Yankee Candle TSV 12/4/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

looks lovely I do love the Luxenoa candles though soooooooo gorgeous!

Ah interesting, boffy. I haven't read any reactions to Rylan's candles, just to Rylan lol, so it's nice to hear that they are a good product.

Quite a few comments on the QVC Facebook about the lack of quality with Yankee compared to a few years back. Lack of smell and tunnelling even when the wick is kept trimmed.

I don't know if it was a thread but there was a discussion some time ago. There was also an item on Wax Addicts saying they had had some differences and were parting company. But the last I heard they were staying and Was Addicts website was updated on those lines too.

There was a candle test in the paper today. I don't know the science but it was about the level of noxious particles, or whatever, in the burn and YC were the worst. They tested those soya ones which
have those coaster type lids and, IMHO, the extremely dated labelling. Apparently YC disputed the findings.

YC really made my asthma bad. Couldn't get any smell but paraffin.

Quite a few comments on the QVC Facebook about the lack of quality with Yankee compared to a few years back. Lack of smell and tunnelling even when the wick is kept trimmed.

Agree about the weaker scents. Someone on the forum posted about flamingo candles and I bought some tarts from them, a bit hit and miss though. Some were really strong and some not. They do have a thing where you pay £10 a month and they send a box of 8 tarts every month. I was quite tempted at that except I smashed the dish on my electric tart burner right after I'd sent the tealight operated burners to the charity shop - isn't that just the way?

CC

Agree about the weaker scents. Someone on the forum posted about flamingo candles and I bought some tarts from them, a bit hit and miss though. Some were really strong and some not. They do have a thing where you pay £10 a month and they send a box of 8 tarts every month. I was quite tempted at that except I smashed the dish on my electric tart burner right after I'd sent the tealight operated burners to the charity shop - isn't that just the way?

CC

Did that happen before, or after wine o'clock?:mysmilie_17:

I am burning the Beachside Woods large jar at the mo and I love the fragrance so will definitely be going for that option!
To me it smells a bit like the scent of tweakd by nature's restore cleansing hair treatment with a hint of burning logs and some watery ozone thrown in the mix. Somewhat like a high end mens cologne that is not too overpowering.
Rosa will probably describe it so much better than me but for me it is not the usual run of the mill Yankee fragrance it is more sophisticated and has a good throw.

I am burning the Beachside Woods large jar at the mo and I love the fragrance so will definitely be going for that option!
To me it smells a bit like the scent of tweakd by nature's restore cleansing hair treatment with a hint of burning logs and some watery ozone thrown in the mix. Somewhat like a high end mens cologne that is not too overpowering.
Rosa will probably describe it so much better than me but for me it is not the usual run of the mill Yankee fragrance it is more sophisticated and has a good throw.

does this smell like snow in love by any chance

No its not at all like snow in love which I also like.
Its really difficult to describe and I cant think of another Yankee fragrance that it is similar to.
I think there is amber in it which is probably what I am drawn to but I dont really get any floral tones whch is what I usually go for.
If you like amber,musky, woodsy and ozony scents you will love this.
Probably best as I said to listen to Rosa's description which I find is usually spot on.
I'm just an amateur :thinking::happy:

If I didn't have such a huge stash of ****** candles, I'd be all over this (at least one option) like a rash. It's not bad value, especially when the large candle is a similar weight to the Yankee regular large jars, but I really can't justify it. I'm also a bit sceptical about how well that middle-sized one will burn/pool. I really struggle with wide, shallow candles, however many wicks.

Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts though, those who buy a TSV. Love hearing views of the fragrances, throws, burns, etc.

No its not at all like snow in love which I also like.
Its really difficult to describe and I cant think of another Yankee fragrance that it is similar to.
I think there is amber in it which is probably what I am drawn to but I dont really get any floral tones whch is what I usually go for.
If you like amber,musky, woodsy and ozony scents you will love this.
Probably best as I said to listen to Rosa's description which I find is usually spot on.
I'm just an amateur :thinking::happy:

well Yankee describe it as the following

Surround yourself in cosy intrigue – driftwood mingles with brilliant citrus and floral notes for the perfect coastal escape

Fragrance Notes:
Top: Orange Blossom, Cool Citrus
Mid: Sweet Alyssum, Acacia
Base: Cotton Wood, Driftwood

Top note is the initial impression of the fragrance, middle note is the main body of the scent and base is its final impression.

well Yankee describe it as the following

Surround yourself in cosy intrigue – driftwood mingles with brilliant citrus and floral notes for the perfect coastal escape

Fragrance Notes:
Top: Orange Blossom, Cool Citrus
Mid: Sweet Alyssum, Acacia
Base: Cotton Wood, Driftwood

Top note is the initial impression of the fragrance, middle note is the main body of the scent and base is its final impression.

We all pick up different notes but I dont get any floral citrus notes at all.Its still a lovely fragrance though.

Yankee Candle 3 Piece Multi Wick Tumbler Candle Collection
Item Number: 709610
QVC Price £40.00
Todays Special Value Price £32.98
P&P £4.95

This three-piece Yankee Candle collection features three tumblers with multi wicks in your choice of Yankee's exciting new spring fragrances, Alfresco Afternoon, Moonlit Blossoms or Seaside Woods. Currently only available in this jar and scent configuration at QVC; dont miss your chance to add this spring-inspired collection to your home.

Statement design - boasting a range of candle heights, this stylish collection is perfect for creating a landscaped display when placed together, while each individual candle would also make a chic solo statement displayed on its own.

Spring is in the air - with fresh new scents for 2019, Alfresco Afternoon isn't available anywhere but QVC until May, making this a seriously coveted fragrance option to get your hands on. Seaside Woods and Moonlit Blossoms are also new for this year, with Seaside Woods offering wonderful citrus notes and Moonlit Blossoms boasting a rich berry scent.

Fragrance options:

Seaside Woods - driftwood mingles with brilliant citrus and floral notes for the perfect coastal escape
Moonlit Blossoms - rich floral and berry notes take an enchanting turn with mysterious, warm amber
Alfresco Afternoon - wildflowers and juniper buds with just a touch of nectarine swirling in the breeze

Contains:

1 x Two-Wick Large Tumbler (625g) - up to 110 hours burn time each
1 x Three-Wick Tumbler (482g) - up to 50 hours burn time each
1 x 1-Wick Tumbler (198g) - up to 45 hours burn time

All measurements are approximate
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.709610

Latest posts

Back