Alpha H Anniversary Shows

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The anniversary kit seems expensive to me. Or am I wrong?

Is this the £49 kit? I looked up the items and found two of them at £51 each, so it does look good value (assuming I've got the right kit in mind).

I'm new to AH but tried the last TSV and have liked the results. My skin is less oily and pores clearer so I've decided to dip my toe into other products. I ordered this kit as I thought it would slot into the AH routine I'm already in.

Any hints or tips gratefully received!

The anniversary kit seems expensive to me. Or am I wrong?

not really as the following are at the prices on the Q website & others

1 x Liquid Gold Intensive Night Repair Serum (50ml) £44.10 + £3.95
1 x Liquid Gold Rejuvenating Cream (50ml) £51 + post (elsewhere)
1 x Liquid Gold (50ml) £15.50 + post

so thats at least £110 worth in it for that price

i remember when michelle started alpha h the prices would be affordable i just dont understand the price hikes. its not warranted

That's what threw me Boffy. Creeping up to over £50. That would be unheard of for Alpha H.

I love listening to Michelle, even though I know the products inside out (Alpha H junkie right here!) she always has something interesting to say. Tom is great also, would love a facial from him!

I love listening to Michelle, even though I know the products inside out (Alpha H junkie right here!) she always has something interesting to say. Tom is great also, would love a facial from him!

Ellaaa - what products would you suggest for a 49 yr old man with bad sun damage (and parents with badly wrinkled skin due to sun worshipping), and a woman the same age with fairly good skin that's very oily in the t-zone, dry everywhere else and also has a few sun spots and losing firmness (no wrinkles as yet, but lines starting to deepen around the eyes)? We're both using AH LG, but I'm having a hell of a job getting him to use sunscreen!

TIA

Ellaaa - what products would you suggest for a 49 yr old man with bad sun damage (and parents with badly wrinkled skin due to sun worshipping), and a woman the same age with fairly good skin that's very oily in the t-zone, dry everywhere else and also has a few sun spots and losing firmness (no wrinkles as yet, but lines starting to deepen around the eyes)? We're both using AH LG, but I'm having a hell of a job getting him to use sunscreen!

TIA
Hi alter ego! Hope I can help, there are a few other Alpha H-aholics on here too who many have some thoughts.

My first bit of advice would be spf, spf, spf! If you're using Liquid Gold you MUST use spf every day, whether the sun is out or not! UVA rays penetrate through clouds. Glycolic acid increases sun sensitivity as it resurfaces the skin, so you are at a much higher risk of sun damage. The Daily Moisturiser contains SPF and is excellent, not at all like putting a claggy suncream on. (ultrasun's face cream does the same job if you wanted an alternative to suggest to the man in your life)
In terms of oily t-zone and dry elsewhere, the Balancing Cleanser sounds like the cleanser to reach for, does what it says on the tin! Controls oily areas without drying out dry patches. At night, the Age Delay anti wrinkle cream would be of benefit as it resurfaces the skin and minimises pigmentation from sun damage, whilst providing good moisturisation.

They do lots of additional products such as exfoliators, serums and vitamins, but starting with the right cleanser and moisturiser is a good starting point for the range.

Check out their consultation card on their website http://www.alpha-h.com/Your-Skin/New-document/Consultation-Card.aspx
You can enter your skin type and concerns and they'll get back to you with personalised recommendations :)

Last edited:
Alter ego, I'd like to answer the sun damage question as I started using the liquid laser concentrate and saw firming of the skin in a week and sun damage lines filling in. I was initially disappointed as was expecting an overnight result but it does work beautifully, I don't think Michelle was wrong comparing it with the laser treatment.BTW, they are doing a Q&A this hour, you need to email AY and Michelle and Tom answering questions, through Will, I guess that he will be doing the typing :)

Is this the £49 kit? I looked up the items and found two of them at £51 each, so it does look good value (assuming I've got the right kit in mind).

I'm new to AH but tried the last TSV and have liked the results. My skin is less oily and pores clearer so I've decided to dip my toe into other products. I ordered this kit as I thought it would slot into the AH routine I'm already in.

Any hints or tips gratefully received!

If you find using the serum and moisturiser together too heavy or too intense (they both contain glycolic acid), you can use both on their own or use a non-glycolic moisturiser over the serum (as it was originally intended ie the Essential Hydration Cream over the serum). I prefer to use the serum on it's own. It's also got a sticky texture, which I don't like but the ingredients in the product make that worth putting up with. However you use it, you should get a great result. I have tried all the products in the kit and think they are all great.

