Yankee Portrait Large Jars

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glad you made it back, AndiK!!!

Tarketta, I cannot remember too much about these two except I know I thought they smelt nice. But as for throw of scent..... Well let's just say they are in overflow storage Bag No.1 so goodness knows when they will actually be burnt.

:mysmilie_59:

Wow, in the space of me sending that message, my account is also showing as 'In Process', woo hoo!!!!

Out of interest, what did you think of the second drop? I was really disappointed with both Midnight Lilac and Summer Storm - neither of them smell of much and there is absolutely no throw! Of course, no opportunity to leave a review/read other reviews on the Q website, humph.

I really liked the second drop fragrances. I thought they were all quite unisex and just the right amount of sweet floral (I am not a fan of heady florals, as I know many on here are). I have only lit the Lavender Sunset so far and yes, it is gentle, but I could definitely smell it, even if not around the whole house.

I really liked the second drop fragrances. I thought they were all quite unisex and just the right amount of sweet floral (I am not a fan of heady florals, as I know many on here are). I have only lit the Lavender Sunset so far and yes, it is gentle, but I could definitely smell it, even if not around the whole house.

I haven't yet lit the Lavender Sunset as I was saving it until I finish the Lavender world journey jar - I love lavender and this to me smells like my all-time fave, Lavender Vanilla so I have high hopes! The other two are just too subtle for me I guess :(

I haven't yet lit the Lavender Sunset as I was saving it until I finish the Lavender world journey jar - I love lavender and this to me smells like my all-time fave, Lavender Vanilla so I have high hopes! The other two are just too subtle for me I guess :(

I wonder which of you, me and Mazza has the biggest Yankee stockpile! I think mine is ridiculously big but I did sell some on eBay and am trying to cut back, plus I have a strict price limit now. I am always pleased to hear others are probably as weak!

I wonder which of you, me and Mazza has the biggest Yankee stockpile! I think mine is ridiculously big but I did sell some on eBay and am trying to cut back, plus I have a strict price limit now. I am always pleased to hear others are probably as weak!

Ha ha, I'm terrible for hoarding beauty products, but I reluctantly force myself to burn candles regularly and have more than one on the go too - this causes me immense pain as my natural instinct is to keep them all beautiful and intact, aaaaaarrrrggghhhh!

Ha ha, I'm terrible for hoarding beauty products, but I reluctantly force myself to burn candles regularly and have more than one on the go too - this causes me immense pain as my natural instinct is to keep them all beautiful and intact, aaaaaarrrrggghhhh!

I get a bit obsessed with some products and hoard, too, but I've definitely got better by starting lists of everything which puts it in perspective and also helps me use up old stuff first.

On my account, it still says "awaiting stock" for the imminent AD of the March TSV. I do want these candles but part of me thinks if they don't come, it's fate and it's not as if I NEED them, much as I tell myself I do!

All my candles are on a spreadsheet!!! In chronological order. I always burn two together so that is why I need double an acceptable level of stock.....:mysmilie_19:

I keep the beauty stash in the TSV bags, in a sort of date order but recently decided I had to do a list of contents. I was out of some things and had a glut of others so it does make sense and stops you getting a TSV with the stuff you really don't need.

Recording the current show so I can FF through JF's rubbish comments. "I just LOVE this".

All my candles are on a spreadsheet!!! In chronological order. I always burn two together so that is why I need double an acceptable level of stock.....:mysmilie_19:

I keep the beauty stash in the TSV bags, in a sort of date order but recently decided I had to do a list of contents. I was out of some things and had a glut of others so it does make sense and stops you getting a TSV with the stuff you really don't need.

Recording the current show so I can FF through JF's rubbish comments. "I just LOVE this".

Spreadsheets in chronological order are so useful! They really help me avoid getting more than I can use by the expiry date.

I put Q on about 10 mins ago but not really watching. When you get to the presentation of the Country Walks set about half an hour in, could you see what JF has a giggling fit about? Does she say something about plums as she's holding the Holiday Plum jar?

She said she didn't like plums. I wondered if someone made a comment through her earpiece.

Ooh I love a spreadsheet...although not the one that lists how much I owe QVC in easy pays and Auto Deliveries...YIKES!!!!

How funny! I was just thinking, as I eyed various candles which have escaped the main hoard... I need to put these on a spreadsheet!

Mine aren't all YC. I've got a lot of White Company, some Home & Heart and a load of other stuff besides.

The storage is rather out of control as well - with stuff in several different places. I think they need to be consolidated into a single location - if only to scare me silly about how many I have that need burning.

Then there are the wax tarts/melts... some of which are used to scent my drawers of clothes. Ooohhhh dear! I hope I'm not as bad as some, but I am suspecting I might be worse than I thought (my brother did once ask me if I had shares in Yankee Candles when he visited... and my collection is much bigger now than it was then).

Storage is the main problem for me. I don't have enough cupboards for anything so candles lie around in boxes and if I stack them, it's a pain digging out the lower ones. Also, it looks awful. I have completely killed my nail polish habit (buying, I mean) and I've got the beauty products under control. Candles next.

