Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think the 'slap in the face' comment is meant to be tongue in cheek, probably because AY herself is well known for giving the odd guest a wallop and to 'joke' about kicking them in the shins if they don't bring the products she wants!

Harsh? Maybe but anyone who puts themselves in the publci eye is opening themselves up to criticism and we're all entitled to our opinion. I've often said that QVC should have a viewer panel (one not made up of sycophants) who can discuss these things and give an honest opinion.

She clearly doesn't always get it right, and maybe she's contractually obliged to wear the hair piece thingamajig but the strength of feeling she elicits suggests maybe some people are watching too much Q.

She didnt have the silly hair piece on last nite and her hair looked alot better, lets hope Will passes the msg on if he dares that it looked stupid

She clearly doesn't always get it right, and maybe she's contractually obliged to wear the hair piece thingamajig but the strength of feeling she elicits suggests maybe some people are watching too much Q.

It's not a case of watching too much Q,if you like beauty shows then most of the time you have no choice but to listen to AY,I always enjoy the shows better when anyone else is presenting.
Lynn

Definitely not a case of too much Q for me, I'm in Australia and we don't have it at all! But i've watched enough shows over the years to know what AY is like and I was watching long enough before I left the UK to know she had gotten much worse!

As for her being obliged to wear the hair piece, the only time the other presenters wear one is if Ken P is on air with them.

Oh, JF and Chuntly look great with their ones. Poor AY looks like she has stuffed a shiny mop head on.

AY doesn't always look her best whether she is wearing the "syrup" or not. I appreciate she has a thyroid problem and acknowledge it must be difficult to deal with this. Saying that, if she was working in a top store as a beauty consultant I am sure someone would have a quiet word in her ear about her unkempt appearance.

Sounds like SJ and SJ's mum form Bareminerals are to blame for alot of AY's fashion. Apprently they are always getting dresses for her. Weird how SJ always looks great thou. mayb its payback for slapping Lee last year :giggle:

Sounds like SJ and SJ's mum form Bareminerals are to blame for alot of AY's fashion. Apprently they are always getting dresses for her. Weird how SJ always looks great thou. mayb its payback for slapping Lee last year :giggle:

Are they car booters - or am I just being mean? (Sorry I am joking, but couldn't resist!)

I like SJ but I don't think she looks great in what she wears a lot of the time either.

So AY does not know her age???? Really???? I have to ask my brother she said, its either 47 or 48???? But then said she thought she was 49 next birthday.

This was with John Barrowman who openly said he was 46, no hedging etc like AY.

I think age is irrelevant when it comes to selling beauty products. My local Debenhams has a woman on one of their counters who must be into her 60`s but she`s elegant, classically dressed, even though her hair is grey is she has it beautifully styled and she just oozes class from the tip of her shoes to her beautifully but modestly made up face. I don`t use the brand she sells ( Estee Lauder ) but many a time I see women of all ages waiting to speak to her and be served by her and she seems to know her stuff because whenever I see a customer in the chair having her face done, its nearly always her who does it. AY needs to tone down her voice, get her clothes sorted, listen as well as talk, become more well versed in the latest information and generally become more professional.

Maybe AY was thinking she had a chance with Barrowman....not just current skincare trends she's out of touch with!

Vienna's post about the lovely EL lady in her local Debenhams is interesting. I have always said that the person presenting a brand, any brand, has to inspire you to want to try it. Be it on Qvc or on store counters. I like to look around the beauty halls in the big department stores and do sometimes wonder how some counter staff have managed to get jobs there. It seems to be anyone that can trowel on the most make up, although some are really nice and do know their stuff.
AY does not inspire me in the slightest, nor Keeley or Andrew. Interesting also is that Fiona was reported on here as looking great at the beauty bash, she is a good advert for her brand then. I don't think Emma Hardie's skin is all that great considering her self confessed obsession with skincare.

Latest posts

Back