Yankee Candle TSV 12/4/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’m both boring and tight, I know. But just as I’ve weened myself off buying blocks of scented soap from Q. I’ve also done the same with jars of scented wax. Said it now and that’s it, sorry to those who take great pleasure in both, but it wouldn’t do for us all to be the same.

:mysmilie_50:

They do look nice and I'm sure they'll smell lovely, however, I'm not going for this and not only because I just bought the Elemis TSV early. One reason is they are all the same scent, why not give one option with one each of the scents so you can try them all? Also, look at the size of the jars, yes it's good value if you like it but what if it's just OK or you don't like it. Would cost a fortune to send back - glass and wax in those 3 big sizes will be heavy. I will be keeping the best part of £40 in my purse this time and try out the scents with tarts (when I get a new burner!). All these new scents are available on ebay as I looked last night (not in the QVC combination though).

CC

Come on, admit it. Who’s buying/bought which?

I'm not going for the TSV - as CC says, I'd rather have had a combo of all 3 in one option, but I'm more tempted by the returning classics duo with candle care kit...although I'd like the salt mist rose and rainbow's end in one combo...decisions, decisions!

im considering all 3 options as good value but the quanity is slightly less than the last 3 large jar TSV thats usually about this price

Yes, also I was looking at the burn times and even though the large one is 625g, similar to the regular large jar, the burn time is up to 110 hours versus up to 150 hours in the regular large. I’m still vaguely interested but think I can resist.

I have been disappointed the last few times I have bought Yankee candles, there has been a distinct lack of fragrance off them, I can buy much cheaper candles with a similar lack of fragrance. It's a shame because they used to be so good. The only things which to me have a decent amount of fragrance these days at a sensible price are various wax tarts which I buy off Amazon. But I do miss burning candles.

I`ve only just noticed that on the tsv description there`s links to pdf`s giving the chemical composition of each fragrance. Is this something new ? I haven`t bought a Yankee candle in years so I`ve no idea if this is a regular thing. I know they had a lot of bad press a while ago about their ingredients.

Katy just said folk buy Yankee and Molton Brown because of the colour, not the scent. Eh? Also people fragrance co-ordinate their weddings! What on earth have I missed? I must fragrance co-ordinate my house, eau de dog and scent of socks (dirty of course). What balls.

CC

Katy just said folk buy Yankee and Molton Brown because of the colour, not the scent. Eh? Also people fragrance co-ordinate their weddings! What on earth have I missed? I must fragrance co-ordinate my house, eau de dog and scent of socks (dirty of course). What balls.

CC

Perhaps fragrance co-ordinated weddings was kicked off by Meghan, when she wanted to rid the musty smell of the church by spraying it with a floral fragrance !! (her Maj was not amused)

I`ve only just noticed that on the tsv description there`s links to pdf`s giving the chemical composition of each fragrance. Is this something new ? I haven`t bought a Yankee candle in years so I`ve no idea if this is a regular thing. I know they had a lot of bad press a while ago about their ingredients.

Oh, interesting. Never heard anyone mentioning this before. So you can now read which toxins you are burning.:mysmilie_19:

I think the PDFs have been there a little while but could be wrong. They have certainly been including a sheet listing the ingredients in every set I've received the past few years.

Come on, admit it. Who’s buying/bought which?

I have been doing my sums! Just ordered Seaside Woods and Moonlit Blossoms. I shall get some tarts elsewhere to go with. I want the Alfresco one in the housewarmer as it can pair with a Sunday Brunch one which reminded me of Picnic in the Park.

:mysmilie_59:

Mazza! Go for it and tell us what you thought. I wanted to buy but hey ho, realistically I can't. Enjoy!

CC

I have been doing my sums! Just ordered Seaside Woods and Moonlit Blossoms. I shall get some tarts elsewhere to go with. I want the Alfresco one in the housewarmer as it can pair with a Sunday Brunch one which reminded me of Picnic in the Park.

:mysmilie_59:

Can we come round???? I'll bring the picnic :mysmilie_59:

I didn't buy the TSV I was lucky to smell them not for me. I bought two Rylands candles one for me and one for my sisters birthday and I also bought some of the crystal holders. not much more than than yankee TSV with the postage and this will look and imo smell much nicer

Latest posts

Back