I agree with Ellaaa on the Age Delay night cream, my skin looked transformed after the first use, I grabbed the duo when saw the details posted on this forum. I also got the anniversary kit and the liquid laser concentrate and shall be waiting patiently for Michelle to launch the laser kit in the UK. I can't resist good value for money if offered by a brand that I like. The total of my bill is shocking, having said this I will be keeping an eye on any oto's just to make sure that I'm not missing on anything

Reading people on here waxing lyrical about alpha h and obviously getting great results but I am so confused now! Am I not right in thinking that the whole range is for acne, oily and damaged skins? It wouldn't work on a sensitive, mostly dry with not much skin damage would it?! I have got dehydration lines and enlarged pores on nose area but no wrinkles yet (though it's only a matter of time!) I am on meds though which don't help it! Thanks for any advice :)

If you find using the serum and moisturiser together too heavy or too intense (they both contain glycolic acid), you can use both on their own or use a non-glycolic moisturiser over the serum (as it was originally intended ie the Essential Hydration Cream over the serum). I prefer to use the serum on it's own. It's also got a sticky texture, which I don't like but the ingredients in the product make that worth putting up with. However you use it, you should get a great result. I have tried all the products in the kit and think they are all great.

i dont understand why quite simple ingredients make for a moisturiser costing over £50.00 alpha h are having a laugh

i dont understand why quite simple ingredients make for a moisturiser costing over £50.00 alpha h are having a laugh
No idea, perhaps the process of making is expensive? Or may be the research, Michelle mentioned she went to the top dermatologists' conference (in Italy?) two weeks ago. And she has to fly I wonder if qvc foot the bill when people travel to present a show.
I have no idea about the cost of the ingredients but some of them sound impressive, the peptides, matryxcil 6, immortal jelly fish something (made in the lab, not from the fish) and there was also an ingredient mentioned that is used in Strivectin, something derived from niacin, the vitamin B3. They may be cheap though but the products work perhaps we're are charged for the effectiveness.

Reading people on here waxing lyrical about alpha h and obviously getting great results but I am so confused now! Am I not right in thinking that the whole range is for acne, oily and damaged skins? It wouldn't work on a sensitive, mostly dry with not much skin damage would it?! I have got dehydration lines and enlarged pores on nose area but no wrinkles yet (though it's only a matter of time!) I am on meds though which don't help it! Thanks for any advice :)

Actually, Glycolic Acid (as used in the most active of AH products) is best for sun-damaged, thickened and dry skin, although it will still have benefits for those with blemish prone skin as it will help keep pores clear. However, it is not suited to use on very sensitive skin.

I always wait for special offers or good value sets as single item prices are expensive. However, they are very effective and to me worth what I pay for them.

Heres the One Time Only .....

Alpha-H 3 Piece Everyday Essentials Collection

QVC Price: £48.50
One Time Only Price :£39.84
P&P: £4.95
http://www.qvcuk.com/Alpha-H-3-Piec...ml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-25-_-207216

A fantastic set from Alpha-H containing three of its much-loved products - the Balancing Cleanser, the Absolute Eye Complex and the Daily Essential Moisturiser with SPF50+. Designed to provide your skin with radiance and long-lasting anti-ageing results; these three products work together wonderfully to improve the appearance of your complexion.

Contains:
1 x Absolute Eye Complex (15ml) - a light gel serum which helps reduce the appearance of puffiness and dark circles whilst hydrating the entire orbital area
1 x Balancing Cleanser (200ml) - a unique three-in-one product which gently cleanses and softens the skin while effectively removing all traces of make-up
1 x Daily Essential Moisturiser SPF50+ (50ml) - contains a combination of five high protection filters and skin preserving antioxidants, which breaks new ground in UV protection by being super light, touch-dry, non-whitening and suitable for all skin types from dry through to oily and sensitive

Thank you, Both.

I'm using the Balancing cleanser at the mo. Very effective, but I don't know if I can re-purchase as I'm loving Elemis's cleansing balm. I'm really bad at not using products that I'm not loving the texture and smell of (yeah, I know - skincare's a bit like dieting. You have to keep at it even if you don't like it or the results will speak for themselves!).

I also like the eye cream that came with the cleanser and LG in the last TSV. The bl**dy pump is a total PITA though. If I rest the tube upside down, the cream shoots out - enough to cover my sizeable backside as well as my eye area! If it's rested on the side I have to remove the top. With all the bad reviews about the packaging, you'd think they'd do something about it.

I ordered the kit this morning - should I order the Age Delay instead?

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back