Ali Youngs hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Severe thyroiditis can leave one with a permanently damaged and underactive thyroid gland, which would account for her weight gain. Being a lady who has taken extreme care of her appearance, I am pretty darn sure she is not carrying that extra weight through choice or idleness!
She has mentioned her ongoing thyroid issues recently when demonstrating some skincare product or other, I heard it myself.

Yes, I've heard her talking about this too. She's taken to cutting out cakey-bready carbs I think, and got some benefit from it. She appears to lead a very active hard-working life away from QVC training her horses, so I gree it's doubtful she's idle. I suspect she dresses to disguise what she perceives as her less attractive features (she's referred to her arms as beefy before now) - but clearly isn't gifted in the clothes-shopping stakes.

alison is tiny

Yes, I agree - very petite. I met (and towered over) her at Beauty Bash 2014. The TV cameras are quite cruel to her, unfortunately. She has beautiful hands.

Severe thyroiditis can leave one with a permanently damaged and underactive thyroid gland, which would account for her weight gain. Being a lady who has taken extreme care of her appearance, I am pretty darn sure she is not carrying that extra weight through choice or idleness!
She has mentioned her ongoing thyroid issues recently when demonstrating some skincare product or other, I heard it myself.

I have had an under active thyroid (hyperthyroidism) for about ten years now, I'm on 200mg of thyroxine a day. I don't have lank hair, my skin is good, I'm not the size of Kate Moss but not huge either, I'm also not a "resident beauty expert" with access to the best either. So you can't put everything down to hyperthyroidism.

I have had an under active thyroid (hyperthyroidism) for about ten years now, I'm on 200mg of thyroxine a day. I don't have lank hair, my skin is good, I'm not the size of Kate Moss but not huge either, I'm also not a "resident beauty expert" with access to the best either. So you can't put everything down to hyperthyroidism.

Every illness will affect different people differently, surely?

I'm pleased for you. But just to correct you slightly, an underactive thyroid called is Hypo-thyroidism. Hyper-thyroidism is an over active thyroid.
As with everything, there are degrees of illness, and everyone will be affected differently, particularly with endocrine disorders - hormone levels are notoriously difficult to correct when they go awry.

I'm pleased for you. But just to correct you slightly, an underactive thyroid called is Hypo-thyroidism. Hyper-thyroidism is an over active thyroid.
As with everything, there are degrees of illness, and everyone will be affected differently, particularly with endocrine disorders - hormone levels are notoriously difficult to correct when they go awry.

Sorry, my mistake.......that's autocorrect for you, I didn't even notice..........must be my thyroid problem.

the only way my hair will look lovely everyday is if i wash, blowdry and finish with straigtners every day. julia has lovely hair but if she does not go to a salon it shows. kathy taylor is the same. alison has her fur babies to look after i grant her absolution

Why is it any criticism of AY always comes back to her thyroid problem.

Because it cocks everything up, mentally, physically. You can look great one day and dreadful the next. She has a terrible dress sense though, nothing to do with her thyroid there, apart from the need for comfort on bloaty days which can end up a very bad habit!

At the end of the day her thyroid problem doesn't effect her poor dress sense , badly styled hair and awful make-up.

And yes there has been times AY has looked great so it can be done with a little effort.

Imagine trying to drive a car with a faulty engine timing mechanism.
Over revving engine, overheating, guzzling fuel and not getting anywhere? That's like an overactive thyroid, symptoms also extend to Skin breakouts and excessive oiliness, hair loss, jumpy nervousness, trembling, sweating, racing heartbeat, and generally feeling like sh1te.
Conversely; engine not running fast enough? Feeling sluggish, can't shift up a gear? Welcome to the world of hypo thyroid, where you may also suffer from thickening, dryness and coarseness of hair and skin, enlarging of features such as the nose, hoarseness and deepening of voice, weight gain, and also generally feeling like sh1te.
Believe me, neither side of this is very nice, and treatment takes time and patience to get right. That's why it always goes back to her thyroid issues.
And by the way, I am no big fan of the screechy AY, but I can't criticise her for her health problems.

She mentioned her thyroid problem a while back when presenting a show with hair thickening products. She said she would have bought the product a few years ago when she had viral thyroiditis but wouldn't need it now, so I got the impression the illness was not ongoing.

I just stated what she said in that particular show, as you can see I didn't accuse her of being overweight through choice or idleness or accuse her of being overweight at all.

At the end of the day her thyroid problem doesn't effect her poor dress sense , badly styled hair and awful make-up.

And yes there has been times AY has looked great so it can be done with a little effort.

These days she looks her best on AYBNI as she is wearing a therapist uniform (with unfortunate similarity to what she wore at Ali Keenan's wedding).

My current bugbear is that teal-green off the shoulder top she's worn a few times - it looks dreadful.

She suits softer warmer colours, in my opinion similar colours to the ones Jilly Halliday normally chooses. As for her make-up... I know I harp on about it a bit, but on tv,
excessive shimmer and glow are definitely not a good look and gives her that look that's part Data, and part Tin Man. I don't think she can get herself out of the rut she's in on hair, makeup or wardrobe. But nobody seems to be able to help her.

This thread was abou AYs hair and she looked a right state even Dale tweeted she looked like a sheep.

This thread was abou AYs hair and she looked a right state even Dale tweeted she looked like a sheep.

Correct she did ...

Screenshot (261).jpg

i think she did it for a bit of fun and good on her. tv is very harsh and as i have seen her in real life she looks much prettier and slimmer. also she has a wicked sense of humour and is a nice lady to talk to.:mysmilie_3:

Bois Bear, and do remember her posting this when AY actually said it live on air. That she did not need these thickening products now, so she is saying she is now better. And you do say can, and its not a definite. So let us be honest now. AY is a middle aged woman who is just no doubt going through menopause(she is nearly 50), has middle aged weight gain and she has eye bags. Perhaps like many she still sees herself in the 30s or 40s and unfortunately dresses as she imagines she looks like not how she actually looks.

Latest posts

Back