TSV Czech Cooker- ??Remoska?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Response from QVC Land re dimensions

Thank you for contacting QVC.

The measurements for item 829635 are 24.5cm x 9.5cm.

I hope this helps.

Hmm I guess the negative with this is that it's from QVC and not Lakeland. If one of these went wrong nearly a year down the line I guess it would be highly unlikely you'd get a replacement as they wouldn't sell it anymore. I wonder if it's by the same manufacturer.
I know I'm a bit late with this, but when I saw the TSV on QVC I thought it was a little cheeky & how QVC doesn't realise that the excellent customer service you get from Lakeland means it has loyal customers

I have had a Remoska 12 months now although a couple of monthe ago I noticed the non-stick was wearing off so I took it back and they gave me a new one. The lady who served me told me that Lakeland liked the Remoska so much they bought the company that make them and built a new factory as well ( in eastern Europe). I would not be without one and have cooked and baked almost everything in it.

When I saw it I thought at first it must be from Lakeland as they are they only ones who have it. I spoke to Lakeland yesterday and mentioned the tsv and she said she'd had a few people phoning them about it. She said they were going to be in contact with QVC about it and the manufacturer as Lakeland are supposed to have exclusive rights to the product. She said it wasn't really the same as theirs and also you can't beat them on customer service.

Did anyone buy it from QVC in the end?

I suppose it wasn't exactly the same, it had a temp dial and the lid was slightly different, apart from the different size. I'm still tempted by a Remoska, though...

I've got one of those giant Palson cooker thingys. It only cost about 18 quid from IW and I've used it and used it. I've got a huge family and you can stick such a lot in there at once, it's great:up2:

I've got one of those giant Palson cooker thingys.

Have you got a link to a pic of it Rozzy?

I couldn't (or wouldn't) afford the Remoska, but before the Good Housekeeping forum was trashed by the publishers (it was a brilliant source of advice from "serious" housekeepers) I asked about it there and was told that the Flavorwave type was more versatile, bigger, and cheaper. I got the cheapo Elitech version from bid.tv for £23 inc. It's handy and has a stainless steel "bowl" instead of glass, good for me cos I break things :tongue2:

The Flavorwave type really need a handyman in the house to take the lid apart and clean it, and to replace the bulb when it goes.

That reminds me... I'm hungry :dull:

clemenzina

Of course! My brother's got a very old Sunbeam like that - it's kinda like an electric frying pan.

Thanks Rozzy :)

clemenzina

I see on Kathy Taylers blog that they are going to re-TSV it about Nov 25th. I really think I might get one as I loved the demos but couldn't stretch to it at the time.

Did anyone buy this when it was the TSV in July? Noticed on the item page there is only 1 review, odd considering it was a TSV. I'm still tempted, as it sold out last time before I got round to ordering.

I had a look at the site mentioned by Kathy this morning - czechcooker.com. What is the quality of Total Chef products? They don't sell the cooker on Amazon.com but there are reviews there on other items that are not particularly good. I am tempted by the TSV because of the lid holder.

I have talked myself out of this. One reason is that it is a 3ltr with a 20cm pan. The Remoska is a 2ltr pan with a 23cm size. The Czech one is smaller and deeper, so will it cook as well?

I was tempted by the idea of a larger version of the Remoska, and the price is very attractive, but I agree, the pan is the wrong dimensions. I may have got it if it had been wider and shallower, but at the end of the day it isn't a proper Remoska and we don't know if it would function as well, so I am not bothering.

i tend to stick to branded stuff with qvc.

sometimes someone will make a looky likey item and sell it to qvc but if you know what you like stick to it as it may not be as good as the fab demonstrations are telling us

it looks very gross the thermostat thingy me bob. very cheap looking like something you would pick up in a market stall in the 70's.

lakeland look like they are selling the real deal and literally give you an unconditional guarantee.

TSV Czech Cooker?? remoska

Did anyone buy this when it was the TSV in July? Noticed on the item page there is only 1 review, odd considering it was a TSV. I'm still tempted, as it sold out last time before I got round to ordering.

I noticed that too Concordia, very odd for a TSV that allegedly sold out. maybe these are all the returns they are flogging off!

I have been wanting a Remoska for ages, would have bought this, the size is between the Standard and the Grand, but they are not selling the extras or the recipe book, so will wait until I can afford the real thing.

Latest posts

Back