where's me pies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

boffy

Registered Shopper
ordered the real pie company tsv last week. on wednesday morning shown as despatched. still no pies and its now friday. phoned the real pie company who say they cannot track qvc orders only thier own ....odd considering they are making the pies and are using the same courier. they have an ice pack which should keep them well chilled. potentially these pies can be out on the road for the best part of a week as i can only contact qvc next wednesday if they are not delivered by then. not impressed :mysmilie_10::

Sorry but I wouldn`t want any pie which has been on the road longer than 24 hours, chilled or not. Foodstuffs IMO should always be dispatched for next day delivery and it isn`t rocket science to do so. Lots of non perishable items are sent next day delivery but to me it should be top priority for food and perishable goods.

i spoke to qvc and she said that despatched may mean they are being baked ready to despatch i have to wonder about qvc sometimes i really do

Well they can`t blame the Christmas rush can they ? As for Q`s reply, I would have asked the CS person how would they like to pay top price for pies which they didn`t know when they were made, when they were dispatched and what condition they were currently in ? I might sound paranoid but my son nearly died of salmonella poisoning from eating cooked chicken which was obviously past its best. He was invited out for a meal and it put him in hospital for 3 weeks and the Doctor told us had he been very young or very old, it would have killed him.
Q should only sell food which can be traced from source, date of manufacture and to time of delivery.

Checked my order's page earlier in the week and saw my pies were dispatched on 11th. I then got an email on 12th to say they had been dispatched.

I'll be honest I was expecting them yesterday, but I really hope they come today otherwise that's all weekend in a chill box somewhere, as I have them being delivered to work and I don't work weekends.

i am appalled at the pie company and thier daft answer. we dont track pies made for qvc customers only our own. they should put that in thier spiel when trying to get us to part with our cash.

i am appalled at the pie company and thier daft answer. we dont track pies made for qvc customers only our own. they should put that in thier spiel when trying to get us to part with our cash.

Wow so they think more of there own customers than Qvc's, Charming!! I dont think they deserved a TSV after the problems with the orders at Christmas. I hope they arrive soon :)

Surely the 10-14 days to deliver is from date or order, not 10-14 days from when they were physically sent.
they should be fully trackable next day delivery - even the independent bakery in Cornwall that sells pasties by post uses next day delivery!

I'd refuse the delivery & get my money back.

Honestly, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. If they can't get them to you quickly and fully tracked then heck knows where they've been or who has handled them in the meantime!

Just shows how different companies operate.

I think I posted on here at the time that before Christmas, I placed an order through Q for The Tea Shed Christmas selection.

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...word=803915&uattrmb=&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

Anyway, the parcel never came and I got no help from Q at all, so I e-mailed The Tea Shed direct.

They were fantastic. Really helpful they were, sent me out another parcel immediately & I had my goods within 48 hours.
That is customer service IMO. Q could learn a thing or two from them if you ask me.

If they can't be fully tracked then you can't be sure where they've been and in what sort of temperature they've been kept at. I think it'd be entirely justifiable to refuse the delivery and (tapping into another current thread about 'the letter') ensure that QVC marks it down as a 'return' due to their error, not yours.

Their reply that they don't track QVC orders makes me wonder if they actually make the pies themselves or get a third-party to make and despatch them ? Sorry if I'm being overly cynical.

OP - if they don't arrive, you should ask QVC "who ate all the pies ?"

EM

Their reply that they don't track QVC orders makes me wonder if they actually make the pies themselves or get a third-party to make and despatch them ? Sorry if I'm being overly cynical.

OP - if they don't arrive, you should ask QVC "who ate all the pies ?"

EM

i dont think she should have said that very cocky she was to. like she was doing me a flavour

As Craftalot says, the pies need to be kept appropriately chilled otherwise they become a health risk.

From a H&S perspective there should be batch control and also adequate record keeping to ensure the goods are correctly handled.

I personally would not eat a pie that had apparently been 'in transit' for that long. Food poisoning is no fun.

Latest posts

Back