Who’s going to the Feeling Fabulous With Ruth???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You can’t blame her for taking advantage of such events, money is always useful especially when your husband has a large tax bill.

Do you think she dreams them up herself or is she is approached via her agent to put her name to them and just shows up ?

I’m gobsmacked at the amount being charged to attend.
After all a lot of it, rather than entertaining or educational is brand promotional.
I’ve never attended any QVC events in the past, but I’ve always thought the fashion shows and say meet Kim, Craft Events with Dawn, jewellery events, food events, make up with Stacey Models Prefer, Pilates, gardening events and beauty bash etc. were free to attend? I took it none were apply and purchase priced tickets. But instead customers who spent a lot on beauty, with a fashion brand, purchased food, jewellery, makeup or craft items if they were a good customer got an invite to the event.

£125 ??? Blimey I remember it was only around £85 to meet Jimmy Osmond in person about 5 years ago. (a friend had a free ticket and she took me), and Ruthie is hardly in that category.
My children have treated me to a ticket to see Elton John at Anfield, Liverpool in June. Ticket was around £160. Great seats too. Compare this with going to see Ruth Langsford for £125????? What the actual!!!!!😁

About 15 years ago I went to Battersea to a fashion event - held in the foyer of Q's building. A runway was constructed with chairs either side. Simon W, and Elaine from Kipling were there, and it was interesting to see the presenters in the 'flesh'. Shocked that Dale is a 'shorty', Julia was reserved - perhaps shy, Chunts was probably a size 8 with one of her many hairstyles which on this occasion was shoulder length red corkscrew curls which she kept 'flouncing' in Miss Piggy fashion. Cloudia was elegant as she normally was. The sultry Renee was among the models and was amiably chatty.

There was a good finger buffet, and the goody bag was 'odd', which included a weird Kipling backpack with string handles, a QVC ruler and miniature teddy bear. I purposely did not go dressed in anything bought from QVC, but oh my, the amount of Indigo Moon jackets competed with the Kim & Co tops, and there was a smattering of Remy Martin (remember her ?) also on display.

Does anybody else remember when Gatineau invited a load of viewers into the studio for one of the shows with Andrew.
Don’t think it ever happened again. If I recall rightly they were all ladies of a certain age…fully coiffured and majority wearing so much make up it was impossible to see wether the stuff was doing them any good or not.

About 15 years ago I went to Battersea to a fashion event - held in the foyer of Q's building. A runway was constructed with chairs either side. Simon W, and Elaine from Kipling were there, and it was interesting to see the presenters in the 'flesh'. Shocked that Dale is a 'shorty', Julia was reserved - perhaps shy, Chunts was probably a size 8 with one of her many hairstyles which on this occasion was shoulder length red corkscrew curls which she kept 'flouncing' in Miss Piggy fashion. Cloudia was elegant as she normally was. The sultry Renee was among the models and was amiably chatty.

There was a good finger buffet, and the goody bag was 'odd', which included a weird Kipling backpack with string handles, a QVC ruler and miniature teddy bear. I purposely did not go dressed in anything bought from QVC, but oh my, the amount of Indigo Moon jackets competed with the Kim & Co tops, and there was a smattering of Remy Martin (remember her ?) also on display.
You have such interesting comments. On TV, Dale appears tall. Lifts in his shoes maybe? 'Shy' Julia is a surprise. A disappointing gift bag. Shame it wasn't filled with beauty products.

how many do you think will go? For a start you have to:

Be a Ruthless fan AND know Q exists

Have at least £45 to spend and if you are the sort of person this appeals to you will upgrade to the £125 ticket.

Live very near the event otherwise it will be very expensive to travel - for myself it would be return flights, train and taxi, food and a hotel - would I spend this x bliddy hell I wouldn’t to see Bruce Springfield or Bryan Adams so I’m as sure as hell not going to do it for Helmet hair.

How many of the tatty appy folk does that leave?

You have such interesting comments. On TV, Dale appears tall. Lifts in his shoes maybe? 'Shy' Julia is a surprise. A disappointing gift bag. Shame it wasn't filled with beauty product
Surely you will get a free helmet 🪖 in your goody bag,then the audience can all look the same for £45.00,or a special ⛑ helmet for the £125.00 champagne troops animal print lined of course.

I did go an event at Chiswick many years ago I think it was in collaboration with Good Housekeeping magazine.I chose the afternoon session as I had to get the train down to Euston and the worst part for me was having to get the deaded Underground! Pippa was the only presenter and was very chatty and friendly, they had Percy and Reed, Trinny & Susannah, remember their ‘fashion‘ offerings!? Came away with a goody bag, I know it was extremely heavy to carry.Enjoyed it but I think the ‘event’ was free, some ladies from somewhere like Surrey were amazed at how far I had travelled ( well the North!!) but as I pointed out my time travelling to London was less than theirs.

Latest posts

Back