WEN Haircare TSV 27/4/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I dye my hair with nice and easy and the conditioner that comes with it is very good. Not sure it can be improved upon. However would like to try the Wen. Perhaps I could sell the rest on eBay if it isn't any better. Anybody else had good results with the nice and easy conditioner?

I colour using L'Oreal and hate the conditioner that comes with it. My hair feels hard the next wash when wet. I always throw it out and use my own conditioner since using Wen that conditioner. All I know is my hair colour seems to last longer with Wen, people ask if I just coloured it three weeks after I have. Also my hair seems to grow quicker. But then I stopped using shampoos with SLS in them long ago.

I dye my hair with nice and easy and the conditioner that comes with it is very good. Not sure it can be improved upon. However would like to try the Wen. Perhaps I could sell the rest on eBay if it isn't any better. Anybody else had good results with the nice and easy conditioner?

I use Nice and Easy and I use the conditioner which comes with it but I also use this shampoo and conditioner too. No perfumes, paraben free, non irritating, shampoo is sls free too, cheap and really good.
http://www.naturallythinking.com/products/Hair-Conditioner.html
http://www.naturallythinking.com/products/Shampoo-SLS-free-Extra-Mild.html

I've no interest in the intensive conditioner, so unless this tsv is under £50 I'd be better off with the trio cleansers

Two of the 16oz bottles sell for $40 + $7.22 shipping, £28.96 + £5.23, £34.19 total. I can't see the tsv being south of £30, without postage but would suggest, comparatively, and also to appeal to more customers, a price of £28 would be great. Some hope, and n:mysmilie_19:eek: hope!

Just a reminder that the UK Wen website usually has a sale in the summer and after Christmas, often 40 - 50% off the usual prices which makes it a good time to stock up on exactly the products you use. https://www.wenhaircare.co.uk/

I just checked my emails and the summer sale last year started on 13th June 2013 with 50% off the 480ml cleansers (rrp £26.95) and the same size was reduced to £17.95 in the Christmas sale. They quite often send me email offers on the basic sets but I really only use the cleanser and as I still have 3 bottles in my stock pile I'm not sure I'll buy the TSV unless it's a fabulous price ofcourse :wink:

Two of the 16oz bottles sell for $40 + $7.22 shipping, £28.96 + £5.23, £34.19 total. I can't see the tsv being south of £30, without postage but would suggest, comparatively, and also to appeal to more customers, a price of £28 would be great. Some hope, and n:mysmilie_19:eek: hope!

Ah but does that include the sales tax which is added on by each state its shipped to. I know NYC is 13% on top of purchase price. I am thinking the same as SCW £39+ and then no doubt shipping of around £6

Both the Almond & Mint and the Pomegranate are aimed at all hair types https://www.wenhaircare.co.uk/wen-uk-product-range/pomegranate - even looking at the other flavours https://www.wenhaircare.co.uk/wen-uk-product-range there doesn't seem very much difference between them, I'd go with the flavour that most appeals to you. I still come back to the original Almond Mint one and will probably stock up next time there's a sale. The Fig and to a lesser extent the Pomegranate remind me of Cherry Tunes. The Lavender and Tea Tree and nice and soothing in the summer and I didn't really like or dislike the Cucumber (which is aimed at fine or greasy hair I think).

I love lavender so that is my favourite and the one I am using at the moment, but I had no problems with the Almond Mint one.

I think the Aloe one is more for oily hair?

The Pom one says it has cherry bark which I remember from an Aveda conditoner, I could handle the smell of it.

I'm really interested in this. Just read their website though and its saying for my hair which is mid way down my back to use 32 pumps - 8 pumps per each section will the bottle not run out really quickly?

I'm really interested in this. Just read their website though and its saying for my hair which is mid way down my back to use 32 pumps - 8 pumps per each section will the bottle not run out really quickly?

I have said before on this topic, my hair is well below my bum and, believe it or not, I use between 1 and 2 pumps. Any more would be overload. If I followed Chaz's instructions, I would use a full 48 pumps at every wash. As I wash my hair each time I shower daily, it wouldn't last me 5 minutes and would, unquestionably, not be cost effective.
I know each of us like our hair to look different and, what one would consider to be healthy hair, another may feel is in bad condition so it is, to a degree, subjective. But I would suggest that everyone who uses WEN, just try a wash using only one pump; if it works for you, brilliant; if not, you have lost nothing, as your hair has still been cleansed.

In the very early days of Wen, Chaz even said apply once only and leave on for 10 minutes then rinse. I have tried this and it works, just as well as two applications. You follow his guide but once you get used to Wen you sort of develop your own method. Just make sure you coat the hair. I have short pixie crop and use three pumps which is more than enough, sometimes I will use a half pump as a leave in sometimes not.

You really have to rinse well and I mean rinse well, I think the problem some are having is not rinsing properly. The more you get into Wen the less you wash your hair. I love the styling cream, but then I love products that feel like there is nothing in your hair.

Latest posts

Back