WEN Haircare TSV 27/4/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ali should Wen all the time, her hair looks healthier today than I've seen it for a long time!

Forgot to add I ordered just before midnight but I had time to cancel that order and reorder to get it on easy pay.

That Chaz Dean keeps saying you don't need to 'cleanse' your hair as often using WEN products. I have to say his hair is not a good advert. It looks greasy and lank and like it wouldn't move in a hurricane. No thanks Chas, think I would rather stick to my cheaper stuff!!!!

That Chaz Dean keeps saying you don't need to 'cleanse' your hair as often using WEN products. I have to say his hair is not a good advert. It looks greasy and lank and like it wouldn't move in a hurricane. No thanks Chas, think I would rather stick to my cheaper stuff!!!!

Yes hes not the best advert for the range , nither is the model with the shoulder length hair , her before and afters are the same !!

Hmmm i am tempted by the feedback of our own beauty experts Donna, Akimbo ect but not AY who changes her opinion depending on the products she is flogging but i am happy using Avon cheap as chips Morrocan oil products so i don't think i will order.

Hmmm i am tempted by the feedback of our own beauty experts Donna, Akimbo ect but not AY who changes her opinion depending on the products she is flogging but i am happy using Avon cheap as chips Morrocan oil products so i don't think i will order.

:mysmilie_497:I've ordered and am going to try it but it s only due to the rave reviews from people on here who always talk a lot of sense who've persuaded me to give it a try. I thought that about 50% of the models looked either no different or different but not better. I have thick, frizzy higlighted hair and am always trying to find the real miracle for my hair.

What about old Philip Kingsley, now there is a man who is really not a good ad for his products. Many created way back in the 60s and 70s, you would have thought they would have after years of use made a difference. Weird we all say that about all the hair care brands which come to QVC, Michael DiCesare was one that got the look at the state of his hair a lot. Denis Ojon has his shaved, the Percy & Reed one guy has a bald head the other wears a hat.

Chaz I will say uses the hair oils etc which we have not got over here yet as well. Me I just keep it simple the Cleansing stuff and the styling creme which is gives hair a soft like nothing in the hair look and feel.

I noticed AY saying last night that the deep conditioner is about a month's worth. I have been using my 2oz size since September and still a good bit in it. Yes I have short hair but I only use a small scoop about the top of a middle fingers worth.

I have 2 pots of the conditioner tubs since my first purchase about 4 or 5 years ago but I've only used it a couple of times a year (lazy as I said before) and with shoulder length hair I just apply to the ends from about half way down. The cleanser seems enough for my hair on a day to day basis.

I hope, if you buy it, you persevere for a fair few applications of the cleanser because it does take a while to find the right number of pumps and rinse (did I mention rinse?) really well.

If you still don't get on with the cleanser you can still use it as a conditioner after shampooing, or flog it on ebay where it gets pretty good prices even for tested bottles.

Miss Molly some of my favourite products are from Avon - I'm all in favour of cherry-picking from any brand that works. Avon do a couple of products that are unique to them which are great on my skin.

It's tough recommending products because they won't suit absolutely everyone so I hope if anyone has been convinced by Donna or me to try Wen isn't disappointed.

Lastly, the cleanser being slightly minty is lovely an cooling if you're having hot flushes (I drive the family nuts by turning down the temp on the shower) but a final 30 seconds of cool rinsing at the end of the rinse cycle helps close the hair cuticle and adds shine. It also means I'm not already sweating when it comes to blow-drying!

I used to use loads of Avon hand creams and their stick deo(which they discontinued but I had stock piled, I had to have the unscented one), no longer have a Avon lady. Using M&S Pure hand cream in a pump which I got for £2 250mls. Couldn't use the Avon facial products after I developed mild roseaca broke me out. I still have a bottle of Occur which I got for £2 some years back when they released it.

It's tough recommending products because they won't suit absolutely everyone so I hope if anyone has been convinced by Donna or me to try Wen isn't disappointed.

It's still caveat emptor, Akimbo, and even if it turns out that I don't like it, I'll not be passing the blame onto anyone. There is no way that every product is going to suit every person, but with all the waffle that QVC now come out with (which has now gone done the lines of every product is the bees knees for everyone), it's helpful when people say "I really like this because......".

In my opinion, one of the many ways that QVC has detororiated as it has grown, is it's laziness or greediness in trying to pretend that all products are the bees knees for all its customers. I have managed several businesses where we have had a depth of range in a particular category ie lots of choice of similar items. I've always made sure that the marketing and sales messages have made clear why you would want to choose one item over another, so that you can decide what suits your specific needs. Often, there is no such thing as a "best" product for everyone, but rather lots of very good items that can become your best item if you are helped to choose the right one for your needs.

Wise words Dips, I think QVC has grown into a money-grabbing monster with their "you have to have this and everything else" sales pitch. It wasn't like this in the early days; ofcourse they wanted to sell stuff but I didn't feel harangued into buying. AY still bleats on about being an independent expert but it's been years since I heard her tell a T caller not to buy an item. When I started watching about 18 years ago AY did listen to queries and give advice now she's become a shouty buy-it-all harpy!

Got mine ordered in the launch hour. Now I'm just hesitating over the styling collection. Wonder if he will ever bring the pets range over here, as it is available in the US. I would buy it for my boxers. Speaking of which, I currently use molton brown and ojon revitalising mist (and the WEN almond mint spray) to refresh between showers.

watching Chaz on right now and, I had to have a little giggle to myself, when I saw Jill carrying a tray with the tsv on it, following him over to the models. Gave the impression, that she was his assistant. Bet she likes that idea!

In my opinion, one of the many ways that QVC has detororiated as it has grown, is it's laziness or greediness in trying to pretend that all products are the bees knees for all its customers.
I agree! So often in a fashion hour we hear that a colour will suit everyone, a top will enhance a small bust minimise a large bust, we can dress something up or dress it down, obviously casual items are suitable for formal occasions etc.. If they were more honest people would buy items appropriate for their needs and there would be fewer returns.

Call me cynical but would the before shots look better with a brush through the hair?? Looks like they've scruffed them up for effect. I have wild, frizzy hair and have just found the Richard Ward shine Angel - what a lovely brush to use (and got great price and delivery via Amazon). Wish QVC would get Aveda back though....

Call me cynical but would the before shots look better with a brush through the hair?? Looks like they've scruffed them up for effect. I have wild, frizzy hair and have just found the Richard Ward shine Angel - what a lovely brush to use (and got great price and delivery via Amazon). Wish QVC would get Aveda back though....

I think sometimes they have brushed it but only for the curly or wavy hair so it frizzes out. Mine does look like that if I brush out my curls but obviously it's not really a fair representation!

I have mentioned this before but I am reverse washing.....pantene for coloured hair conditioner and then Pantene for stronger hair shampoo....i put the conditioner on and sort out all my other morning rituals ...so that conditioner works and then shampoo the conditioner off ...a small amount and massaging my head gently ....so far working a treat .....really was so sceptical about this and my hair get very frizzy or lank with too much conditioner.....i recemmend trying at to east 3 times to see if this works for you .....and rinsing properly of course:mysmilie_50::mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back