Yong Kim TSV 30/1/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a top similar to this - it was by Attitudes by Rene, for half the price.

I think I have the top you mention, Brissles.

The Yong kim TSV looks similar but on the close up pictures it tooks much more sheer, you can see the model's white cami underneath. I really like it.

I like it and have bought it in teal and black. I have the waiscoat in same material in the black/white and it is fab light and comfy material.

Nice to see them using size 16 model too!

Looks like they have just taken the $ Dollar and changed it to £ pounds stirling
Never mind the difference in the exchange rate
That is according to the price charged for the "Comfy USA" range of clothing

Not a huge rush to buy this. All sizes and colours still available. I think the onscreen sizing isn't helping as the presenters are doing some nifty footwork in saying how the fabric is stretchy and you can go up or down a size, it really is't helpful though to see a bust size of 36" for a size 18. I'm a size 20 but I'm not risking paying all that money (and return postage) to have my boobs look like squashed sausages !

Not a huge rush to buy this. All sizes and colours still available. I think the onscreen sizing isn't helping as the presenters are doing some nifty footwork in saying how the fabric is stretchy and you can go up or down a size, it really is't helpful though to see a bust size of 36" for a size 18. I'm a size 20 but I'm not risking paying all that money (and return postage) to have my boobs look like squashed sausages !

Brissles, if it helps, I have the waistcoat in this fine knit fabric. The TSV is cut on the cross like my waistcoat (size 16) and so accomodates well across the chest. I was more of a 16 on the high street 6 months ago, now more like an 18 but it doesnt seem to matter because of it being cut on the bias and l can still wear it perfectly. The cross cut and fine knit fabric seems to accomodate my ever varying sized chesticles.:giggle: Have just measured around my chest and it is 44" and I buy size 16 in this range and is always perfect.
I totally agree about the sizing shown on screen though - pointless imo.

Last edited:
I love yong Kim and have lots of items, but I don't rate today's TSV personally. The stuff I have is quirky and unusually shaped and constructed but this to me is a bit of a glorified long sleeve tee shirt so seems very expensive for what it is. Doesn't put me off yong Kim but I won't be buying this one.
That was very much my impression when seeing it on the presenters. I thought that it was just Meh and not flattering. I think it looks a lot better on the models. It says to me that it does matter what size you are and that tight is not a good look if you are a larger lady and even if you are svelte it looks better if you can ensure the swish. :)

I really like it but IMO the price is just ridiculous.I have tops/tunics that are pretty much the same from a small independent "boutique" near me - their tops are around £30 - I bought one in the sale after christmas for £12 and it looks the same as the TSV.Ridiculous QVC.

OMG just watching JR in it on the 5pm fashion show....its see through!!!! thought all the presenters would know to wear a flesh coloured bra.poor jr...her black bra is very evident

OMG the fashion on so far this hour is like what is in my rag bag.....LOL

I think I have the top you mention, Brissles.

The Yong kim TSV looks similar but on the close up pictures it tooks much more sheer, you can see the model's white cami underneath. I really like it.

If I am thinking of the same ones I have 3 of the A by R ones but have ordered the TSV hoping it is a bit longer but it is a heck of a lot more expensive. I did like the other YK items a lot more but per wear it would be hard to justify the cost.

Brissles, if it helps, I have the waistcoat in this fine knit fabric. The TSV is cut on the cross like my waistcoat (size 16) and so accomodates well across the chest. I was more of a 16 on the high street 6 months ago, now more like an 18 but it doesnt seem to matter because of it being cut on the bias and l can still wear it perfectly. The cross cut and fine knit fabric seems to accomodate my ever varying sized chesticles.:giggle: Have just measured around my chest and it is 44" and I buy size 16 in this range and is always perfect.
I totally agree about the sizing shown on screen though - pointless imo.
Oh dear, I was debating about 14 or 16 and ordered the 16 but I may have got away with a 14. If it doesn't fit I won't reorder as it won't be the TSV price and 3 lots of postage will make it ridiculous .

