Who remembers Bruce Makowsky ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Oldies on here will remember many years ago the luxury soft leather handbags he produced, (while his wife created the trashiest cheaper version with chains and all sorts of hardware !!!)

Anyway, its nice to know that I contributed to his wealth, as his home in LA has been designated the most expensive property ever listed in the US, at £200 million ! Mr Makowsky seemingly is a property developer and handbag tycoon ! oooer, who'd have thought he would have traded on QVC. Should have hung on to my luxury bag - it might be worth double what I paid for it !

not to be confused with....

Mike Wazowski from Monsters inc!

Although...they've never been seen together in the same room, so they could be one and the same...not forgetting the rumours surrounding Yong Kim's identity.

Attachments

• mike W.jpg
    mike W.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 217
I remember him. I never had his bags but I had one of his wife's .Kathy Van Zeeland I think.
A bright shiny pink plastic number.i got it in Tie Rack.

I bought several of KvZ bags, vastly overpriced. His were very nice but even more expensive I had one but returned it.

Remember Lottie who was BA and eventually went to IW as a full time presenter.

She trotted out the same old same old. It was Kathy thinks this, and Kathy does that, Kathy wants this, Kathy likes that.
And the story about Kathy buying Bruce his company or some such thing.

And she was one of the first who coined that bleeding phrase of "handbag jewellery"

Oldies on here will remember many years ago the luxury soft leather handbags he produced, (while his wife created the trashiest cheaper version with chains and all sorts of hardware !!!)

Anyway, its nice to know that I contributed to his wealth, as his home in LA has been designated the most expensive property ever listed in the US, at £200 million ! Mr Makowsky seemingly is a property developer and handbag tycoon ! oooer, who'd have thought he would have traded on QVC. Should have hung on to my luxury bag - it might be worth double what I paid for it !

I had a B Makowsky bag too (but less of the "oldies" if you don't mind!). I think I still have it but haven't used it for ages. It's quite heavy, if I remember rightly. I also got a red KvZ bag in the Tie Rack sale years ago - it was £19.99 and is one of the less blingy designs which does actually look quite leather-like. Might dig it out as it was a practical shape too. Can't say I'd be rushing to buy from either brand again though.

I had a B Makowsky bag too (but less of the "oldies" if you don't mind!). I think I still have it but haven't used it for ages. It's quite heavy, if I remember rightly. I also got a red KvZ bag in the Tie Rack sale years ago - it was £19.99 and is one of the less blingy designs which does actually look quite leather-like. Might dig it out as it was a practical shape too. Can't say I'd be rushing to buy from either brand again though.

Certainly not KvZ - when I think what I paid for them but they were different from the run of the mill.

Apologies !!! I meant 'oldies' who had been trading with QVC way back when - of course we were both in our late teens early 20's then !!!
:mysmilie_17:

I also got a Kathy van Zeeland bag from Tie Rack at £19.99. Black with lovely print lining. Quite a plain bag no dangling bits and pieces.

I am sure you are all having a warm glow knowing you help Bruce buy his lovely home.:mysmilie_59:

Oh KVZ, then it was found out she had nothing to do with the bags made and designed in China. She was paid to have her name on them only.

I remember the name B Makowsky, but not the products they sold. The only bags I have ever bought from qvc is Kipling. Nice to see he made it without my support. :grin:

Latest posts

Back