alisons youngs little white lies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah...i too have given up on watching her shows - I used to be so in awe of her :eek: - at all of her knowledge blah blah blah...but after a few years you see through it - I also noticed long ago that she was NEVER on any Liz Earle shows and wondered why (if she is so "impartial")....although that has changed in the last year or so.....

I used to fall for all the hype (amazing mil for mil value etc etc.....) and would also fall for her spiel about the pitfalls of using inferior high street chemist/supermarket brands but that probably says more about me being gullible!

anyway, I've discovered the cheap Aldi moisturiser and am sticking with that for now :)

AY is like most childless women of her age. Very self absorbed. I have nothing against people deciding not to have children at all but have noticed that many women like her are clinging to their 20s and are completely self absorbed. Alison, seems genuinely out of touch with her audience. As do many other presenters on qvc to me. I can`t afford to change my Northern nights 3 times a week ! I could never afford the energy bills and powder and its only me in the bed and i don`t wee the bed lol.

Another lady, her name escapes me now but she presents and is thin and always has a cough !, she always says "at that price, i would get one in each colour as you can afford to " err :rolleyes: I cant. Are QVC catering for people who are really well off or Mr and Mrs Average ?

Golden rules of QVC - if it comes in more than one colour - you need them all, if it comes in more than one size then get the size you want, but if that is sold out the other sizes are snug/roomy anyway. All things should be bought in threes - one for handbag, one for glovebox (please ask bus driver for use of his if that is your usual mode of transport) and one for teacher (even if no kids, or kids are in their thirties and have no kids of their own) and REMEMBER if all else fails you can give things away - to people you don't know...

We,ve heard it all guys and gals!

Golden rules of QVC - if it comes in more than one colour - you need them all, if it comes in more than one size then get the size you want, but if that is sold out the other sizes are snug/roomy anyway. All things should be bought in threes - one for handbag, one for glovebox (please ask bus driver for use of his if that is your usual mode of transport) and one for teacher (even if no kids, or kids are in their thirties and have no kids of their own) and REMEMBER if all else fails you can give things away - to people you don't know...

hahahahahahahahahah - well said!!
:):):):):):):):):):):)

Alison Youngs opinions are about as reliable as Davina McCalls

ok whilst i am in rant mode about allison, i wanna know, why is it if all the fabulous eye creams she flogs work wonders on bags puffiness and dark circles why doesnt she use the, and while she is at it leave some in julia roberts dressing room :mad:

i am a mug with eyebags big enough to hold a years supply of tsv's in, and not one of the crappy eye cream have worked. when i hear allison singing the praises of gail hayman stuff i could spit boiled blood :D

Julia at least has admitted to always having eyebags (her problem area as she says) so not sure the creams would help much.

Thats sooo funny:D:D:D:D

I was just watching Charlie with Murano. He was saying that we all have these cocktail parties to attend and lots of parties coming up in the next few months etc. Im starting to feel abnormal :( I dont have any cocktail parties to attend or any others coming up in the next few months so maybe i wont need to buy Murano glass now :rolleyes::p

If these wonderful lotions and potions are so good,I would expect that the sales personel from Decleor,Gatineau ,Elemis etc would look wonderful ,with flawless dewy plump skin and look a decade younger than they are....and they don't,none of them do.
The Decleor lady I believe is mid to late 30's but looks older.
Alison Young needs Gok's help.She is trapped in her 80's look and needs to get a bit more "on trend" as they say.
I don't really listen to her anymore and the twaddle she spouts,I don't belive her patter..never have!!

Agree with you both - AY seems to be getting much worse of late. She is biased towards certain brands such as Decleor and comes across in quite a derogatory fashion towards brands like Liz Earle.

My jaw nearly fell onto the floor yesterday when she was presenting items from the Urban Retreat range from Harrods. She was giving her usual spiel 'for sophisticated skincare users', 'high levels of natural ingredients' etc etc etc and then threw in the fact that one of the people involved with the brand Roja Dove sells bottles of his own perfume for £250,000 a bottle....:eek: and she used this as a reason or people to buy into the range....

If all the lotions and potions she markets worked properly she wouldn't have those suitcases under her eyes either...

I'll stick to my reasonably priced moisturiser and facewash thanks...