Technically you can return an item of clothing for a straight exchange (same item number) at the same price but you have to ring them to arrange it as the staff at the returns dept don't read the invoice choices asking for a replacement or alternative. You'd have to pay to return the first item but they should send out the other size at no extra cost and still at the TSV price*. It's another money saving process they don't publicise; there are so many clothing reviews saying they'd order another size but for the extra p&p, which is a shame and QVC are missing out on a sale by not making it clear that buyers can do this!

*If there's a really amazing OTO price but your size has sold out, you can buy any size/colour choice to secure that price and then you have a couple of weeks to check for a return in your preferred size/colour, then phone to request a swap. It's a gamble but you might get lucky and you've locked in the OTO price. Plus, QVC get lots of cancelled and returned OTO items where viewers have been sucked into the hype of the moment and then change their minds....ofcourse you have to bear in mind you'll be getting a returned item in all likelihood.

If you don't get a helpful CS person when you first call wait a while and phone again because other more experienced staff will know how to set up this kind of exchange. HTH.

Technically you can return an item of clothing for a straight exchange (same item number) at the same price but you have to ring them to arrange it as the staff at the returns dept don't read the invoice choices asking for a replacement or alternative. You'd have to pay to return the first item but they should send out the other size at no extra cost and still at the TSV price*. It's another money saving process they don't publicise; there are so many clothing reviews saying they'd order another size but for the extra p&p, which is a shame and QVC are missing out on a sale by not making it clear that buyers can do this!

*If there's a really amazing OTO price but your size has sold out, you can buy any size/colour choice to secure that price and then you have a couple of weeks to check for a return in your preferred size/colour, then phone to request a swap. It's a gamble but you might get lucky and you've locked in the OTO price. Plus, QVC get lots of cancelled and returned OTO items where viewers have been sucked into the hype of the moment and then change their minds....ofcourse you have to bear in mind you'll be getting a returned item in all likelihood.

If you don't get a helpful CS person when you first call wait a while and phone again because other more experienced staff will know how to set up this kind of exchange. HTH.

I'm sure there are many like myself who didn't know that - many many thanks for the info, may give it a try.

I'm an old hand at this telly shopping nonsense!

Hope it helps although YK clothes are pretty forgiving you'll probably be fine with the size ordered. (Oh heck I'm starting to sound like Ingrid and Debbie Flint!)

Received mine today (fastest delivery ever). Fit is perfect now but wondering if it will be too big as I usually try to drop a size for summer clothes and think it is more of a summer evening weight of fabric.

I am a short arse and the sleeves are a perfect length so they may be a bit short for others. I got the teal and it is a lovely colour. Will pack well without looking like something from the bottom of the ironing basket - looks slightly crinkled, just the right amount.

Lovely just a bit overpriced, so saying if it was anything near the TSV price I might go for another!

My black/white one arrived. Love it. Not see through. Size 14 perfect. No lumps or bumps. Classic Yong Kim yunic shape. Just the right texture of fabric. If I wear it anything like the amount that I wear my other Yong Kim top then it is a very good price.

My black/white one arrived. Love it. Not see through. Size 14 perfect. No lumps or bumps. Classic Yong Kim yunic shape. Just the right texture of fabric. If I wear it anything like the amount that I wear my other Yong Kim top then it is a very good price.

Mine arrrived yesterday. It feels comfy and is a good shape and fits. BUT I have to take issue with the sizing QVC gave on the day. I measured mine across the chest, unstretched and it is just over 20", so about 41 inch chest for size 16 which is about right I would say. Where on earth did they get 35" as shown on the website. I notice the reviews are not great this morning, someone actually mentioning the sizing qvc gave on the day in fact.

I absolutely love the other 4 things I have from yong kim, 2 modal/chiffon tunics and 2 dipped hem waistcoats, all very flattering, but I'm undecided on whether to keep this TSV or not yet. The sleeves on me finish about 2" above my wrist bone, so they look too long for 3/4 and too short for long.

:mysmilie_47:

Qvc never seem to give exchanges - yes you can request an exchange - but they never seem to happen......always just get the money refunded in my experience....

The only way to do it is to phone them first and explain that you want an exchange; but even then it doesn't always work. QVC has to be the only retailer in the world to actively avoid keeping a sale by automatically refunding when the customer asks for a swap! Bonkers!

Latest posts

Back