alan and barry rumours

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love them or hate them, when they were doing craft on IW, there was a lot of variety in what they showed, sold and did, unlike SW etc. They also made crafting interesting. They were far superior to SW, DB etc. And more genuine in my book. The other lot are boring compared to A & B.

They might be superior to SW, but Dawn Bibby? Hardly. At least she can craft and always explains in detail what all the kits contain. I'm not a big fan of her moaning, but I do think that she's a good presenter.

Oh Noooo! The only way they are superior to SW or DB is the opinion they have of themselves. They are coarse, crude, loud and can't craft for toffee. I'm not concerned about the so called lack of variety since A&B went, I didn't get excited about ironing wax, luceting or the boring guests from Holland, and I guess most of the viewers didn't either because if it was selling it would be on air.

I guess most of the viewers didn't either because if it was selling it would be on air.

One could argue that the number of craft sales, extravaganza shows, blockbuster shows repeated ad infinitum and the latest 72 hour "event", where a lot of the time was spent flogging split kits, suggests that their present policy isn't working particularly well either. Believe me, it's no fun being caught out paying full price for something only to find it reduced a very few weeks later: and yes, people said at the time that it was just like a shop having a sale, but it's happening FAR too often now to suggest anything other than that they are being left with their tat all the time. Sorry, but the way they're suckering their craft audience makes me flaming mad.

And frankly, if SW's performance is supposed to be any more professional, albeit in a different way, then I despair.

And frankly, if SW's performance is supposed to be any more professional, albeit in a different way, then I despair.

Each to our own, however I do think SW is professional and a very good crafter. I also base this on having met both SW (charming, polite and very knowledgeable) and A&B (boorish, rude and very uncomplimentary about IW!) at craft shows I only wish she was given more time to show just how good she is. I didn't watch the A&B show live, however I did see a recording of it (I do wish to add that I didn't record). It was cringeworthy TV. Watching a clearly unhealthy, very fat man on his back with his legs in the air and tickling his own belly is not what I call entertaining or professional, it was disturbing. Neither is listening to the same man telling another fat man to "Shut yer face".

I think it's about time (for the moment anyway) to lay the DB, SW and A & B debate to rest, as I said earlier you like them or you don't. We buy some things off both QVC and IW, but buy most items from our local craft shop, they sell products from some of the smaller suppliers who don't have the money to "advertise" on TV. It might be old fashioned but we know if she sells it it must be good, has time to give demo's and answer any questions..even silly ones. I want my shop to be there long after Craft TV has maybe run it's course.
We will be going again to the Craft Show in Wrexham (just outside the city of Chester) this weekend, and later to the one in Harrogate. It's good to talk to the people who design the crafting item's, give full and informative demonstrations without pressure to buy and NO postage & packing. Yes, I know you have to pay to get in, but we treat it as a good day out.
Now standing down off my soapbox.

So can you please confirm, are they coming back or not, and is this your final answer, oops been watching toomuch Big Brother,are they ???

I think it's about time (for the moment anyway) to lay the DB, SW and A & B debate to rest, as I said earlier you like them or you don't. We buy some things off both QVC and IW, but buy most items from our local craft shop, they sell products from some of the smaller suppliers who don't have the money to "advertise" on TV. It might be old fashioned but we know if she sells it it must be good, has time to give demo's and answer any questions..even silly ones. I want my shop to be there long after Craft TV has maybe run it's course.
We will be going again to the Craft Show in Wrexham (just outside the city of Chester) this weekend, and later to the one in Harrogate. It's good to talk to the people who design the crafting item's, give full and informative demonstrations without pressure to buy and NO postage & packing. Yes, I know you have to pay to get in, but we treat it as a good day out.
Now standing down off my soapbox.
You are lucky to have a local craft shop. My town only has a craft stall on the local market

Love 'em or hate 'em, it's livened this place up - who'd've thought all this over ikkle, bikkle A&B!

I find it all abit 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other....A&B used to waffle on about camp 'shut yer gob' 'I'm better than you', 'I'm the pretty one with my blue lagoon eye's, he's the ugly admin one' but was it any worse than Stephs constant 'oo I've just got to give you an update' 'I neeed this' 'Has it got three reasons to buy it' yada, yada!.....it's still the same, just different irritations, my personal pet hate now is the ****** constant emails, I tune in to see demos not listen to sad, boring scroungers after a free card, just watch the demos and make your own FFS!

I do miss the variety...I had a soft, aswell as wet, spot for that young lad who did the circle scribe :blush:

Latest posts

Back