A'kin recommendations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dipper

Registered Shopper
Calling all A'kin experts. There is a 9.00 show tonight (which will clash horribly with Torchwood) but anyway I know nothing of this brand but it appeals to me as it seems to be paraben free. Are there any products you guys would personally recommend from the range?
Thanks folks.

The rose cleanser/toner in one is fabulous -leaves your skin feeling really soft and is gentle enough all over the eyes- I think better than C and P.
I ahve also been using the rosehip oil which has sorted out all my dry patches on my face/eyebrows.

I'm absolutely in love with the cleanser! (and so are lots of other people - check out the glowing reviews on QVC!)

I'm using the Rosehip oil on dry skin all over my body as well as patting a tiny amount into my face and neck every night before using the Rosehip and Shea moisturiser. It's too rich for daytime for me, plus with sunscreen and foundation (and make up primer as well sometimes) I feel that I already put enough layers on my face of a morning!

I use the Rose Hydrating Mist after cleansing both night and morning and it helps keep my skin really plump and dewy. I think I use less of everything else as well because it gives my skin more slip so everything glides on. (and it's been really refreshing on hot days.)

I've got a Lavender Repair Night Cream and a Lavender Facial Mist lined up in my drawer to try next, and I quite fancy trying the Cellular Radiance Serum as well.

I find using A'kin products a real pampering treat, and they compare very favourably to any products I've previously tried. (QVC and otherwise)

I think it's definitely worth the P&P to try some A'kin out. They're cheaper than lots of the other QVC ranges as well, so if you get on with them, in the long run they might even save you some money! :)

(Here endeth a broadcast by the A'kin Fanclub!) :D

I'm a big fan like you LAA&M. I think their Rose De Mai moisturiser is the best I've ever used, also recently started using their Lavender Night Cream too which is a joy to use and smells heavenly.

I also use their JoJo and Corn face scrub religiously and it's the best scrub I've ever tried in terms of being gentle but doing the job - I used to rave over LE Gentle Face Exfoliator, but having tried this I really don't rate it as much as the A'Kin one - but it's still a nice change from time to time.

I also use their Colour Care shampoos and conditioners too - and they're brilliant as well, leave your hair soft, shiny and swingy and you don't get nasty build up from the products either.

Finally I've been giving the handwashes a whirl, I think these are lovely too - the Tea Tree one, if I'm honest is slightly drying, but it really does get your hands squeaky clean - the Lemon Myrtle is beautiful and softening and smells divine.

Next on the list is the Rosehip Oil for me to try, still haven't got round to buying it - and have heard so many good things about it...

Thank you for all those recommendations. I have bought item 225 892, which will give me the chance to try the rosehip oil and the cleanser. It also includes the rose hydrating mist which sounds ideal as my skin seems to dry out very quickly. Can't wait to get them now. :)

I really rate the rose hip oil. I have been using it on and off over the last 2 years and it leaves your skin extremely hydrated.
I went for the OTO yesterday, 1 rosehip oil 1 cellular radiance oil which I have tried yet. The price was excellent, £29, which means 1 bottle was free, I couldn't resist this bargain
I haven't tried the moisturizers yet

I'm a bit late on this but I can throughly recommend the following :

Rose & geranium cleanser
Rose De Mai day cream
Lavender & Rose night cream
Cellular Radiance serum (I use it 2x a day)
Shower gels (fragranced ones)
Emergency gel
Colour care hair care.
Hand washes - I like both scents

Have used the eye night cream too which I liked and would try again at some point.

My skin can be all over the place and I think it's badly pigmented. However, I've been out without make-up on quite a bit recently (due to laziness - not something I'd normally do!) and since I've been using their face care, everyone has said how good my skin looks.

The only thing I didn't really get on with by them was the body lotion - and that was because it took forever to sink in (bit like sunblock!). It smells nice though!

I'd really like to use the face scrub. I'll have to have a look and see how much it is on all the various sites that stock A'Kin.

I'm gutted I missed that OTO - it would have been ideal for me. :( I got to watch it sell out on a recording when I came home!

Good info on the Body Lotion too - I've been wondering about trying that.

My Lavender Body wash arrived from eBay today, so I'll give that a go later on.

Since QVC CS haven't been able to confirm ingredients listings for Louise Galvin yet I'll probably go for shampoo and conditioner next I expect.

