WEN Haircare TSV 27/4/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Funny you mention H&S, I met an old friend for lunch the other day and she's been using H&S since she was given a bottle by one of the old dears she cares for and found it really suited her very fine and very thin hair. It's good as a detox prior to colouring (Johnson's baby Shampoo is too) and also good for fading hair that's absorbed too much colour and turned out darker than expected when dying. (I love the smell of original Vosene...takes me straight back to being 8 years old!)

I think I apply most of the wen I dispense at the root and massage there for 30 seconds and then work it through to the ends so it's predominantly emulsifying the oil at the roots so that it'll rinse away with water. Adequate rinsing is key, whatever shampoo and conditioner you use.

I never got any results using PK's Elasticizer as instructed as a pre-shampoo treatment (unless I leave it on overnight). A few minutes followed by shampoo would surely wash away any benefits? But I do find it excellent as a protein-replacing conditioner after removing permament hair dye with "ColourB4" - it's a harsh treatment (but never use peroxide and think it'll lift out dark hair dyes which is a recipe for disaster!) and the hair feel thin and brittle afterwards but the Elasticizer seem to work more specifically in this case to restore "substance", more than the richest conditioner for dry hair. I hope that makes sense?

I love the styling creme and the texture balm, make my hair smooth and shiny.

Oh dear reading the comments on the DM link they are not getting good results.

Have you not read the reviews for Wen on Qvc , alot of them are bad. I may order the Tsv just to see if its any good or not, Wen seems abit of a marmite product that people either love or hate, Unless the results are fantastic its not something I would use all year round as its to dam expensive.

Thank you ladies. Really helpful. I have mixed race hair. Fine but a tendency to go frizzy! Also coloured with low lights. I blow dry and use straighteners. When my hair is wet it's a mass of curls but never dries curly no matter what I do!! Am intrigued by this range and with Qs mbg seems a good opportunity to try.

You just can't tell til you try it. it seems to come in for a lot of nay-saying from people who refuse to try it which is a shame. I'm sure Chaz aims to make a good living from Wen but he also seems very committed to the concept. Gotta love that 30 day MBG for this kind of product.

Ojon now have their own version of co washing or whatever its called.

I doubt QVC would give Wen a TSV if it was not selling for them, mixed reviews aside if too many are returning its not worth them doing a TSV.

Percy and Reed some love it others think a load of crap, but horses for courses.

I have good results with WEN provided I use only 9-10 pumps. I have long blonde hair, colour it, lots of it but it's very fine. It took a few attempts before I got the right amount without it being greasy and a little while longer before I was able to wait more than every other day in between washes. However amazing results and lots of compliments. Far too expensive though.

As I said I was going to try reverse washing as in the DM (thanks for doing link Donna) I thought I would report back.
Used my old bottle of Ojon colour sustain conditioner that was in the bathroom. Used about twice the amount of conditioner I would normally used on wet hair, ensuring all over hai I had the rest of my shower and then rinced out the conditioner for a normal amount of time. Then I used a normal amount of shampoo-happened to be L'Occitane Rose Quattre Reinnes. Although it did lather, it was only a bit but it was enoughto wash out the residual conditioner. Then rince again- did not need too much rincing to get that squeaky clean feel. Hair was a bit more tangled but it was easily dealt with with my tangle teazer.

I never bother blow drying my hair, or use any heated appliances or finishing or styling products. I just let it dry naturally.

I have to say my hair is clean, shiny soft and feels like nothing is weighing it down. Time will tell how much time between washes or whether cheaper products will have the same result-but i have to say my hair is noticably better washing it this way than shampooing first. It us also hard to say if WEN is better. The same I would say. So depending on long term results then what will let WEN down is price.

