Yankee Candle TSV 21/11/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm not normally tempted by YC TSV's but this one is making me consider it. Seems very good value and also a good way to try out some fragrances, think i'll pop off and order one.

i swapped to an electric one a couple of months ago and it's much more practical and i find i use it all day long now instead of popping a tealight in for a 4 hour evening stint.

I have gone for this..makes it 3 electric tart burners :smirk: but one is just a Christmas / Santa one! :cheeky: Can use the spare one in another room..I only ever use 1/2 a tart, if it needs topping up,( only if room full of peeps on special occasion), just add a bit more. These are so much safer than candle ones, have even been known to forget to switch off overnight :sleepy: Still buy candles for special days.

daydreamer

Where is Bargain Watch? Is that a VIP area on this forum or it elsewhere?

Yes Val, it's in 'the Drop', which you can only access if you are a VIP member. It would be well worth your while donating a fiver to Graham towards the running costs of the forum, (it's a 'one off' fee) and you would have access to all sorts of useful stuff forevermore ;)
I bought one of those burners recommended in the Bargain Watch post - £17.49 inc P&P, for the burner ( I get my tarts from Her Ladyship too heheheh!)

Last edited:
Has anyone received their YC TSV yet? Mine has only just been sent out, i thought TSV's were usually shipped out faster??

I am currently looking at Her Ladyships section for a selection of her finest tarts as we speak :D

Has anyone received their YC TSV yet? Mine has only just been sent out, i thought TSV's were usually shipped out faster??

I am currently looking at Her Ladyships section for a selection of her finest tarts as we speak :D

I received my order of 2 YC TSV's yesterday, they are really nice, although I am not so keen on some of the christmas tart smells.

My TSV came today, can't wait to have a play with it - I think I quite like all the smells but will have to see once I've got it going.....just deciding where to put it at the mo! lol

Mine came yesterday Tabs, the burner is lovely and I had it on last night burning one of Darl's Nutcase special blend tarts ;) Some of the YC tarts don't half pong - can't see me using all of them, but one or two are pleasant enough. I'm pleased I went for it though, it was worth it for the burner alone.

Some of the YC tarts don't half pong - can't see me using all of them.....

They do a bit, don't they?
I shall use them up over Christmas at least, if there's going to be an over-indulgence in food/alcohol/carp TV/sulking/squabbling, might as well have the OTT Xmassy smells to match going on in the background! lol

They do a bit, don't they?
I shall use them up over Christmas at least, if there's going to be an over-indulgence in food/alcohol/carp TV/sulking/squabbling, might as well have the OTT Xmassy smells to match going on in the background! lol

Oh Kitten, that made me laugh!

Mine arrived yesterday but haven't had time to get it out of the box yet.

Got mine yesterday and I'm loving it. I put it in the kitchen and it's nice and convenient to scent the conservatory as well (where the litter tray lurks...). Used one of the tarts and it proved very effective!!!

i like the term rank...

my daughters have not been very happy with some of my festive burnings tbh the musty smell of the spicy ones are quite bad.

love the floral ones better sheer garedenia and floral bouquet are lovely and keep summer a little longer..

christmas will bring red apple wreath and christmas eve.... aaaaaahhhhh

Just plugged mine in (finally! lol) & love it already - got half a Vaniila & Lime tart in it & everybody has already said how nice (& non-chemically!) it smells! Am surprised at how strong the fragrance is, just got to see how long it lasts I s'pose but so far, am hooked!
(Already been to check out tart list elsewhere on the forum, some very appealing ones I havre to say!)

The vanilla & lime is one of those I think might be OK, along with Jack Frost & sparkling snow. The brown sugar & cinnamon one might be nice, but only in very small doses, - but some of those deep red and green ones - Eeeeeeewwwwww!
IMO you cannot beat Her Ladyship's Superior Tarts :)

Mine arrived today but most of it will be going to my mum for Christmas.
Some of the tarts smell really strong and are definately not to my taste but I am sure my mum will like them.

Its difficult to tell what some of them smell like as they have taken the smell of the stronger ones whilst in the box

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back