage range (it's basically Clean & Clear but aimed more towards adult skin than teenagers), I never thought I'd find anything better than Alpha H but on a money-saving mission I tried this, and I have! The Clear & Soothe foaming wash is really worth a look, good ratings and good concentration of skin clearing ingredients without the irritants http://www.boots.com/en/Clean-Clear-Advantage-Clear-Soothe-Foaming-Wash_1360822/

Decided to give this cleanser a try , very impressed so far, really leaves the skin feeling smooth and not at all tight. Also the smell is very nice. Thanks Ella x

Is the Liquid gold really that good? I have blackheads on my nose but the skin is also peeling. Do you think it would help?

I'm not sure it will help with blackheads but it makes the skin to look radiant and plump overnight and it helps with healing of spots overnight as well from my experience.

Decided to give this cleanser a try , very impressed so far, really leaves the skin feeling smooth and not at all tight. Also the smell is very nice. Thanks Ella x

Delighted to hear it! Hope it continues to work for you :) I couldn't be more pleased, never found a foaming cleanser that leaves my skin feeling so soft, yet is still very effective at balancing/clearing the skin.

Ellaaa, does this cleanser remove/dissolve the dead skin sells like the Triple Action does?

On Facebook they said concerning the TSV "back by popular demand". Maybe there will be one containing Liquid Gold again?
Popular demand... Probably the Auto Delivery sets that people cancelled and they are now over stocked.

i wish they would have bigger tsv's with lots of items. i like practically everything alpha h does. masks scrubs liquid gold serums. this are a fantastic range for those that find decleor elemis clarins makes them break out as the essential oils cause reactions on thier skin

They seem to put only the core products in a TSV, but once I remember they used to put a brand new product as in introduction in a TSV format, like the other A-H eye cream 20 ml, not the gel one, and once they put the papaya powder cleanser that I regretted not getting. They later sold this powder at around £30 but I never got to try it. I wish it were in a TSV again and on AD, but no more eye gel or balancing cleanser as I have four of each from the most resent TSV in February. If anyone is interested in either I'm happy to exchange either (one unit) for one Laura Geller Lavender highlighter from the most resent TSV if anyone's got a surplus. The eye gel is 15 ml pump and the cleanser is 200 tub, brand new. I also have a lot of LG spackle 60 ml tub from various TSVs as I don't use it, so can exchange it too for the Lavender highlighter.

Concerning the daily exfoliant you are mentioning: I bought it off ebay for a fraction of the original price. By the way, it is very similar to the daily microfoliant from Dermalogica or the Kanebo's Sensai enzyme peeling powder (which ist a peeling to be used once or twice a week, not on a daily basis).

Thanks Ani, good to know of any alternative products, checked their respective RRP, not cheap, but as you said worse checking on ebay.

Funnily enough the only thing that I have from the Alpha H range is a small 12g pot of the gentle daily exfoliant with papaya and pineapple which i bought on ebay. I cannot use it everyday perhaps twice a week. I now mix it with Palmers cocoa butter formula to make it less harsh.

Ellaaa, does this cleanser remove/dissolve the dead skin sells like the Triple Action does?

Hmm, have to say I've no idea! It doesn't claim to do so, but for me my skin look and feels just as good/better with it.

Hmm, have to say I've no idea! It doesn't claim to do so, but for me my skin look and feels just as good/better with it.

Ive not used the Triple action cleanser for years so cant comment how this compares , however this Clean and Clear cleanser contains salicylic acid , from my research , that ingredient is more effective it it stays on your skin for longer , so ive been leaving this cleanser on my face for a few minutes before rinsing and so far im very impressed with it.

Thanks Ani, good to know of any alternative products, checked their respective RRP, not cheap, but as you said worse checking on ebay.

There are many "powder products" on the market and to be honest-they are all quite the same. I own various of them and imhothere is not much of a difference between them, mostly they are peelings which have to be used once or twice a week, only a few are meant to used on a daily basis.

Funnily enough the only thing that I have from the Alpha H range is a small 12g pot of the gentle daily exfoliant with papaya and pineapple which i bought on ebay. I cannot use it everyday perhaps twice a week. I now mix it with Palmers cocoa butter formula to make it less harsh.

Yes, I also use these "daily" products once or twice a week because if I used them every day, my skin would freak out.

Ive not used the Triple action cleanser for years so cant comment how this compares , however this Clean and Clear cleanser contains salicylic acid , from my research , that ingredient is more effective it it stays on your skin for longer , so ive been leaving this cleanser on my face for a few minutes before rinsing and so far im very impressed with it.

Yes I think it's the salicylic acid making the difference too. I wish Alpha H did a cleanser or moisturiser with it in. Having said that if I can find something that works with salicylic acid in for a fiver then I wouldn't spend £20 on alpha h's!

Salicylic acid may be drying on the skin and may cause some peeling (probably not in a cleanser) and is used mostly in acne products for younger skins

I'm 29, would hope I still qualify as a younger skin! :wink:
Follow it with a good moisturiser that's right for your skin type and no problems, the mistake made with salicylic acid is getting the right percentage and pH, and applying the right quantity in ratio to what else you put on your skin.

Latest posts

Back