What percentage of stuff do you return to QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
I hardly ever send anything back, am absolutely hopeless, e.g.:

Clientele stuff - stuffed full of chemicals, chemical sunscreens etc., went in the bin eventually, apart from the serum which I have been using up on my elbows (rather bizarrely!)! Why did I not just send it back?

Markon shoes - now they did go back, nasty cheap leather, painful to wear design, total p&p cost of 7 or 8 quid went down the drain there though!

French Heritage kit - hate the l'Occitane body lotion (lard), hate all the Decleor stuff, especially the awful Phytopeel (gave up & washed it off eventually!), hate the Melatogenine wash (nice to use but very drying I thought!), hate the Melatogenine eye cream & moisturiser (too sticky!), so I only really like the handcream which I could buy on its own! Why have I not sent it back yet then???

OK, so most stuff I buy I do actually like but I could find some fault with most things, (e.g. the cheap brushes in with the Benefit eye kit are carp or the clasp on the bargain snake chain I got is tiny, fiddly & a bit pants!) but looking at reviews, it seems many folk return loads of stuff at the drop of a hat if there is even the minutest thing they're not 100% happy about?

I don't even buy that much from QVC anymore but if I'm not happy with something then definitely, back it goes. I got the Laura Geller TSV before Christmas and only liked less than half of it so I used the bits I liked until a few days before the returns deadline then back it went! :3: Figure if I'm going to return it then I may as well get some use out of it.

I hardly ever send anything back, am absolutely hopeless, e.g.:

Clientele stuff - stuffed full of chemicals, chemical sunscreens etc., went in the bin eventually, apart from the serum which I have been using up on my elbows (rather bizarrely!)! Why did I not just send it back?

Markon shoes - now they did go back, nasty cheap leather, painful to wear design, total p&p cost of 7 or 8 quid went down the drain there though!

French Heritage kit - hate the l'Occitane body lotion (lard), hate all the Decleor stuff, especially the awful Phytopeel (gave up & washed it off eventually!), hate the Melatogenine wash (nice to use but very drying I thought!), hate the Melatogenine eye cream & moisturiser (too sticky!), so I only really like the handcream which I could buy on its own! Why have I not sent it back yet then???

OK, so most stuff I buy I do actually like but I could find some fault with most things, (e.g. the cheap brushes in with the Benefit eye kit are carp or the clasp on the bargain snake chain I got is tiny, fiddly & a bit pants!) but looking at reviews, it seems many folk return loads of stuff at the drop of a hat if there is even the minutest thing they're not 100% happy about?

Hi Kitten,

If you don't return the stuff you don't like why don't you offer it for sale in the Drop. I for one may be interested in the Melatogenine eye cream. You may not get the full amount that you'd get if you returned it, but better some money back than throwing the products away.

I definitely return things I'm not happy with because to me that's the whole point of having a 30 day mbg.

I expect I'll get The Letter soon. If I don't like something, back it goes, no hesitating. Especially with fashion. I won't buy something in a shop if it's not perfect so why should QVC expect me to keep something shoddy just for their percentages. Just recently they've not been stating clearly that items are dry clean only. That's two things I couldn't keep. They were both the sorts of items you would wear a lot and I can't get out easily and don't have a cleaners within reach of home. QVC could save a lot of returns by just giving out proper information instead of waffling about nothing.

I bought the 8 blue garden lights one of which doesn't work but I've put them all in the garden and can't be bothered to clean them all up and send them back. I wish if one thing is faulty you could just return that, but they won't do that will they.

If you don't return the stuff you don't like why don't you offer it for sale in the Drop. I for one may be interested in the Melatogenine eye cream. You may not get the full amount that you'd get if you returned it, but better some money back than throwing the products away.

Luckily the kit was on 'special offer' & the eye cream was only the teeny tiny sample size (5ml or something?) & although I was pretty sure I wouldn't like the Phytopeel I couldn't resist trying it anyway.....! (I suppose that is the point of it though!)
I think that one will have to go back, I can't justify keeping a kit where I only like the ruddy soap & the handcream! lol

I was a bit miffed about two way p&p on the shoes though, 'comfort fit' my a**e! :12:

Just recently they've not been stating clearly that items are dry clean only. That's two things I couldn't keep. They were both the sorts of items you would wear a lot and I can't get out easily and don't have a cleaners within reach of home. QVC could save a lot of returns by just giving out proper information instead of waffling about nothing.

