Twitter Apology Issued

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Looked like her tweet on Sunday had caused upset. :sad:

Good on Julia for making her twitter apology.

:up:

Hope all are back being friends in presenter land :mysmilie_513:

I think it was something about the England team losing the football, and think she made a remark to

Debbie Greenwood about her husband, if i read it right. Check it out on twitter, sorry i cant do

links

Debbie said her husband was happy with football result as he supports Italy and Julia sent tweet saying

"He should be ashamed of himself - if he doesn't like England why live here?"

To which Debbie replied that Paul is half Italian and half Scottish hence why he supports Italy!

With the amount of money each England player receives in wages they should be scoring goals time and time again -

Imagine each player was a brain surgeon on a similar salary , and each potential goal a patient who lived................... No prizes for guessing who earns their money !!!!!

Oh to have been a fly on the wall when the negotiations were going on behind the scenes to persuade Julia to issue her apology. :grin:

I think that was a very harsh comment to make to one of your work mates, much as i like Julia i

think it was an insensitive remark to make, hides away from Julia"s followers :cheeky:

If I knew anything at all about football, I'd probably support Nottingham Totspur, which I think is known as Spurs

Last edited:
Football sends lots of people round the pipe! Julia's tweet wasn't that bad but if it caused offence then good on her for apologising in public. I think if you say something in public to offend then the apology should be in public too.

Sounds like a storm in a teacup to me though.

I think the original tweet was offensive. If Debbie Greenwood wants to broadcast the fact that her husband has more of an allegiance to Italy, than the country that's employing him and his wife, and educating his children, then she can only expect comment from anyone who is proud to be English.

But given that she's a professional scouser, always going on about how brilliant liverpool is, whist choosing to live in the affluent south it doesn't surprise me.

If they feel so strongly about Italy, or Scotliand for that matter why don't they go and pay their taxes there?

I think it's a big fuss over nothing!! We can't say any bl**dy thing these days without someone throwing a hissy fit and getting offended. I wouldn't have taken offence if a colleague had said that to me. But I think I may be one of the lucky people that doesn't get offended unless someone directly calls me something nasty!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

If I went to live in Italy, and worked there, and married an Italian, I would still support England in the footie and would be glad if they beat Italy. Nothing wrong with that.

:flower: Thats what i like about this forum. You start of thinking one thing and then as the comments you

on you realise, yes thats right also. So you live and learn more here. Glad i"m not lurking anymore :flower:

If you were half Scottish, half Italian, and lived in England, which national team would you be tempted to support? I only wish I was half Spanish!

Think Julia's tweet was rude and unprofessional, and I'm glad that she was 'persuaded' to apologise. So, will she now apologise to all the models, presenters and guests to whom she's been bitchy? They'd have to give her a three-hour slot all to herself...

If I went to live in Italy, and worked there, and married an Italian, I would still support England in the footie and would be glad if they beat Italy. Nothing wrong with that.

Yes, my gang do exactly that. We live here. The 3 men of the house are football fanatics and being English, support England not Ireland. I am half and half and did not support either of them! I wanted Holland to win. It was a bit of a childish remark by Julia. Anyway, Germany will probably hammer Italy on Thursday night.

And furthermore I expect Julia wod support England fervently if she lived and worked in italy and was married to an Italian. It was a foolish thing for her to say and she was quite right to apologise.

Latest posts

Back