TSV an hour early? Is this a first?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would avoid it like the plague if you have a nut allergy, just to be sure. Not worth the risk IMO . sorry

Thanks for that Sparkly. I don't have a nut allergy thank goodness but I just wondered if it would be a problem for people who do. Personally, I agree with you.

Okay on facebook they said 106,000 units sold last Elemis christmas TSV.

So more units this time. Someone is saying those buying 4 are sad and greedy.:grin: Waiting for her to be ripped to shreds. Some suspicion how QVC can sell this so cheap.

i echo that sentiment it is very cheap. the pmc on its own is more than the value of the tsv. wouldn't it be funny if it was a made for qvc product. elemis is expensive stuff!

The mark up on beauty products is massive - these products cost pence to make. The price is inflated to take into account of packaging, marketing and advertising. If you're going to market your product as a luxury brand, then it needs a luxury price tag! You won't convince people to buy a luxury brand if the price is perceived as cheap - its the whole psychology thing. Now, Elemis must still be making a whacking profit out of these TSV's because the production costs of each product is very low in any event. Whilst their profit margins may be narrower selling the TSV as opposed to selling the individual products at full price, this is offset by the massive volume of sales this TSV will generate. Elemis and QVC would not be selling the TSV at this price if they were not making a whacking profit out of it.

Some people are suspicious about the quality of the products given the TSV price - if the price is so "low" then the quality can't be good or its a special "made for QVC" product, with the implication that the quality is rubbish. Nope. It goes back to the psychology bit - if its too cheap, it can't be premium or presteeejus skincare and something must be wrong with it. In fact it is the same as the "full" priced stuff, you're just not being ripped off as much for the same product. Quite frankly, anyone who spends £49 on a 30ml pot of moisturiser has more money than sense.

Today's QVC TSV sales must have raked in thousands upon thousands of pounds in profit for Elemis more so than they could have done in many years by themselves .

I'm quite exhausted by all the hype and histeria surrounding this TSV and will be glad its over.
Its easy to see its their Best seller in the year, the hype before it, the slow reveal etc., so
its sad really that QVC have this one best seller, and the rest of the TSV'S are poor and
boring in comparision. So comeon QVC up your game, and give us more of the old TSV'S
we had in the past. We need more than this , to keep us interested. Move with the times

I havent ordered or even seen a presentation. I am so proud of myself! Whenever I think of it I seem to be talking myself INTO it rather than OUT of it!! I checked my New CID travel case last night, where I keep my beauty stash, and I have 3 PR cleansers and a Frangipani shower gel. I have half a litre of ep and jasmine SBC shower gel on the go, along with Philosophy Gingerbread man, L'O almond oil and yet another Frangipani. I WILL NOT be buying this kit!!! I need pcmc but I'm off to Aldi for their blue hydra stuff which is very similar.

Ah...and breath....

:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have ordered the TSV but the overboard hype on Q is ridiculous. I wonder how the other skincare brands feel about it.
I always got the impression Decleor and Gatineau were. the "chosen ones"

It shows how the other brands which used to be so big coming up to christmas are not selling out.

Liz Earle,L'Occitane both guaranteed to sell out mid afternoon are not. Okay L'Occitane is turning into what Molton Brown used to be, same old same old in each TSV. People like Cherryblossom so it has to be in every TSV. I don't like it myself. Find their Shea Handwash actually drying. I prefer to wait until the local store has 20% off all stock and buy what I really want.

Not sure if the Decleor TSV sold out????? But people are complaining about small sizes in TSVs and Decleor does put a few Try Me's in such as 5mls. I have seen people complain about that,saying you can get those free on a counter.

Elemis because you are getting the full size retail products I think makes people jump at them. Okay Timetospa has had twice 25% off full size products which is brilliant!!!!! I admit I bought two facial washes. Debenhams have 10% off within a few weeks and you get 400 or 1000 points on your beauty card if you spend either £40 or £50. People love that. Nailprincess was selling off at amazing prices some of her Elemis stash and I did buy. I kept saying I would not buy this TSV, though I used the products in it(well never tried the Dry Oil as I said before. Have a home for it if I don't like). But the price at easy pay was just too good for anyone who does use the brand. Oh I have never paid full retail price for PCMC or the night cream. The bath stuff I get on offer and 5 free Try Me sizes which used to be 100mls.

Agree with everything Flamenco said above - I have never paid the full individual price for any Elemis product, though I use much of the range constantly & whilst Keeley is sitting there telling us how much it would add up to buying it 'direct from Elemis', I am mentally adding up what it would cost me on eBay, which is usually 20 odd quid for PCMC, never paid more that £25 for it!
Bath stuff about a tenner (max, pref. a lot less! lol), cream cleanser £10-15, only time I've paid the full 27 quid for it was from a seller who was including a full size apricot toner in with it for that price! Rest of the time I manage quite well on the rather more realistically priced kits & TSVs from QVC, it would never occur to me to fork out their price for an individual PCMC, not a hope in hell of that, ridiculously overpriced for what it actually is & what it actually contains, they all are!
:taphead:

Thanks for that Sparkly. I don't have a nut allergy thank goodness but I just wondered if it would be a problem for people who do. Personally, I agree with you.
The allergy tests are done by placing tiny amounts of substances on your arm, and if that reacts you have an allergy to that substance, so I woudl assume putting it on your skin would not be a good idea if you are allergic to nuts?

There is hard sell & then today's HARD sell with the Elemis TSV. AD was practically orgasmic, it's only bottles of creams etc.Elemis frequently seem to have offers, I once used but am not paying these prices anymore.The TSV is 'bulked'out with body products which I could take or leave, in this case leave ( more for those who want to multi buy!!)

Latest posts

Back