Why does Jilly Halliday always sit down?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Big Barbie

Registered Shopper
My Dh pointed this out the other day and she does always seem to be sitting on a bar stool. Is there a particualr reason ?

Auditoning for a westlife video if on a bar stool.

Naked from waist down if behind a table.

Ants in her pants.

Sore feet?

Doesn't she also wear flat shoes? I'd be inclined to agree with Erics Mum and say she's got back problems.

I always though that standing or sitting had got to do with what was being presented, I quite like Jilly's presenting style and not that bothered whether she is sitting or standing...:happy:

No sarcastic answer here .................

but she is a very tall girl, and perhaps she would rather be at eye level with her guests (far more polite) than tower above them - unlike Ms Huntley who looks STOOOOPID in her tottering heels, particularly when looking down on Lulu G !!!

However, she doesn't sit down when behind "the counter" that so many of them shield themselves behind, and anyway despite all the critisicm she evokes on here, she at least doesn't look llike Max Wall when wearing her safe black trousers and pumps !!!!

My first mpression is back problem but I think Brissles has a very good point about being tall.

I love Jilly - shes one of my favourite presenters - no airs or graces,no personal life....very soft...no shrieking,sarcasm,hair throwing despite her lovely locks - BUT she did drive me potty on a fashion show last night.She seemed surprised to fit in the medium sizes - but she never revealed what actually dress size she is - so whether she can get in a medium or large is totally irrelevant unless we know her dress size!!!

This makes me think she is conscious of her size.

Jilly is a good presenter because she doesn't inflict her personal life on us. I don't mind her reliance on stock phrases "Superb" "very very good indeed" and "right the way through" are fairly benign and she allows the guests to fill us in with info about the product. Maybe she sees it as the job it is "shop assistant" rather than a platform for her ego or a fashion show for her wardrobe. More Jilly please and less Jill Franks and Chuntley!

Jude xx

No sarcastic answer here .................

but she is a very tall girl, and perhaps she would rather be at eye level with her guests (far more polite) than tower above them - unlike Ms Huntley who looks STOOOOPID in her tottering heels, particularly when looking down on Lulu G !!!

However, she doesn't sit down when behind "the counter" that so many of them shield themselves behind, and anyway despite all the critisicm she evokes on here, she at least doesn't look llike Max Wall when wearing her safe black trousers and pumps !!!!

Sorry if my post came across as sarcastic,it was not meant to be. I also think that because Jilly is quite tall and have got the normal middle age spread I think she sometimes feels a bit awkward... (I will get me coat):giggle: ...

I like Jilly too. She goes way back to when I first started watching. I also like Catherine Huntley, and having seen her at the beauty bash she was nice but boy was she towering over everyone in those skyscraper heels.

Ha ha- some funny replies here.
I hope it really isn't because she feels too tall though. We tall girls should not be made to feel apologetic for our height. It very well may be the reason though. It's very hard work constantly bending down to hear what avaerage sized people are saying. I like her a lot. I have a bad back too but rather than sitting making it better it makes it worse but a lot of people get releif from sitting. Maybe it's just her personal style- and if so there's nothing wrong with it. we were just curious.
I wish she had said what dress size she wears too. The reason I watch fashion on QVC is so I can compare what styles look like on tall women :0)

Latest posts

Back