Yong Kim - WTF?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QUOTE=Tinkerbelle;582429]Oh well here goes nothing. I like this style. Not all of it and I prefer other ranges to Yong Kim largely because of her limited colour pallette. I mainly wear tops and waistcoats in this style. I buy either from TK Maxx or Sahara or independents.

Yong Kim's prices are high end but like everything you can get similar styles for a lot less or a lot more.

Whilst I do wear grey and black I also have tops in pink, blackcurrant and yellow. I'd be more interested if Yong Kim did colour. But it is like every other fashion range. Some of it works for me and some of it certainly wouldn't. The dress Catherine wore would have looked better if it had been a different colour and had more of a scoop neckline.[/QUOTE]

We like what we like and we should wear what we like, if you like it and it suits you then go for it I say :up:[

I agree with Tinkerbelle and Yorko. Lifes too short/ full of other important stuff to worry too much. If it pleases you, you feel it suits you and you get favourable comments from those whose opinions you may value, wear what you like! I dont see too many perfect Paris fashion plates walking round anyway so just wear what makes YOU happy I say.

i like yong kim but not the prices and the quality of the fabrics are expensive for what it is so buy on the bay.

I've ordered one of her cardigans for work (was on easy pay and had 5* reviews) will judge when it arrives. Some people like certain things, some people don't. Think it's down to individual taste really, Pippa always looks great in Yong Kim stuff

I like a lot of Yong Kim and have several modal tunics which are great quality and being heavy they hang really well, but I'm not keen on the very baggy crinkle items which do nothing for a shortarse like me although I do have a few short crinkle tops which are more fitted. I agree the range is very overpriced on Q but if I like something enough I am prepared to pay it but I've winkled out a few sellers on the Bay who I've bought YK from too and obviously their prices are much lower. Watching yesterday's shows imo Ingrid Tarrant has become a very good guest presenter now for this range.

This a the sort of range that you either love or hate QVC obviously sell well or they wouldn't repeat.I think this is yet ANOTHER import from the US?
I can't get away with this 'just got out of bed look' as I would look exactly that.

Yong Kim Fashions

I have read so much negative comments about this fashion range.
Sure, I agree they are very expensive and some of them look so crinkled and in need of some good steam ironing.
I bought 4 of her items (2 on last clicks, one in clearance and one on proper price)They are the most comfortable clothing I have ever bought. They feel like silk on you, they are so light too.The fabric is made in modal ,the type that "breathes"

If they were not so expensive, I would buy more. I only have one of the crinkle material, my other half has not seen it yet, he will comment the same as many of you have , "it looks like a rag" Luckily I bought it in the last clicks:whew:
One I bought is going back.......item no: Item Number150462

only because it was sent to me very badly packed, the skirt was squashed into a small plastic bag, and since it was not a crinkle material, also it looked as if it was worn before or tried on before. I was mortified that I paid £5.95 for P&P. Even market stall traders take more care in packing things. The skirt itself is lovely, diffrent to the normal ones , had a wide waist band that is very comfortable on(I wish more designers will bring wide waist bands) and falls nicely, the lucky ones among you who are tall would look good in it.

The other I bought is a dress with vertical lines item no:152559 which is so comfortable and it feels so good on. I will keep this one, even though, again, it was screwed up in an small plastic bag:angry: I have complained to CS. Anything over £100 and with a p&p of £5.95 should be packed with more respect:devil:
If this dress was cheaper, I would have bough a couple more in other colours. I do want some of the tops, but they are ridiculously pricey :mysmilie_478:
The crinkly ones are not for me, they are for those who are very young and slim or for people who can carry them well, like Pippa on QVC..they can get away with wearing anything:happy:
I wish some of you can try some of her clothes to experience the feel of it.
Of course I am not saying that anyone should NOT AT THAT p&p:whew:
I do wish they were cheaper.

Anyone else who has bought her clothes?

Latest posts

Back