wait list

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I rang CS to see if I could cancel that compost. I did have to wait for fifteen minutes but expected to have to. Maybe I’m more patient that the ones who are complaining about not being able to get through.

However, I agree with you, that they should be able to provide goods (even if they take longer to arrive) if they’re apparently the No. 1 shopping channel. If they can’t then maybe they should all take a rest during the lockdown.

Not about pies to be fair, but I have used Ideal World's compost for 3 years now and find it very good. :) I ordered mine on the Sunday and it arrived 3 days later, this was 2 weeks ago.

I have had things on wait list and a few times they have come before I was expecting. Or should I say, before I wanted it to come out of my bank. :(

I have a couple of plant orders placed not due to come till middle of May, I hope so anyway. Can't really afford them till then. (I am silly I know).

Pies, ordered twice, never arrived, neither order was recently or in lockdown.

Compost from IW ordered within lockdown delivered within a couple of weeks and they've still got some. It's good. Richard's compost from QVC is also very good so if you've ordered and have to wait I'd still want it to arrive - it lasts until next season unopened (yes I stockpile before stockpiling even existed!).

CC

I’ve ordered compost from IW in the past and agree that it is good. I did look on their site, after I was told about the delay on the bag I’d ordered from QVC, but the quantity in the “deal” was far more than I need or could use. I’ve just looked on their site again via your link Susie and, although there is a photo of it, the page says “we can’t seem to find the page you’re looking for,” so I’m guessing they’ve now sold out. I’m hoping that I might have a small amount in the barn that was left over from last year’s IW order, but if not then I’ll make do with the compost from pots where the plants have conked out until I can get some.

Well, I’m a trifle surprised but also chuffed. I’ve just been in the barn to see if I had any compost left over from the IW order of last year and I couldn’t believe my eyes when I found an unopened bag of it in there. I honestly thought that I had used nearly all of it last year. 😳 So I hopefully have enough to pot my plants when they arrive,

If QVC aren’t able to cancel my order for me then I’ll have a full bag to put in the barn when it arrives and hopefully I’ll remember that I've got it next year. 😂

Next reopened their on line service last week but had to close it again as they couldn’t cope with the volume. Maybe Q needs to sell less but give a proper service.
I think Next closed because of H & S issues in their warehouse. They have now addressed these issues and reopened but they are limiting the orders taken each day and stopping taking orders when the limit is reached. Maybe if QVC are struggling they should do something similar.

I think to do this you probably need just 1 mode of ordering rather than CS/Qcut/App/web which Q have none of which seem to work terribly well. They can‘t cope normally so in a crisis there is no chance.

it would be interesting to know the % of parcels both in and out which are lost in the system in comparison to other online companies as there seems to be nothing but complaints on FB even at the best of times.

Back to the compost from QVC 😉 Whether or not they have managed to cancel my order or not I’m not sure, but I’ve just had an email confirming 22nd May as the date by which it will arrive, PLUS a £5 money off code for my next order for the frustration caused.

If it turns up, I’ll have a full bag for next year and, if it doesn’t, then I’ve still got 1/3 of the IW bag left over. Not sure if I’ll redeem the £5 voucher or not. Only time will tell.

I’ve just received the same email and code (which I’m unlikely to use). Despite what the email said this is the first communication 8 have had since ordering and not a mention of the plants.

I was able to get a couple of bags from Tesco this morning but they are awkward to deal with in a shop rather than backing up to the loading bay at garden centre.

Well, this takes the biscuit!!!

A courier has just delivered a parcel to me, but I wasn’t expecting anything (apart from the compost in late May. Imagine my surprise when I opened the thick paper bag to find the fruit bushes and seed things from the recent Thompson and Morgan TSV, which I did NOT order and which I don’t want as I have nowhere to put them and no desire to grow fruit bushes anyway.

However, the invoice inside the parcel clearly shows that the contents of the parcel is a bag of compost. 😳

I’m now sitting on the phone waiting for CS to answer my call. I’m telling them that I am not sending them back under my own steam but they can collect them if they want them back (although they’ll be returned in a black plastic rubbish sack as the packaging is now wrecked) No doubt some poor customer is wondering where their fruit bushes have gone. If they are sent back then they’ll be a dead as a dodo when they get back anyway. They had better not charge me for these!

Have just got off the phone. CS told me to keep them as they don’t accept plants back. Apparently there has been a mix up (you’re not kidding) and a lot of those ordering compost have received fruit bushes. The call before mine was about the same thing.

So ..... if you ordered the miracle gro compost, you may well get a surprise parcel of fruit bushes. 😉. However, she said we will still receive the compost by 22nd May.

All I’ve got to do now is to find someone to take them off my hands. Failing that they’ll be composted.

Have just got off the phone. CS told me to keep them as they don’t accept plants back. Apparently there has been a mix up (you’re not kidding) and a lot of those ordering compost have received fruit bushes. The call before mine was about the same thing.

So ..... if you ordered the miracle gro compost, you may well get a surprise parcel of fruit bushes. 😉. However, she said we will still receive the compost by 22nd May.

All I’ve got to do now is to find someone to take them off my hands. Failing that they’ll be composted.
Toril!! You can't bin plants. Are you getting a refund? I could take them (don't tell Mr CC) I could paypal you postage. Chucking plants out is like chucking wine out o_Oo_O

CC

They aren’t charging for the plants because it was their error, so I’ve been told to keep them. I’m keeping the two blueberry plants but not any of the others because I have absolutely nowhere to put them as my garden is choc-a-bloc. I’m going to ask friends if they’d like them and if they do I’ll take them over, put them on the doorstep, ring the bell and then retreat. 😉 (And I don’t drink wine - I’m teetotal, lol.)

Thank you for your mind offer though, candycane. 🙂

Latest posts

Back