Yong Kim TSV 8/3/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Although I like some of the Yong Kim range, they're way out of my price bracket. :eek: However, I don't like the TSV at all. It looks flimsy and doesn't look flattering on any of the models, in my opinion. And I'll remain tight-lipped about the 'creased look' bit :wink: but, suffice it to say that I could get the same effect, for a tenth of the price, by flinging my clothes on the floor and sitting on them.

I'm sure I heard Ingrid say that Yong Kim was exclusive to QVC, so does that mean she isn't an internationally renowned designer and is purely someone who designs things just for QVC? If that is the case then I definitely wouldn't pay those prices for fashion that no one, other than a QVC customer, had heard of.

Having said that ............. IF her things were cheaper there are a couple of items (uncreased ones) that I would like because I like them and not because she's apparently a renowned designer.

A crinkly saggy old mess, and thats just Ingrid! Sorry but I find Yong Kim designs very unappealing and overpriced.

I like this top but am confused with the sizing... I know they are supposed to be oversized BUT there's big and then there's too big.

With this type of design, what has worked for anyone with YK?

Well I'm an 18 bottom and a 20 top and I have only bought an 18 in YK. Despite my dress size I don't like clothes to be loose and baggy around the boobs. I've never bought anything other than the tops. Hope that helps.

I'm watching Ingrid now, I think she looks better with her hair up, but the clothes look a mess, and I hate the TSV, love the red colour but that's all I'm afraid.

the price of the mesh crinkle leggings are the biggest rip off in history nearly £60 for cropped leggins

That 106-909 Tunic Dress - even on the models it looks awful. Doesn't fit either of them. The bottom bit resembles those 1950's swimsuits that are all wavy. Awful.

You couldn't get a greater contrast in the 2pm show on now than between the elegant Alison and, erm, Ingrid. One an object lesson in trying too hard to look years younger and only succeeding in looking years older, the other showing what casual elegance can look like. I leave to your own judgement as to which was which!

This is going to be a big flop and it deserves to be - what on earth are QVC thinking about with that shapeles crumpled bag!!
Yong Kim's modal pieces are beautiful, very flattering to the fuller figure and comfortable to wear; why not one of her nice mid length tunics that would appeal to a greater market. They should know from feedback that the crinkle fabric is an acquired taste and only wearable in specific designs - Grandpa nightshirt and longjohns do not fit that criteria. We just need the tasseselled nightcap and the look will be complete.:puke:

This is going to be a big flop and it deserves to be - what on earth are QVC thinking about with that shapeles crumpled bag!!
Yong Kim's modal pieces are beautiful, very flattering to the fuller figure and comfortable to wear; why not one of her nice mid length tunics that would appeal to a greater market. They should know from feedback that the crinkle fabric is an acquired taste and only wearable in specific designs - Grandpa nightshirt and longjohns do not fit that criteria. We just need the tasseselled nightcap and the look will be complete.:puke:

In my opinion, this gets the award for the post of the week!

I like the look of YK's stuff.I always said that if a TSV came,I would try it.

I knew as soon as it was posted on here,I'd look awful in it.But I didn't know the price.

I saw the black on DF last night and thought it looked OK - but I only saw a bust upwards shot.I did even think if its around £40-45 I may go for it.

Then decided against - and was quite shocked to the price and state of it this morning.

I think there are nicer styles in the range than this.

I've just got in but I'd be interested to know how its sold??

I'm not surprised it's the final presentation in the 5 p.m. hour......it's horrible for us shorties! It's not doing JR any favours whatsoever! :down:

it looks a bit thinner than the usual tunics. i am quite tall at 5 8" so love the leagnth but went for the wrap over sleevless top that julia is wearing. and its on easy pays and i deserve it lol

I've tried some YK and although the material is lovely I really don't see the appeal in the shapes also a lot of it is see through so not great for all but the truly skinny IMO, after seeing how awful the TSV looked I saw a review that said how after a couple of months of loving the items they started to bobble really badly and ended up leaving the lady with a load of expensive tat, I think I would be very careful of which items I will buy from the range as well as in the after care, it's only my opinion but there is soo much better elsewhere! I am sure they are shocked about the amount they've sold I bet they thought it would sell out really quickly

Just watching this show now. Still don't like YK. To be fair though I'm not tall or skinny, which I think you need to be to look anything near nice in these clothes. Julia just looks a mess and I really don't want to be unkind, but she does not look good. Far too much money as well for what it is.

CC

Just turned tv on to see what QVC had to offer, couldn't believe Julia's outfit. She looked like Mrs Penguin in a panto. I don't think model Ali looks her best either in these clothes. Apologies to those who love/live in these styles.

i have a lovely cowl neck tunic with dip sides and its double layered. love it wear it loads but it does bubble i just ignore the bobbles

some of it is not nice at all. and very pricey you will find loads on e-bay in a few months all returns but if you do find some you like its ok

Latest posts

Back