Ali Young hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have to agree about Alison's hair, she seem to have let herself go just lately. Hope she is ok health wise...I would hope one of my friends would give me a heads-up if I looked as neglected as Ali atm.
BTW I thought Kathy T was on sabbatical.

She was supposed to be on a sabbatical as she was having knee surgery but said this morning she'd been off for 3 weeks.........not a sabbatical to me!

The problem with Alison is, she tries on every product so she can tell us about it, so in the process damage her hair.

Also, she suffers from thyroid problems which plays havoc with hair (dry and brittle ) skin (dry) and nails (brittle ) It makes the victim put weight on, making the face puffy and affects the voice .

Alison suffers from hay fever as well I think, which is bad enough and on top of that she tries beauty products such as eye products :mysmilie_488:that gives her terrible bags under her eyes.

Worst of all she has no dress sense, has she , she wears old fashioned clothes, sometimes very unsuitable, colourwise, does not make an effort with her appearance :doh:(dress wise) and the stylists at Q are useless as we know.:nod:

She is a good looking woman but she does not do herself any favours.

I like Alison, :mysmilie_847:and she gained my respect , when a while ago, she told off a guest by saying something like, " you cannot tell that to the viewers,no, it is not true, I will not have you doing that, stop it :mysmilie_865:" She was serious and not very pleased.

At that time I did not know of this forum, if I had, I would have found the video. Unfortunately I cannot even remember the product or the guest...knowing one or the other would have helped me search for the video.I think the guest was an ex QVC model .
I was so taken back :clapping:. I wonder if anyone else remembers that.

I also like the way she sells products... no hard sell, finger wagging , no brain washing, or whopping lies. She does not pretend that she LOVES the products or ONLY WEARS that product.

She tries to tell viewers about the products which is her job,( sometimes or most of the times she is so enthusiastic and keen that she butts in, overriding the guests):mysmilie_465:

The problem with Alison is, she tries on every product so she can tell us about it, so in the process damage her hair.

Also, she suffers from thyroid problems which plays havoc with hair (dry and brittle ) skin (dry) and nails (brittle ) It makes the victim put weight on, making the face puffy and affects the voice .

Alison suffers from hay fever as well I think, which is bad enough and on top of that she tries beauty products such as eye products :mysmilie_488:that gives her terrible bags under her eyes.

Worst of all she has no dress sense, has she , she wears old fashioned clothes, sometimes very unsuitable, colourwise, does not make an effort with her appearance :doh:(dress wise) and the stylists at Q are useless as we know.:nod:

She is a good looking woman but she does not do herself any favours.

I like Alison, :mysmilie_847:and she gained my respect , when a while ago, she told off a guest by saying something like, " you cannot tell that to the viewers,no, it is not true, I will not have you doing that, stop it :mysmilie_865:" She was serious and not very pleased.

At that time I did not know of this forum, if I had, I would have found the video. Unfortunately I cannot even remember the product or the guest...knowing one or the other would have helped me search for the video.I think the guest was an ex QVC model .
I was so taken back :clapping:. I wonder if anyone else remembers that.

I also like the way she sells products... no hard sell, finger wagging , no brain washing, or whopping lies. She does not pretend that she LOVES the products or ONLY WEARS that product.

She tries to tell viewers about the products which is her job,( sometimes or most of the times she is so enthusiastic and keen that she butts in, overriding the guests):mysmilie_465:

But her nails have never been anything but perfect. Never been short as in broken or split always the same length so she looks after them

Standing next to the beautiful Patricia from Taya I don't know how she has the brass neck to turn up looking like that - and then launch into her spiel about being a "beauty expert, qualified in all areas". She looks a bliddy mess. Even worse than her usual bliddy mess.

I just wish she'd get her fringe cut a bit, she puts so much mascara on that her fringe practically sticks to her eyelashes and moves up and down when she blinks, it's unbelievably distracting.

I doubt very much she is going back to her original colour. The roots are a dark grey mix and as she is only in her 50s appearing on TV as a beauty expert QVC will not be happy. Also it will look awful on her salt and pepper shiny highlighter and thick black eyeliner. People will be asking if her husband tanned with highlighted hair is her son.

sometimes her hair looks ok sometimes it has a wurzle look. i suppose we all have bad hair days.

She was supposed to be on a sabbatical as she was having knee surgery but said this morning she'd been off for 3 weeks.........not a sabbatical to me!

Kathy just said that she was back just for this week and then she would be off again....

The little I saw of Alison last night she did not look good.Guess we all have 'off days' but when you are presenting on telly & especially beauty you have to do whatever it takes to 'look the part'.I have met her in person though and she looked quite petite and very nice.

I'm at the crossroads with my hair. I'm 60 and have it coloured a soft brown with faint highlights. My hairdresser says I'm too young to go grey but I'll have to do it at some stage. Anyway my latest plan is to go on a world cruise for 6 months and grow it out anonymously !

I'm at the crossroads with my hair. I'm 60 and have it coloured a soft brown with faint highlights. My hairdresser says I'm too young to go grey but I'll have to do it at some stage. Anyway my latest plan is to go on a world cruise for 6 months and grow it out anonymously !

I am a few years younger than you, stopped colouring friends said fantastic looked great. Hairdresser like yours said I was too young and give it another 15 years to turn into a true silver all over. The back is still a dark ash blond and only the top and front have silver.

I stopped colouring mine about 3 years ago when I had a bad reaction to a brand of hair dye. The strange thing with my grey bits is they`ve come through like a Mallen streak and are more white than grey. The same thing happened to my Dad and my sister. Consequently I have a white streak at the front on both sides of my parting. I have short hair so it doesn`t look too bad.

Which hair dye did you react to Vienna?
I've heard of a few people reacting to Nice n Easy, one was a former work colleague who had to go to A&E.

i am going grey and have blue/black hair so the grey will contrast quite starkly. i have good skin not a wrinkle or line but i will go with the flow. grey looks great on most people if you wear it well

Which hair dye did you react to Vienna?
I've heard of a few people reacting to Nice n Easy, one was a former work colleague who had to go to A&E.

That was the exact same one I reacted to CG. The strange thing was I`d used it for ages but then I noticed the packaging had changed and I suspect the ingredients had too. That was about 3 years ago and I haven`t dyed my hair since. My scalp became really sore and inflamed.

My hair was naturally platinum blonde when I was younger, now at 62 it's mid to dark blonde, but I don't have any grey yet. Looks like I might be taking after my father, who died at 81 with a full head of fair hair and no grey at all.

I am 68 next and have coloured my hair for years. Blonde and caramel highlights at the moment. Mum and gran both went an awful dirty grey so am not letting it grow out yet. I am lucky that I don't have wrinkles as I have greasy skin so will keep on colouring. Have decided on going all over with golden brown next or maybe some ash blonde highlights will see what my hairdresser advises.

Latest posts

Back