I think A'kin must be selling quite well on QVC, as AY seems more enthusiastic about the range than she was. (or that might just be my imagination!)

PS Cavegirl, I can't believe you haven't tried the Rosehip Oil yet! :D

I'm a bit late on this but I can throughly recommend the following :

Rose & geranium cleanser
Rose De Mai day cream
Lavender & Rose night cream
Cellular Radiance serum (I use it 2x a day)
Shower gels (fragranced ones)
Emergency gel
Colour care hair care.
Hand washes - I like both scents

Have used the eye night cream too which I liked and would try again at some point.

My skin can be all over the place and I think it's badly pigmented. However, I've been out without make-up on quite a bit recently (due to laziness - not something I'd normally do!) and since I've been using their face care, everyone has said how good my skin looks.

The only thing I didn't really get on with by them was the body lotion - and that was because it took forever to sink in (bit like sunblock!). It smells nice though!

Thanks for this cupcake (hope you are well).
I see you are using the a'kin day and night creams. I tried these before and discounted them becasue i wasn't sure about the textures but i would be really interested to hear what you like about them - - maybe I should try them again
Thanks x

a'kin is good. i think the rose cleanser and rose facial mist and the rosehip oil are very good, i have pigmentation problems around my eye and after using the rosehip oil it is fading. my skin is the best it has ever been after using this range for 8 months and i also need less foundation than before as my skin is in better condition. the fact it is chemical free is also a bonus.

Thanks for this cupcake (hope you are well).
I see you are using the a'kin day and night creams. I tried these before and discounted them becasue i wasn't sure about the textures but i would be really interested to hear what you like about them - - maybe I should try them again
Thanks x

Hi Lady Tia,

Yes - very well thank you - hope you are too.

I agree that the texture is quite unusual - it seems to be more of a gel cream, than a cream and the key seems to be not to use too much so it sinks in. If you feel you haven't used enough 1st time around, you can always pop more on afterwards. At first, I wasn't sure if they were hydrating enough for my skin but I persevered after you said you were going to try something out for 3 months before discounting it and the more I use them, the better my skin has got (IMO) - I think I've been using them night and day for 7-8 weeks now. I dunno, maybe my skin has started to work for itself now, rather than letting something work for it (before I used to use heavier creams).

I prefer the Rose De Mai to the Lavender & Rose so sometimes I use Rose De Mai at night! I think they are particularly good when it's hot as they are light and your skin feels like its breathing, not clogged in gunk. My t-zone has definitely calmed down at any rate. I also like the fact that they are so natural - since using these the redness around my nose has more or less gone.

Will have to see if they are going to be moisturising enough for me in the winter though - I can get quite dehydrated/dry on my cheeks then so may have to stick to one A'kin moisturiser and use another one as well (say at LE Superskin at night).

Anyway, hope that answers your question in a round about manner!
xx

I can only echo what cupcake has said, and totally agree with her. I'm actually on my fourth pot of the Rose De Mai now - at first I didn't think the texture was right, and thought it wouldn't be hydrating enough, but it is, it sinks in beautifully - no greasy residue and keeps my t-zone oil free all day. Even when I wash my make up away at night, skin doesn't feel tight or dry. My own personal experience is that it's fine for me in Winter too - I might just apply a smidge more than usual, but it still does the trick. It is also a great base for make up.

I'm not sure if you're allowed mention this on here but I've been buying A'kin at my local health food shop and the prices are comparable to QVC but of course without the P&P! Not so much the kits but certainly I can get the cleanser seperately for just under £13 and so have been buying this seperatley and 'topping up' with kits from QVC when I run out of the rosehip oil etc.

They had a fab kit on recently, a little pink bag containing the rosehip oil, a mini cleanser and a gorgeous moisturiser all for £18!! I'm mad now I didn't buy two of them as it sold out but the moisturiser is absoltuely gorgeous. It says for dry to very dry skin so i was worried it would break me out but it's so rich and feels just like shea butter so it melts into my skin and it has really helped my skin this summer.

Couldn't recommend A'kin highly enough, everything I've tried so far I've loved and value wise i think it blows LE out of the water while being even more natural (if you look at LE in the Green Beauty Bible it's not as entirely natural as they make out, I believe A'kin actually is).

