Watch out China - Del Boy is coming!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I daresay wealthy or middle income Chinese will still prefer to travel and buy their branded designer items abroad but millions of Chinese will never have that opportunity so I should imagine Q does a roaring trade in cheaper alternatives. It`s like one big market stall, especially to those people who live away from large towns. By the look of it I`d say much of what they`re selling is actually made in China, such a pity not much of what`s on QVCUK isn`t made here.

I'd be interested to see what selling techniques they employ. It's one thing for DBF to train them in QVC's hard sales techniques, quite another for the scrupulously polite Chinese to accept, particularly if they're told to interrupt in order to put their pitch across all the time, as QVC UK presenters are fond of doing. I imagine she'll readopt her posh voice to gain a few brownie points and kudos with those who love British high end brands.

According to google , the Chinese state owns 51% of the venture so they will always have final say on whats sold and how it`s sold. That will probably be why so much of their stock is obviously made in their own country and I should imagine they`ll limit imported brands. A lot of their clothing looks like utility stuff, A line dark skirts and so on but to your average Chinese worker I should imagine its the norm.

I see they have Suarti, Skagen, Honora, Clogau, Nina Leonard and Lock & Lock. I don't recognise any of the others.

Well Clogau and Honora are already made in China and the others probably are too.

I would imagine prices will be much cheaper in China, as most of the stuff is made there and there wont be any transportation costs.

Last year I was in Japan, and they have 100 Yen shops (70p roughly 100 yen) - and they knocked our Pound shops into a cocked hat ! eg. large storage boxes with lids, over here anything up to £10 - in Japan 70p !!! so if you are a Westerner, have western wages and live in China, you could mop up with the prices !

I`m hoping sending her to China will be an all around good thing.
It will do her good not to be able to practise all of her on screen bad habits such as constantly reading her ipad, begging for texts, talking about facebook groups, mentioning her mates, promoting her books, not being able to be rude by interrupting, finger wagging or hysterical laughing.
It will do Q UK some good to have other presenters filling her slots and testing their mettle by being out of their comfort zones and that QVC UK won`t fall apart without her.
It will do her FB groups some good not to have her trying to flog her wares to them all the time, talking down to them like children and telling them what a " nice " bunch they are because they do as they`re told.
It will do Q`s own facebook page some good because there`ll be no need for 100 post threads complaining about DF`s behaviour/groups/influence etc
It might encourage people to watch Q again and possibly spend money whilst she`s away instead of turning off the TV as soon as they see her.
We`re all going to be winners for a while !

I`m hoping sending her to China will be an all around good thing.
It will do her good not to be able to practise all of her on screen bad habits such as constantly reading her ipad, begging for texts, talking about facebook groups, mentioning her mates, promoting her books, not being able to be rude by interrupting, finger wagging or hysterical laughing.
It will do Q UK some good to have other presenters filling her slots and testing their mettle by being out of their comfort zones and that QVC UK won`t fall apart without her.
It will do her FB groups some good not to have her trying to flog her wares to them all the time, talking down to them like children and telling them what a " nice " bunch they are because they do as they`re told.
It will do Q`s own facebook page some good because there`ll be no need for 100 post threads complaining about DF`s behaviour/groups/influence etc
It might encourage people to watch Q again and possibly spend money whilst she`s away instead of turning off the TV as soon as they see her.
We`re all going to be winners for a while !

Shes taking that surf easy thing with her so she can still access FB :(

I wonder if the 'lesser starlet' Q sales assistants will be more relaxed on and off air in their work, while Qs finest is selling take aways to the good folks of China?

I still vote for Alan Partridge to cover.

No matter how wonderful DF thinks she is, QVC will not fall apart without her even if she got a one way ticket. Hopefully, a break away from QVC UK will make her realise that her sales tactics, incessant tweeting etc etc are not what a lot of viewers want and I'm sure that those of us who switch channels won't be doing that in her absence.

Latest posts

Back