SUITCASES!! I love it! lol

I can't wait for HDTV to come out on QVC. Then we will see what everyone's skin REALLY looks like :eek::D:D

I was watching a show a few weeks ago with AY and some makeup artist from US selling her brand (can't remember what it was called). But - she was every now and again turning to Ali and putting on a little bit of makeup on her and you could see AY just gritting her teeth and trying to be jovial but obviously the camera needed to see what the makeup looked like so they started to close up to AY's face and she looked very angry and shouted 'No close ups'. Whoe does she think she is??? If all her skincare advice worked you would think she would want us to see the result of her personal regime as a selling tool. BUT I know why she didn't want is to see - 'cos she has wrinkles - just like me!! I am delighted. The camera had already grabbed the shot before it ulled back and you could see wrinkles radiating out around and under her eyes. :eek:

AY is like most childless women of her age. Very self absorbed

What utter and complete b*llocks.

I am gobsmacked to see such a generalisation about women without children. Perhaps before you judge you should consider those who would give their right arm for children and have not been blessed, then you should consider how hurtful a throw away remark like this can be :mad:

so they started to close up to AY's face and she looked very angry and shouted 'No close ups'. Whoe does she think she is??? If all her skincare advice worked you would think she would want us to see the result of her personal regime as a selling tool. BUT I know why she didn't want is to see - 'cos she has wrinkles - just like me!! I am delighted. The camera had already grabbed the shot before it ulled back and you could see wrinkles radiating out around and under her eyes. :eek:

i posted about this at the time MrsD so i am pleased it wasnt only me who noticed.

she is no advert for her own lame sales patter.

i used to think she was funny in a bitchy kind of way i cant stand her now.

What utter and complete b*llocks.

I am gobsmacked to see such a generalisation about women without children. Perhaps before you judge you should consider those who would give their right arm for children and have not been blessed, then you should consider how hurtful a throw away remark like this can be :mad:

Couldn't agree more what a horrible statement to make.

Me too very hurtful we tried for years for children but are still childless and nowwe are too old please be carefl of throw away remarks

I'm one of those childless self-absorbed 40 year old women as well.

I think you should all calm down and give pinkearplugs a chance. She was referring to women who have CHOSEN not to have children for fear of ruining their lives, careers, figures and homes. I know a few of those and they ARE prime cows! Her remark had absolutely nothing to do with the unfortunate ones who can't have children for whatever reason.

Please - I really don't need to calm down. Perfectly calm just don't like comments that aren't clear in their meaning.

Pinkearplugs is entitled to her opinion but maybe she should have clarified that she meant those who choose not to have children. If those women want to concentrate on a career, have a posh home and a fab figure (again not confined to women without children) my sister is has a daughter and is a babe :) then that's up to them.

So I beleive it's still a sweeping generalisation - self-absorbed is not confined to those women who choose not to have children.

Being without children (just to rub it in) but despite having other family commitments I am expected to come last in the line when booking holidays from work, leaving early (oh if only!) and taking time off over Christmas and New Year - why?!

I know people who choose to have kids and are lucky enough to have them, those who can't and those who choose not too - I would say the selfish, bitchy personailities are equally spread amongst them as are the lovely peeps too regardless of their with or without child status.

Last edited:
I think you should all calm down and give pinkearplugs a chance. She was referring to women who have CHOSEN not to have children for fear of ruining their lives, careers, figures and homes. I know a few of those and they ARE prime cows! Her remark had absolutely nothing to do with the unfortunate ones who can't have children for whatever reason.

You may well be right, but the remark as it was made was a complete generalisation and one that was extremely hurtful to some people. I wish people would think more carefully before just chucking out comments like that. I wonder how many more people who have read it have been upset by it :(

Very well said Lady Tia the amount of times I've been expected to do overtime because I have nothing better to because I've no children does wind me up some people you have nothing better to do. I would dearly love to have children but at the mo it has never happened, its mad to say that only women without children are right bitches. People can be nasty no matter what their child status is.

I am 35 and have chosen not to have children, not to protect my career, figure or home, just because I haven't felt the urge (not sure if that's the correct word) to have them. I don't feel that I should have children just because I should but because I can't imagine my life without them, which at the moment I don't.

I don't, however, think that makes me self absorbed or selfish. I have 2 neices who I love to bits and stay with me regularly.

Just because some women choose not to have children they are not all self absorbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back