Storage is the main problem for me. I don't have enough cupboards for anything so candles lie around in boxes and if I stack them, it's a pain digging out the lower ones. Also, it looks awful. I have completely killed my nail polish habit (buying, I mean) and I've got the beauty products under control. Candles next.

My nail polishes are in a very heavy box (light as a feather before I filled it) I bought in IKEA. It's got sections in it. So I've divided my polishes by brand, and as mainly Leighton Denny, I've got them by shades (pales, cocktail effects, red/pink, unusual colours, dark colours). I've had to relocate the treatments to another box now... so no more nail polishes for me, as I never use them up.

I'm the same with the candles - the way I'm storing them I can't see what I've got to choose what to burn next. So a proper sort-out and reorganise is on the cards.

I'm mainly managing to whittle down the beauty products.

My nail polishes are in a very heavy box (light as a feather before I filled it) I bought in IKEA. It's got sections in it. So I've divided my polishes by brand, and as mainly Leighton Denny, I've got them by shades (pales, cocktail effects, red/pink, unusual colours, dark colours). I've had to relocate the treatments to another box now... so no more nail polishes for me, as I never use them up.

I'm the same with the candles - the way I'm storing them I can't see what I've got to choose what to burn next. So a proper sort-out and reorganise is on the cards.

I'm mainly managing to whittle down the beauty products.

I like your organisational skills! Sounds like you are at exactly the same point as I am with nail polishes, and I've got storage under control (just!) too. The candle dilemma is trickier. I can see why they talk about "Treasure Walls" as at least the candles are accessible. However, and I don't mean to offend anyone who has one, personally I'm not a Treasure Wall kind of gal!

I used to keep all mine in the Q boxes. Then I got fed up of having them all over the bedroom so emptied a shelf to put them in (in their pairs ready for burning, in date order!!!). When I took the boxes out, our communal recycling bin had just been emptied and by the time I had finished was well over half full!!! It is for 14 flats for a week, LOL.

For my surplus storage, my set of 4 supermarket trolley bags from Lakeland go down a treat. One has World Journeys, one has paired large jars, one has as yet unpaired jars, and the fourth one is about to be brought into play as the Autumn ones are out now. I got into this sort of surplus situation when they did Artisan and am now back in it because of the Portraits. Mind you I also buy tarts and tea lights to match every candle and that is a whole other storage problem I will soon need to address as they are bursting out of the current cupboard.

Two problems with a treasure wall. 1. The dusting. 2. Every time you take a candle or pair of candles out, you would have to shuffle all the candles up to fill the gap.

I used to keep all mine in the Q boxes. Then I got fed up of having them all over the bedroom so emptied a shelf to put them in (in their pairs ready for burning, in date order!!!). When I took the boxes out, our communal recycling bin had just been emptied and by the time I had finished was well over half full!!! It is for 14 flats for a week, LOL.

For my surplus storage, my set of 4 supermarket trolley bags from Lakeland go down a treat. One has World Journeys, one has paired large jars, one has as yet unpaired jars, and the fourth one is about to be brought into play as the Autumn ones are out now. I got into this sort of surplus situation when they did Artisan and am now back in it because of the Portraits. Mind you I also buy tarts and tea lights to match every candle and that is a whole other storage problem I will soon need to address as they are bursting out of the current cupboard.

Two problems with a treasure wall. 1. The dusting. 2. Every time you take a candle or pair of candles out, you would have to shuffle all the candles up to fill the gap.

You are SO organised and methodical! Are you a Virgo, by any chance?!

That's very true about dust if you display candles. I use various boxes but I don't like having too many jars in each as they get really heavy and awkward to move around. How many jars fit in the Lakeland bags comfortably?

Do you literally burn two side-by-side? Same scents or complementing?

Even worse, I am a Capricorn!!!!

The two candles complement each other and I burn them a bit apart. My table is near a socket so I have a tart warmer there with one candle, and the other on the coffee table. Although as I am currently having my kitchen done, life is like an edition of Extreme Hoarders and I only have free surface on the coffee table. Two world journeys are in the go, Fijian Beach and Sands of Bora Bora. Not exactly strong but OK both together and about 2 feet away from me.

Well I reckon if you laid them down and piled them carefully, you could get a maximum of 20 in the large bag. But you wouldn't then want to be carrying them about as it would be ultra heavy. The set I got is the 2 in 1 trolley tote set, code 25306, for £19.99.

Thanks for the helpful info, Mazza. I might experiment with multiple burnings! I'm also going to have a look at the Lakeland storage solutions. Love Lakeland!

Don't envy you the kitchen work but it will be worth it. I have that to come but I've been saying it (and putting it off) for years!

Has anyone heard anything about the third drop of the March TSV Yankee Candles? Should be Candied Pecans etc and it was meant to be sent out on 31 Aug, but I've not heard a thing and nobody is asking about it on the FB page - I'm just hoping someone knows something as calling CS about Yankee Candles is always a bit hit n miss :(

Thanks
These have just arrived (already logged into spreadsheet :nod:) and in the Lakeland bag! Autumn whatever (gathering?) is a very nice fresh perfume, quite like a cologne. I love that type of candle. The other two are just about as foodie as I can go but I am pleased to say they are in the pain au raisin/Tarte tatin neck of the woods and not caketastic vanilla. So quite acceptable to me.

Latest posts

Back