Tova

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MaryMary

Registered Shopper
I think she may be well over 90....or even 95

Ernest Borgnine loved her so much that he travelled the world searching for jewels for her 😀

MM (QC) please don't make unsupported assumptions or allegations as in this thread and the Julia thread. Opinions are subjective, facts aren't.

I think Tova was a lovely looking woman who has turned herself ugly. She looks awful and should have grown old naturally. I think she would have been an attractive elderly lady.

Just watching the show now - I wonder if Tova can still close her eyes when she sleeps...

I expect they're building a professional 'friendship' between Debbie Flett and Tova so that Debbie can front the brand in years to come, and regail the viewers with her tales of Tova coming to her house etc. I was slightly put off by the tale of Tova looking incredibly glamorous in her fur coat.

I like her. She is very lady-like. I have her original Tova Signature, hasn't gone off after all these years and I love it. Saving the last bits for, well I don't know what for really, I just don't want to finish it. I know I am daft. :)
I’m the same with my candles. I’ve got one left of a small Yankee Garden Hideaway and I know it’ll still be sat there unused in the cupboard on the day I die. Absolutely ridiculous really but I just can’t bring myself to burn it.

I’m the same with my candles. I’ve got one left of a small Yankee Garden Hideaway and I know it’ll still be sat there unused in the cupboard on the day I die. Absolutely ridiculous really but I just can’t bring myself to burn it.
Make sure you let someone know to burn it your wake. Or take it with you 😉

I can totally believe that @boffy. As much as I like to take the mickey out of the lightning bolts in her hair, and her parfams, she exudes natural elegance and more importantly, genuine warmth and kindness. She's obviousbly worked hard for what she has and while it's obvous she enjoys the finer things in life, she emanates sincere humility and gratitude. I always like to catch the end of her shows, particularly when she's signing-off at the end of a visit because she's so lovely and conveys authenticity, heartfelt good wishes and thanks. A Tova hour always leaves me feeling aspirational - I've just trained myself over the years, not to jump to the phone or to tap the app as much as I used to back in the day :giggle:

I like her. She is very lady-like. I have her original Tova Signature, hasn't gone off after all these years and I love it. Saving the last bits for, well I don't know what for really, I just don't want to finish it. I know I am daft. :)
If you're daft I am too; my favourite perfume was Per Una Originale & I was gutted when it was discontinued. I've asked M&S to bring it back, in fact I've begged & nagged but I know it'll never return. It's one of my saved searches on eBay & occasionally a bottle appears. I've got a tiny amount left but only use it for sniffing & little granddaughter always asks to "Fwell that lovely bottle". I like lady-like, courtesy & good manners.

Shes beautiful in real life. Slim but not too thin and very tall and elegant. She's far better looking than on the TV and a more lovely person you could ever meet.
What a lovely comment 💐 I've known a few people who had TV jobs &, as with photos, some looked far better in real life.

I had a bottle of the original Tova perfume and hated it. I took it into work and left it in the staff room where things usually went missing overnight. The perfume was still there when I left the job and obviously people were spraying it and hated it too. To me it was a cross between fly spray and toilet freshener. Awful stuff !

I remember it, never bought, but for some reason made me think of Blue Grass original. Both been reformulated now.

I remember years back when she did the hair care range, saying she had cancer and developed the hair stuff to help get her hair back in condition, which it did for her. Then QVC bought out the brand discontinued the makeup, haircare and skincare.

Also remember just after 9/11 she was the first US brand that actually came to the UK and thanked the UK for their help.

Latest posts

Back