Tx

I am loving all these personal recommendations. It's hard to come by what real people think as A'kin don't seem to get the queues of T callers that other brand shows are full of. (Too many, sometimes)

There's not a massive amount of reviews on QVC or Makeupalley either. (Note to self, do A'kin reviews!)

I have a whole list of things I want to try from the range now, and I'm champing at the bit for new products! I can't see any QVC shows looming on the horizon so I'll have a surf of the net (and look inthe local health food stores) to see what's out there.

my OTO arrived yesterday, well chuffed, 2 bottles for £21...
You can buy Akin in Nutricentre shops or order online from www.mypure.co.uk, they have regular special offers

Can thorougly recommend Mypure - I get most of my stuff from there. Earlier in the year, I got a minty smelling Rose & Geranium cleanser. Turns out there had been a dodgy batch and they replaced it straight away and said I didn't have to send the dodgy one back. Great customer service!

My OTO arrived today too! Yay!!

I am loving all these personal recommendations. It's hard to come by what real people think as A'kin don't seem to get the queues of T callers that other brand shows are full of. (Too many, sometimes)

There's not a massive amount of reviews on QVC or Makeupalley either. (Note to self, do A'kin reviews!)

I have a whole list of things I want to try from the range now, and I'm champing at the bit for new products! I can't see any QVC shows looming on the horizon so I'll have a surf of the net (and look inthe local health food stores) to see what's out there.

According to their website - http://uk.purist.com/index.php - they should be on QVC again on 22nd September.

Hi Lady Tia,

Yes - very well thank you - hope you are too.

I agree that the texture is quite unusual - it seems to be more of a gel cream, than a cream and the key seems to be not to use too much so it sinks in. If you feel you haven't used enough 1st time around, you can always pop more on afterwards. At first, I wasn't sure if they were hydrating enough for my skin but I persevered after you said you were going to try something out for 3 months before discounting it and the more I use them, the better my skin has got (IMO) - I think I've been using them night and day for 7-8 weeks now. I dunno, maybe my skin has started to work for itself now, rather than letting something work for it (before I used to use heavier creams).

I prefer the Rose De Mai to the Lavender & Rose so sometimes I use Rose De Mai at night! I think they are particularly good when it's hot as they are light and your skin feels like its breathing, not clogged in gunk. My t-zone has definitely calmed down at any rate. I also like the fact that they are so natural - since using these the redness around my nose has more or less gone.

Will have to see if they are going to be moisturising enough for me in the winter though - I can get quite dehydrated/dry on my cheeks then so may have to stick to one A'kin moisturiser and use another one as well (say at LE Superskin at night).

Anyway, hope that answers your question in a round about manner!
xx

Hiya cupcake - I'm good thanks. THanks for the great review of the a'kin creams. I'm glad you are getting good results from them - I never thought about applying another layer if a cream doesn't feel rich enough. Mmmm a shop near me has the two for one offer still on and I'm quite tempted. I'm still on superskin - 4 weeks in now and enjoying it but gave up on c+p as I think my skin was becoming sesnsitive to it - the effects must build up over a few weeks or something so I'm never going to go down that route again.

Might try the a'kin cleanser again - I definitely had one of the dodgy mint ones but as I recall it normally semlls beautiful and rosey.

Thanks again xxx

Hiya cupcake - I'm good thanks. THanks for the great review of the a'kin creams. I'm glad you are getting good results from them - I never thought about applying another layer if a cream doesn't feel rich enough. Mmmm a shop near me has the two for one offer still on and I'm quite tempted. I'm still on superskin - 4 weeks in now and enjoying it but gave up on c+p as I think my skin was becoming sesnsitive to it - the effects must build up over a few weeks or something so I'm never going to go down that route again.

Might try the a'kin cleanser again - I definitely had one of the dodgy mint ones but as I recall it normally semlls beautiful and rosey.

Thanks again xxx

That's great to hear you are still getting on with Superskin - I may try that in the winter (and will stick it in the fridge this time, as per recommendation in another post!). Shame about C&P. I have to say after you said you'd got on with it, I was very tempted to try it again as I have a 30ml one at home that I got sent but I resisted as it's previously brought me out in red lumps. I'd definitely recommend you try the A'kin one again if you got on with it before the minty fiasco (did you get a refund/another one from MyPure?). I use it AM and PM. At first I wondered if it would be too rich to use 2x a day but it's fine - didn't even have problems with it in Greece (where it was 35+ most days!!).

xx

Latest posts

Back