Yong Kim ?????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ingrid said once she'd met her then nodded towards DF and said, "well you have too haven't you?" and DF nodded saying "yeah, yeah" I don't really care wether she has or not, I'm just quoting what was said :mysmilie_14:

lol and all us seasoned forumites believe EVERY word DF says don`t we ?

Ingrid says in every show Y K IS a real person and claims to have met her .She emphasises the IS like she knows people don't believe it.

I think it's a trade mark. If you look at the amount of clothing being churned out ,one designer is not doing that. Most real designers work in seasons and produce things twice a year or less even,which is why they charge high prices.

According to Ingrid, the mysterious Yong Kim doesn't come over here because she doesn't like flying. If so, why haven't we seen a photo of her or she could do a phone in. Gale Hayman doesn't appear but we know she exists - doesn't she ?????

Well I believed Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny were all real at one time.
The woman who owns Comfy USA , Joyce Cho or whatever she`s called, also owns the trademark Yong Kim, so maybe Ingrid is only telling a half untruth because she`s possibly met Joyce Cho so technically she`s also met Yong Kim, if you get my drift. The name Joyce Cho also makes you think of an Asian lady as quoted by DF. The difference is Comfy USA isn`t a small designer brand as Q would like to make us believe YK is. Misleading to say the least and all to make people believe they`re buying something special.
Looking further into Comfy USA records it seems they have registered 5 trade marks as follows Jason, Yong Kim, Sun Kim, Comfy USA and another Comfy USA trade mark in another type of font which is now noted as being DEAD. So I guess we all need to meet this Jason person, YK and her mate Sun Kim !

Well I believed Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny were all real at one time.
The woman who owns Comfy USA , Joyce Cho or whatever she`s called, also owns the trademark Yong Kim, so maybe Ingrid is only telling a half untruth because she`s possibly met Joyce Cho so technically she`s also met Yong Kim, if you get my drift. The name Joyce Cho also makes you think of an Asian lady as quoted by DF. The difference is Comfy USA isn`t a small designer brand as Q would like to make us believe YK is. Misleading to say the least and all to make people believe they`re buying something special.
Looking further into Comfy USA records it seems they have registered 5 trade marks as follows Jason, Yong Kim, Sun Kim, Comfy USA and another Comfy USA trade mark in another type of font which is now noted as being DEAD. So I guess we all need to meet this Jason person, YK and her mate Sun Kim !

Wow! That little Asian woman doesn't half get around eh? :giggle:

The Tooth Fairy is actually a franchise, its carrying the money, collecting the teeth and having to have your own ladder. I read Terry Pratchett.:mysmilie_59:

I imagine her to be like Suarti - that bonkers woman with even stranger headgear !

Seriously, whomever owns the 'brand' Yong Kim is laughing all the way to the bank with the prices charged, but I would love to hear Ingrid wax lyrical about the Ann Harvey fashion brand in the same way she does Yong Kim !!!! :mysmilie_17:

It seems very non-committal. With most of the current crop of US clothing brands on QVC we have met or heard from the US "name". If you google most of them you can find out information about them. To call Yong Kim a designer brand and yet nobody appears to have met her except Ingrid Tarrant (if DF said what she's quoted here as saying, she has definitely not confirmed having met YK), and to find no information readily available does seem strange.

I think Ingrid needs a script and then she'll praise anything. The Yong Kim promo is shocking, they've stuffed all the clichés in - classic with a twist, never dates, dress it up and down etc and she delivers it with no imagination at all but they still broadcast it.

Time to confess - I have a Yong Kim cardi. It must have been an OTO or something, it's a long line, navy and white stripe and I really like it. So do lots of my workmates. But I don't think I paid much over £60 for it, I couldn't have justified that. It washes well and is "a great layering piece". I'm auditioning for Ingrid's job now :giggle:

It seems very non-committal. With most of the current crop of US clothing brands on QVC we have met or heard from the US "name". If you google most of them you can find out information about them. To call Yong Kim a designer brand and yet nobody appears to have met her except Ingrid Tarrant (if DF said what she's quoted here as saying, she has definitely not confirmed having met YK), and to find no information readily available does seem strange.

It`s just a trade name, like Dorothy Perkins, Pretty Polly, Lily O Brien etc etc, all womens names, all invented brands. Loads of them around when you think of it.

It`s just a trade name, like Dorothy Perkins, Pretty Polly, Lily O Brien etc etc, all womens names, all invented brands. Loads of them around when you think of it.

True - it's just the way it's hyped up. And one of QVC's boasts has been that it brings you closer to the designer/inventer of the products being sold.

I like Yong Kim made in the modal material and I own a few items. I am not fond of the crinkle ones.
I wonder why a dress is sold for $ 118.81 (which is about £81.19p) in US
artfulhome_68961_med.jpg

and the same dress sold on the Q for £153.72 ??:mysmilie_10:

They will justify it by saying they have to take shipping charges and customs into consideration of course ...

Lots of 'quality' catalogue companies now have Sales on, and tbh rather than pay the high prices for flimsy YK, for me its a no brainer to buy a garment for £80 that's been reduced by half price, and of far superior quality. The 30 dmbg holds no sway as I've yet to keep an item for more than a week, I know immediately whether something works for me or not, I don't hang around for a month before its returned.

I rememeber in the '80s, Dixons carried their own brand of 'Matsui' electrical appliances. They gave it an Eastern sounding name to make it more credible in the tech market place alongside established Japanese companies.

According to Ingrid, the mysterious Yong Kim doesn't come over here because she doesn't like flying. If so, why haven't we seen a photo of her or she could do a phone in. Gale Hayman doesn't appear but we know she exists - doesn't she ?????

And she's very shy according to Ingrid......

Latest posts

Back