Yankee Candles: Thick black soot around rim of jar.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Of course a wet cloth with a little proprietary dish washing soap will have your rim sparkling like new again. This is called "rimming" to those in the know. Mention it next time you're in your local candle outlet, you're bound to get tongues wagging!

You mean you don't use L'Occitane liquid soap BB? It's soooooo much gentler than Fairy liquid- no afterburn.

Which candles are not made with parafin is it just the Kringle ones, they don't seem to make any black marks and smell really nice

Which candles are not made with parafin is it just the Kringle ones, they don't seem to make any black marks and smell really nice

The Milkhouse Creamery candles are made of soy and beeswax and I've never had a problem with 'sooting' with them and the fragrance is lovely.

I stopped getting YC because of the paraffin smell which I found very noticeable. I've got some tarts left, but when they're finished I won't be buying any more YC.

I've swapped to Swan Creek Candles, very clean burn because they are Soy based and much stronger fragrance than the Yankee!
They are also American in origin

Great thread, I know you luv em! :heart:

But have I got this right, apart from having to regularly trim mushrooming wicks, wipe your rims, plus the smell of parafin - YC's filll your home with soot requiring extra housework and decorating?!!

:mysmilie_483:

Great thread, I know you luv em! :heart:

But have I got this right, apart from having to regularly trim mushrooming wicks, wipe your rims, plus the smell of parafin - YC's filll your home with soot requiring extra housework and decorating?!!

:mysmilie_483:

You've forgotten that they also burn a large hole - - - -

-- - - in your bank balance

Just looked not much on qv with the creamery range. I love vanilla. Was it the large vanilla one that is worth buying?

Just looked not much on qv with the creamery range. I love vanilla. Was it the large vanilla one that is worth buying?

I think they're possibly discontinuing them, as most seem to be in clearance now. :sad: Luckily I've stockpiled 7 of the candles in the link below (unfortunately before they reduced the price,) having first experienced the pure vanilla one in a 'one time only offer' on the four piece set.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.758891.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

And if that link doesn't work it's item number 758891

Latest posts

Back