Yankee Candle TSV 21/11/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine arrived a couple of days ago - the courier was reluctant to part with it LOL as she said she loved the smell coming from the box!

Shame the electric tart burner doesn't have an 'on/off' switch as my others do but otherwise am very pleased with it. I now have 3 electric tart burners and much prefer them to burning candles - seem much safer.

Really want to try some of Lady Darls tarts with them they sound really nice.

Mine arrived on Tuesday and I am pleased with it but I agree with Shopcat I wish it had an on/off switch like my other one.

Does anyone elses cut out after 8 hours? This safety feature is the main reason I ordered the TSV but mine doesn't work (not even after 10 hours).

Phoned CS, they're arranging a collection and sending a replacement but I wondered whether anyone's works?

Does anyone elses cut out after 8 hours? This safety feature is the main reason I ordered the TSV but mine doesn't work (not even after 10 hours).

Phoned CS, they're arranging a collection and sending a replacement but I wondered whether anyone's works?

mines still going from 9am this morning, so no, mine doesnt cut out after 8 hours.

Mine arrived a couple of days ago - the courier was reluctant to part with it LOL as she said she loved the smell coming from the box!

Shame the electric tart burner doesn't have an 'on/off' switch as my others do but otherwise am very pleased with it. I now have 3 electric tart burners and much prefer them to burning candles - seem much safer.

Really want to try some of Lady Darls tarts with them they sound really nice.

Just a note of caution: I think they have been in the paper some time ago for overheating, so they are also not meant to be left unsupervised

I've left my old one on overnight by accident several times and never had a problem but I might buy a timer switch to plug it into if the timer is duff! Not impressed when it ws blatantly advertised as having a cut off.

Oh dear I'm so very sorry you are having problems I was very tempted and did think at the time, the cut off was a very good feature.
I would personally say if it doesn't knock off after eight hours and was meant to, then the item could well be faulty.
Being so I wouldn't risk using it with electical item it's not worth risking it. :eek:

:)

mines been on again today for over 12 hours

I dont think they are supposed to switch off automatically, it says

A safe alternative to burning candles, the burner heats the wax with a small, low-powered bulb to provide eight hours of fragrance.

which just means the tarts are supposed to last 8 hours, not that it switches itself off after 8 hours, there is no timer on the unit, so how would it know when the time is up..

Last edited:
I got the impression from the Yankee presenter that it would cut out after 8 hours as a safety feature.

In my experience the fragrance from the tarts will last much longer than 8 hours

there is also no mention of a safety cut off/timer in the instruction leaflet that comes with it. Which you would expect it to say something if it is an important feature of the item.

I thought they said on air that it had an automatic cut out after 8 hours & not sure if mine does or not as don't know if the red indicator light iss linked to this directly or just an indication it is switched on at the wall? (Although, if it had cut out, tart would start solidifying, wouldn't it?)

Not sending mine back even if it doesn't (am totally in love with it!) & risking getting somebody else's return as a replacement! OH explained possible workings of cut out facility & reckons it is probably pretty basic, unlikely to be particularly accurate time wise & unit would be perfectly safe functioning without it!

I wouldn't go out & leave it unattended anyway & am bordering on the pranoid about turning everything off before we go to bed, so for me it's virtually a moot point anyway! lol

I also remember the YC lady talking about the safety cutout Kitten.. My hair straighteners have an auto cut out if they are left on too long, so its probably similar to that.. The burner should have this feature, as it was sold as having it :)

I also remember the YC lady talking about the safety cutout Kitten.. My hair straighteners have an auto cut out if they are left on too long, so its probably similar to that.. The burner should have this feature, as it was sold as having it :)

*puts hands over ears" Be quiet Daisy, I'm not listening.......la, la, la, la, la......! :p :D

Seriously though, hair straighteners would concern me more as they get bl**dy hot - I thank the stars for this feature as DD has just abandoned hers on the floor on more than one occasion! lol

(I am timing mine today though, it went on at 7.15am, so if it hasn't cut out by, say, 5pm, which is approaching 10 hours, I guess this feature could be deemed non-functioning then?) :(

I accidently left mine on last night. Cut off facility my a**e!

The house smells fab with the yummy scent of lemon lavender. I have
the tart warmer in my hallway.
I will start the xmas lot from the 12th. I have say though that I have already
dragged the xmas tree down and deccies. The tree has gone up with just plain
white lights. Cheers me up when it is cold, dark and wet outside.
I know, sad ol' f@rt!

It was clearly sold as having a cut off facility, I didn't imagine it or confuse it with the length of time tarts (supposedly) smell. Mine always last longer than 8 hours anyway.

I thought as it had one fault it may have another so I'm awaiting the replacement (old one has been collected already).

Shushkin - I've started wrapping my lights aroung the handrail, they'll be switched on on Tuesday to cheer me up, I don't care if it's too soon it makes me happy. You're not sad at all!

Has anyone been in touch with Yankee Candle themselves to confirm as to whether it should have a cut off facility?

Here are the details for Michaela

Contact Name: Michaela Lee
Address: Unit 2 Britannia Road, Patchway
Town/City: Bristol
County/Region: Avon, England
Postcode: BS34 5TA
Telephone: 0117 974 9300

I have mine burning with the same tart since it arrived on wednesday, it has been burning from 9am till 11pm but I have noticed that only the wax in the middle melts the outside melts then solidifies after a few hrs, but it never melts again, not like the cream one that I have, that seems to be a different shape and melts all the tart, so I think I will try and just use a half tart next time, someone on here said thats what they do.Has anyone else noticed if theirs only melts in the inside?

Latest posts

Back