What action should QVC bosses take re the "slapping" incident?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What action should QVC bosses take regarding Alison Young and the slapping incident?

• No action, it was lighthearted fun.

Votes: 31 26.1%
  • A quiet word, its not the first time this has happened...

Votes: 23 19.3%
  • A formal reprimand for unacceptable behaviour... we have our eye on you Alison

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • Dismissal. Touve done it once too often love, get your cards.

Votes: 16 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What posters also seem to forget is that this website is not just dedicated to following QVC; there are many other forums for other shopping telly organisations, but you don't seem to get the extreme reactions from people on the IW or Sit-Up channel forums; I wonder why that is?

Well, you have got my dander up now K. Polti's at dawn I think. Dawn lower case K, not upper (I know your little asides now, preempted you there, sorry :cheeky:)

She didn't insult BB personally (though it may have been taken personally) she commented on the poll.. LP was insulted personally back, thats the difference.. There seems to be one rule for some here and another rule for others!..

she said pathetic and get over it

i said get stuffed

equally childish... but she started it! :happy:

are you leopard_print's minder daisy?

Well, you have got my dander up now K. Polti's at dawn I think. Dawn lower case K, not upper (I know your little asides now, preempted you there, sorry :cheeky:)

Loveinamist, please! I'm not that kind of boy! :blush:

Not without buying me a drink first, at least! :wink:

In my opinion the problem isn't that the majority of people have a problem with anyone's high or low opinion of Qvc presenters ~ it's just a certain few feel it's ok to then have a vitriolic pop at others who dare to put forward a differing view (as happened to me yesterday). I tootled into the thread quite happily to put my tuppence in and was met by a totally unexpected unpleasant comment.
I don't know about anyone else, but when you're overwhelmingly in the minority it does kind of feel as if you're being ganged up on. Another poster saw this and didn't like it. It's not nice to see that kind of pack mentality. It conjures up a witch-hunt scenario and leaves a nasty taste.
I don't like to see people picking on someone.... it's horrible :down:
As to the poll ~ A quarter of respondants seem to think along the same lines as me, so I guess I'm in a bigger (though more silent minority) than I thought.

In my opinion the problem isn't that the majority of people have a problem with anyone's high or low opinion of Qvc presenters ~ it's just a certain few feel it's ok to then have a vitriolic pop at others who dare to put forward a differing view (as happened to me yesterday). I tootled into the thread quite happily to put my tuppence in and was met by a totally unexpected unpleasant comment.
I don't know about anyone else, but when you're overwhelmingly in the minority it does kind of feel as if you're being ganged up on. Another poster saw this and didn't like it. It's not nice to see that kind of pack mentality. It conjures up a witch-hunt scenario and leaves a nasty taste.
I don't like to see people picking on someone.... it's horrible :down:
As to the poll ~ A quarter of respondants seem to think along the same lines as me, so I guess I'm in a bigger (though more silent minority) than I thought.

I agree: the same thing happened to me yesterday, and again today.

The trouble is, SOME people seem unable to express their opinion without dragging others down.

But Sazza has made the mods'/admin's stance quite clear: we can post opinions, but not be attacked for doing so. Nor can we attack others for expressing their opinions.

I'm more than happy with that.

But one final thing: people on BOTH sides of the discussion have had a pop at others. There's no excuse for that, regardless of how you may feel.

Putting aside any views regarding QVC or any of their presenters.

I honestly believe there's no value in their beauty expert presenter raising a hand or whatever to a model or companys guest.

I myself don't think it makes me buy a product nor does it provide more information or enrich my viewing experience.

So therefore I'm interested in QVC's view on why I should be subjected to this whilst watching beauty shows.

Also I'm interested to hear why they feel it is a correct manner to sell their beauty products.

Looking at the % of votes on this thread at the moment aprox 75% of voters wish some form of action to be taken.

Last edited:
I agree: the same thing happened to me yesterday, and again today.

The trouble is, SOME people seem unable to express their opinion without dragging others down.

But Sazza has made the mods'/admin's stance quite clear: we can post opinions, but not be attacked for doing so. Nor can we attack others for expressing their opinions.

I'm more than happy with that.

But one final thing: people on BOTH sides of the discussion have had a pop at others. There's no excuse for that, regardless of how you may feel.

Let's face it there are WUM everywhere we go, the thing to do is ignore them if possible, it has taken me a very long time to earn that lesson.

Oh well, all I can see is that at the time of posting this there are 109 responses to this poll and 80 of those feel some action must be taken.

Oh well, all I can see is that at the time of posting this there are 109 responses to this poll and 80 of those feel some action must be taken.

Phew, thanks for that. I had no idea where to turn to for guidance and I was beginning to despair.

Am I right in thinking this is the third time that AY has slapped someone on tv? In any other job she would probably have been fired by now! She cannot be allowed to get away with this sort of behaviour. I used to like watching her as she was very imformative, but now I can't abide watching her!!

franky speaking i think that qvc's human resoures department will deal with her. if sj wants to take legal action then she will. i dont think for a moment that qvc will be holding their breath regarding a shopping forum poll!

Am I right in thinking this is the third time that AY has slapped someone on tv? In any other job she would probably have been fired by now! She cannot be allowed to get away with this sort of behaviour. I used to like watching her as she was very imformative, but now I can't abide watching her!!

I have watched this last one and the hair pulling of Alexis plus I think I recall in the past making models skin red, kicking under the table, poking in the face of models and pushing a tube of something in a models face.
Maybe someone else will recall something else I think a hair dryer has been mentioned.

franky speaking i think that qvc's human resoures department will deal with her. if sj wants to take legal action then she will. i dont think for a moment that qvc will be holding their breath regarding a shopping forum poll!

It wasn't SJ, it was Lee. I don't think she will be taking legal action somehow.

What's happened to SJ ?

Despite all our protestations, & I'm sure they have had loads of emails & phone calls about that incident QVC are doing buggar all. She is clearly allowed to do what ever she likes because its all about this. ££££££££££ & how much she makes for them.

They clearly don't give a rats arse that she is loud, rude, overbearing, not very competent at her job now, looks a mess & will resort to using her hands when it suits her.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back