Why does Jilly Halliday always sit down?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jilly is one of my favourite presenters too, not that I watch much QVC these days! She comes across as a genuine sincere person but, more importantly, we never hear her say "I've only got x number of these to go round" nor do we see her blatantly begging for the product on air!!

Jilly is one of my favourite presenters too, not that I watch much QVC these days! She comes across as a genuine sincere person but, more importantly, we never hear her say "I've only got x number of these to go round" nor do we see her blatantly begging for the product on air!!

Excellent points BL and soooooo true, neither does she say shes "loving" everything, and "can't live without" everything.

I think Jilly is badly in need of an upgrade in her appearance as she comes over to me as being frumpy and middle aged. I don't have a problem with tall women wearing high heels its just hard luck for short asses like Lulu. Charlie is on at the moment with that Decleor woman and talk about the long and the short of course he's a man so that must be ok then.

I like Jilly. Maybe she just has the same motto as me .......

why run when you can walk (or better still, take the car)
why stand when you can sit
and why sit when you can lie down

....... and I'm not overweight, unfit or lazy ...... I just like to be comfortable and have an easy life :wink: :giggle:

She went from being fresh-faced to fat & frumpy in the space of a few years and being on a channel obsessed with makeovers, fitness and fashion, she should buy some of the stuff she flogs and it could take years off of her appearance.

Frumpy & middle aged ???? That begs another question, is 'frumpy' only used with being 'large', and at what age is now classed 'middle-aged'.

To me 'frumpy' conjures up a person who (in the eyes of someone else) does not dress fashionably for their age. Years ago, it would be compared to dressing like a Librarian or Sunday School Teacher - insulting to both professions !

JF is in her mid 40's - so she is middle aged and has long lanky hair, - she is also skinny and could be classed as anorexic, but would she be described as 'frumpy ' ?

Very few people now dress like their mothers did at the same age, my own Mum at age 40 would have passed for 65. We have a generation of 'pensioners' now who were the flower power kids of the 60's and were the original mini skirt wearers. However, I DO despair at the 'frumpiness' of fashions like Bob Mackie and the like that can make the wearer look old before their time.

She stood up to do the shapewear show last night ! Poor woman was told by the guest she needed a bigger size shapewear to cover her ass. How bad was that? Or did I dream that lol??

She is a heavy bottom half lady, more than the usual pear shape, and may find it easier to sit and take the weight off her feet and if allowed, more people should do that at work to avoid aching legs and feet.
I always feel sorry for feet,(anyone's feet).. they have to support all the body weight while standing and walking.....not only that we ill treat them by pushing and pinching them into unfit shoes :sad:
Poor feet, now I always treat them well and with respect :happy:

Jilly Halliday reminds me of Crystal Gayle, who sang "Don't it Make Your Brown Eyes Blue," many many years ago! Maybe her hair weighs loads. At least she doesn't gasp like Jill Franks. I wish someone would give Franks some breathing exercises!

Iv'e noticed for some time that she sits down - even though the the guest is standing, and her 'uniform' consists of black slacks, ballet pumps and a chosen top of the brand that is being presented or one of her own (when she presents jewellery etc)
She has beautiful hair but seems to just keep it long rather than tie it up - which gives a more groomed look in my opinion.
It comes across as, the least amount of effort required, then that will do. Having said all that the poor woman may have good reasons for all of this !!! As you say bad back etc.

. we ill treat them by pushing and pinching them into unfit shoes :sad:
Poor feet, now I always treat them well and with respect :happy:

I have just bought my fifth pair of the same shoes as they are dreamily comfortable and do not need breaking in. Bliss! Matalan, £18, leather Mary Jane style wide fit, with the bonus I need a size smaller than usual even though I have a wide foot.

Latest posts

Back