I`ve done reverse washing for a long time. Years ago I worked with a lady who had gorgeous hair and I asked her what she did to make it so ? She said she bought solid organic coconut oil, the stuff you can eat not the cosmetic type of oils, massaged it into DRY hair, left it for at least 5 minutes then shampooed it out. I thought oh heck I bet that`s greasy but was prepared to try it because I have short hair, going grey and it often felt coarse because of the greys. I must say the coconut oil works a treat, doesn`t make your hair greasy at all and the reverse conditioning gives it lift. I don`t do it everyday and sometimes i Leave the coconut oil on for much longer before I shower and wash my hair but I still use it to this day. You only need a small blob, massage it between your hands until it turns liquid then massage through hair and scalp.

loving all the great hair tips ...i will defo try the reverse wash ...I'm using the H&S 2 in 1 at the moment as its quicker and I'm lazy ....i cannot go near heated appliances only when i have hair done at dressers which is once a month ...if i dry everyday ...a total disaster....and now i hardly touch the hair at all as much as possible as i read this causes all sorts of static and a bit of damage..I'm pretty sure it is working ...I'm:mysmilie_59: menopausal and my hair needs all the advice it can get thank you this is a great forum

when i say i don't touch it i mean when its wet ....minimum styling etc wide tooth comb ..and of course rinsing well always helps ....just thought id add that

Don't forget the Indian No Washing Self Cleaning method. You do not wash your hair at all, just plain tap water every so often. Your hair will get really greasy for the first month, then reverts and stays clean. But I don't think this will work if you colour etc.

I have finally depleted my Wen and, as I am eagerly awaiting the tsv later this month, have had to revert to my previously well performing Dr Organics. What a difference. My hair is frizzy, stripped of it's natural colour and, overall, in a poor condition. I only use 1-2 pumps of Wen, on my bum length hair, which is enough for me, and the deterioration in my hair's condition since stopping the Wen is unbelievable. Can't wait till I've got some more in the bathroom. At least I still have the styling creme/spray/mask. Lather free suits me; now when I see loads of foam in the shower, it feels odd!

I have finally depleted my Wen and, as I am eagerly awaiting the tsv later this month, have had to revert to my previously well performing Dr Organics. What a difference. My hair is frizzy, stripped of it's natural colour and, overall, in a poor condition. I only use 1-2 pumps of Wen, on my bum length hair, which is enough for me, and the deterioration in my hair's condition since stopping the Wen is unbelievable. Can't wait till I've got some more in the bathroom. At least I still have the styling creme/spray/mask. Lather free suits me; now when I see loads of foam in the shower, it feels odd!

I see a difference after using Redken's Cleansing Creme the two washes before dyeing. I used to look forward to using it pre-Wen as it always left my hair in nice nick (used alongside a protein pack). Now I much prefer my Wen'd hair.

I now have the Wen replenishing sprays in Mint,Orange Blossom and Six Thirteen which I mix with half a pump of the Fig cleanser as a leave in treatment,it's done wonders for my hair so I hope Q will be getting these in stock as I purchased from America,it also helps that I am doing the reverse washing with a SLS free shampoo.
Lynn :mysmilie_7:

here we go as ive had this a few months this one as some of you know & also it will be on 4 easy pays as its the beauty day tsv (though everything on this day will be on 4 easy pays) so that means no auto-delivery

Wen 4 Piece Heroes Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.205237

you get the following

1x 480ml pomegranate cleansing conditioner
1x 480ml sweet almond cleansing conditioner
1x 56g pomegranate remoist intensive hair treatment
1x 56g sweet almond remoist intensive hair treatment

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/uk/2/37/205237.001

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/uk/2/37/205237.002

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/uk/2/37/205237.003

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/uk/2/37/205237.004

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/uk/2/37/205237.005

Have given Wen another try with the Six Thirteen cleanser and it's the best one for me smells lovely too,hope the UK stocks it.
Lynn :mysmilie_7:

Wont be buying this TSV , only want to try the cleansing conditioner, don't want the two small size products, I thought with Wen having the TSV on beauty day it would have been a better collection , Litre sizes would have be nice.

Been having great results with the reverse hair washing so my money is safe

Latest posts

Back