Ali Youngs hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We've all had hair disasters and bad hair days, it just makes her more human to me. If you can laugh about it, which it looks like she did, then all the better :)

We've all had hair disasters and bad hair days, it just makes her more human to me. If you can laugh about it, which it looks like she did, then all the better :)

Phew! Good job she's not a resident "beauty expert" where beauty and looking good is paramount in the beauty industry, not to mention she needs to be seen to practice what she preaches......................oh wait!

Bois Bear, and do remember her posting this when AY actually said it live on air. That she did not need these thickening products now, so she is saying she is now better. And you do say can, and its not a definite. So let us be honest now. AY is a middle aged woman who is just no doubt going through menopause(she is nearly 50), has middle aged weight gain and she has eye bags. Perhaps like many she still sees herself in the 30s or 40s and unfortunately dresses as she imagines she looks like not how she actually looks.

It means she is on medication, thyroxine, which helps. I have had an underactive thyr for 25 years and my hair was like straw and filling the bath and brush. I have a fab head of hair now, well recovered.

But Loveinamist, she had the thyroid problem for a good five years. She must have been on the throxine all along, so why all of a sudden after such a long time is she suddenly looking thinner(I will say she is now a 14/16 and much heavier before), and have thicker hair? I have an overactive thyroid, which is now heading towards underactive and the hospital had it nailed very quickly. It didn't take nearly five years to get it right.

no way is alison younga 14/16 marverine cole is a 16 and 5'7. lets be very honest you dont have to be a beauty to sell beauty products. you dont have to be fit and have perfect health either. alison young looks good enough imo and is far better looking in reality than on tv. i think she did her hair in that style for fun and it was funny.

There seem to be 2 schools of thought in this thread and I'm in the middle. I think Alison Young did her hair that way to have a laugh at herself as much as anything and good on her for being able to do so. But - and it is a big but - she is also the resident beauty expert and as such, that should outweigh everything else. As long as she's paid to do a job which is to sell a product and not to have a laugh at a product by making herself look ridiculous primarily, that is exactly what she should be doing, selling the best features of that product. I mean, for crying out loud, who would want to buy the poodle look?

no way is alison younga 14/16 marverine cole is a 16 and 5'7. lets be very honest you dont have to be a beauty to sell beauty products. you dont have to be fit and have perfect health either. alison young looks good enough imo and is far better looking in reality than on tv. i think she did her hair in that style for fun and it was funny.

That's right you don't have to be a beauty to sell beauty products, but it's a shallow industry and they pay beautiful people to sell them. Supermodels are paid to sell skin care/make-up and walk in to any department store and you'll see the woman behind the counters are always beautiful, none of them seem to have been hit by the ugly stick. Most people wouldn't buy skin care off a woman with a face full of spots so yes, unfortunately in a shallow industry based on beauty they want beautiful people to sell their products.

I've added..... I also think AY did her hair like that because she liked it, no one would knowingly stand there in front of the Nation for an hour looking foolish and if she did that's very disrespectful to the guest.

Last edited:
That's right you don't have to be a beauty to sell beauty products, but it's a shallow industry and they pay beautiful people to sell them. Supermodels are paid to sell skin care/make-up and walk in to any department store and you'll see the woman behind the counters are always beautiful, none of them seem to have been hit by the ugly stick. Most people wouldn't buy skin care off a woman with a face full of spots so yes, unfortunately in a shallow industry based on beauty they want beautiful people to sell their products.

I've added..... I also think AY did her hair like that because she liked it, no one would knowingly stand there in front of the Nation for an hour looking foolish and if she did that's very disrespectful to the guest.

i go in many department stores and not everyone is beautiful with flawless skin. some look great some dont. supermodels are paid high incomes because they are a very rare breed. on qvc we see models in nearly all the shows some look good on tv but most if not all look far more stunning in reality.the plus models in a size 16/18 and 5'10 in bare feet look far trimmer and in proportion if you see them on the street.

in relation to the hair product some would say its a funky look and buy is. some would say no way would they buy it as its not for them. i dont think its disrespectful to the guest as even though most of us dont like the product its making us talk about it. in some advertising circles that would be a major plus alison has made people laugh, buy and talk about this item. job done!

Latest posts

Back