That's true! Imagine if QVC were eBay sellers, they'd have like 3 stars (at best!) for everything, SNADs coming out of their ears & would probably have been suspended if not booted off completely for 'account failing'! lol

I rarely buy from qvc but i did buy the swivel sweeper and loved it thats until the handle snapped off and oddly enough i found a thread on here by another member saying the same had hapened to hers then loads of other people said they had problems to mostly with the handle so i returned it and had a replacement but after a few weeks that one broke to same place so again i sent it back for another replacement but what a palaver first mine wasnt collected by the courier so i had to phone then i had to wait till he came the following week (they wont sent out a replacement until they have the duff one back) so i waited for the new ones return but instead of the sweeper i got a bl**dy bedcover thing wronge parcel phoned again now i have to return wronge item before they'll send out my sweeper if i eventually get it and it breaks again i will be asking for a refund it'll be so much simpler but i wont be buying from qvc again thats for sure

#9 Good grief Milly, suddenly even eBay doesn't seem so bad......! :34:

Lol @ the waited for the new ones return but instead of the sweeper i got a bl**dy bedcover thing bit though! (No doubt you were considerably less amused however!) :15:

Very little as I don't order much and even then think before I jump in.

same here. i demand good CS from QVC, but i also make a conscious effort to be a good customer. The 30-day MBG is there to protect the customer, but does not give them a free licence to abuse it. overall, my QVC experience has been very positive...if only i could receive equivalent CS from other retailers!

KWC, i have to agree about Markon shoes. if it had not been for the high p&p, i would have returned the lot. but the actual cost of the shoes is not high, so i opted to give my several pairs to charity, all brand new and in the original boxes. i do not intend to purchase any more, though.

same here. i demand good CS from QVC, but i also make a conscious effort to be a good customer. The 30-day MBG is there to protect the customer, but does not give them a free licence to abuse it. overall, my QVC experience has been very positive...if only i could receive equivalent CS from other retailers!

I couldn't agree with you more watersiren! I do like to treat sellers/retailers how I would like to be treated myself & am also very fussy about what I buy (& who from) so I have very very few problems on eBay too, for the same reasons! (I'm just a bit wet when I do get something from QVC I'm a bit underwhelmed by & no, it's not often tbh!)

KWC, i have to agree about Markon shoes. if it had not been for the high p&p, i would have returned the lot. but the actual cost of the shoes is not high, so i opted to give my several pairs to charity, all brand new and in the original boxes. i do not intend to purchase any more, though.

Such a disappointment as the boots DD had were great but the shoes......! :26:

I don't often send things back, (maybe 6 items altogether since I first discovered QVC) but having said that I've sent back 3 items this week ...... some clientele stuff (that didn't do what they said it would,) a top that looked dreadful in white (while the same style in black looked good and so I've kept that) and a Kipling handbag (because I tried a new style and decided that it wasn't "me.") So .......... I'm half expecting one of 'those' letters in the near future.

I'm also waiting for a disclaimer letter because the GTech sweeper I ordered hasn't turned up, despite the fact I got an email telling me it had been despatched on 6th April.)

I've only ever sent 1 thing back, Birkenstocks coz they weren't a nice fit. I really don't buy much at all though and when I do I'm pretty certain it's what I want. I really grudge all the p&p expense. It's like hurling your £'s down the loo!

I really grudge all the p&p expense. It's like hurling your £'s down the loo!

you are absolutely right Petpixie. and it is the same from their side, too; if customers abuse the system, it is like hurling their £s down the loo. and a good customer has to have that in mind before taking a decision. afterall, the availability of cashflow is vital to the survival of any business and the quality of service they provide.

I have tried lots of the skin care brands and make-up and returned them if they don't do what they say or I don't like them. I like being able to do this as you cannot do this on the high st. As above I usually use them for the 30 days until I return as at least I can get my p&p's worth of product. Otherwise you end up with drawers full of carp that you can't or won't use. Now I know which ones suit my skin I do stick to them.

Did order a bracelet last week even though the reviews said it was crap though it looked nice - it broke as I was trying it on straight out of the package - am awaiting a return label for this as I am not paying the postage on that one!!!

I seem to have spells when I send several things back and then can go for months without sending anything back.

Ashamed to say I've been with QVC for around 14/15 years now and at the beginning found them to be ok but now I hardly buy anything at all as find them too expensive and the P&P charge is just far too over the top.

Anyway in that time I've only ever sent back around 5 or 6 items which are 2x pairs markon boots - couldn't get them on and the leather was horrible, teeth whitener which didn't work, a Gazelle Glider from years ago which they did pick up eventually, Bose in-ear headphones which I got a pre-paid label for as the right one stopped working and finally a Liz Earle TSV from around 1998-99 as I was stuck for money and so sent it back to get a refund. To this day I wished I had never sent the LE one back as it came with a lovely vanity case bag but I was desperate at the time.

I've sent two things back, one was a gold bracelet intended for my daughters 21st but there was a fault in it.
This week the Battery Buddy went back, appeared to be working but after the static light showing the full charge the battery's didn't work.

I do wish QVC wouldn't show as Returned stuff that has never turned up in the first place.

I send the occasional thing back to QVC. I do like this option, as being a blind person it gives me the opportunity to handle things, rather than just get a description on screen. I recently sent back a breezie bra, it was not what I expected, and I was most disappointed.

I also bought a Fran Wilson lip gloss set and sent it back, hardly any gloss comes out on the wands, yet I love her lip sticks.

Latest posts

Back