Wheel of Deals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got my first refund yesterday from something they received back on 11th January, so that was 15 working days, its a long time to wait!
I rang them up this morning after I’d realised that I hadn’t had a confirmation email from them for a parcel I returned on 15th January. Apparently it’s due to go into my bank account on Tuesday. I returned a parcel to TJC at the same time and I had the refund on 24th.

I got my first refund yesterday from something they received back on 11th January, so that was 15 working days, its a long time to wait!
I waited once 23 days and in the end contacted Steve to complain. It is ridiculous and by law I think they have to refund within 14 days.

Refunds are very slow with Gemporia lately. I sent quite a bit back recorded as I wanted it signed for. They received and acknowledged quickly. Refunds took longer to receive back into my account.

I am actually concerned because we sent back two items and we have only received an email confirming receipt for one of them. I am going to wait until tomorrow and then chase it up on my mother's behalf. Other companies I buy from usually refund within 10 days at the latest, so 15 working days is absurd indeed!

I've had a note that the rest of my refunds have been processed today, but not the actual money in my account. They said to wait another 7-10 days for that. So 15 working days just for the refund to be processed and another 7-10 working days to get the money back. I'm actually shocked!

I've had a note that the rest of my refunds have been processed today, but not the actual money in my account. They said to wait another 7-10 days for that. So 15 working days just for the refund to be processed and another 7-10 working days to get the money back. I'm actually shocked!

I’ve had the same email, but they do go into the bank much earlier than 7-10 days. There is really no excuse for such lengthy delays on refunds. They either need to employ more staff to process the payments, or an upgrade in their system.

I’ve had the same email, but they do go into the bank much earlier than 7-10 days. There is really no excuse for such lengthy delays on refunds. They either need to employ more staff to process the payments, or an upgrade in their system.
I do hope so. To be fair, I don't send that much stuff back, but I've had a batch of stuff that needed to be returned!

Wow, those are shocking timeframes but it does not surprise me. when I was reading some Feefo reviews I encountered some people stating those exact timeframes. I am not expecting us to get our money back before March really.

I’ve got more items to return. I’m going to log and see how long it takes against their agreed terms to refund.

Got my refund yesterday! Yayyy!

Oh, I have been watching Amelia and things are getting stranger and stranger.... She talked so much that she ended up not having time to show all the Argyle diamond jewellery. She told people they would be available on the web and on the app.... But doesn't this defeat the purpose of shopping telly where theoretically you can see demonstrations or presentations of the jewellery?

Deasmum, so pleased for you! I’m waiting for one too, and had a call on Friday telling me that I hadn’t returned the authenticity card with a ring I returned. I told the chap I had returned everything. He asked me to check, and he would call back in an hour. He intimated that I may not get a refund, as these are considered a single item. I checked, but knew it would have been in the box, along with a hideous Destello Teddy Coat. I then remembered I’d had an email from them on 1/02/22 confirming receipt of the parcel and some old flannel about me not being happy with the purchase (I was not complimentary about the coat on the returns form or the Feefo review). So, they’d had my parcel for a week, but didn’t mention the missing card earlier. I couldn’t wait for them to call me back (really spoiling for a fight!). Well Matthew duly called me back, took my word for it that I had returned the card and confirmed he’d process my refund. So disappointed!! Any way, looking forward to receiving my refund 🤣🤣🤣

To imitate the average Gemporia presenter, oh my giddy aunt! That was quite an adventure, Kit10. I am so glad it got sorted out.
My adventure was with Royal Mail. One of my parcels had a track and trace that was never updated. I actually thought it had been lost, not least because I didn't receive any confirmation email from Gemporia either. Suddenly, however, I received an email saying that the money would soon be in my account. At the time I was preparing to place a compensation claims with Royal Mail!

I have had the experience of returning gemstones bought from Gem Collector and seeing the stone which is a one of a kind getting back on air and being sold before even being notified of a refund never mind a notification of a refund. As others have said I use split pay to be able to see a gem rather than paying full price to see it. We know that on the telly the actual size of the gem is not apparent even though the dimensions are shown on the item. Also when the stone is more of a mineral rather than a transparent gem the example received can often not been as attractive as the studio sample. I have no proof of it but I am sure that in most cases there is a 'studio sample' chosen for obvious reasons. Returns have always been accepted and processed in my experience. There have been occasions when I haven't received a notification of the return being received and have started to think that it was lost only to get a refund soon afterwards. So I have never had an issue but its not been consistently as straightforward as it should be

Latest posts

Back