Tova

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had a bottle of the original Tova perfume and hated it. I took it into work and left it in the staff room where things usually went missing overnight. The perfume was still there when I left the job and obviously people were spraying it and hated it too. To me it was a cross between fly spray and toilet freshener. Awful stuff !
Exactly the same for me too. I bought a selection of minis and didn’t get on with any of them. I didn’t even feel I could give them away they were so awful. But perfumes do react differently on different people of course.
I remember it, never bought, but for some reason made me think of Blue Grass original. Both been reformulated now.

I remember years back when she did the hair care range, saying she had cancer and developed the hair stuff to help get her hair back in condition, which it did for her. Then QVC bought out the brand discontinued the makeup, haircare and skincare.

Also remember just after 9/11 she was the first US brand that actually came to the UK and thanked the UK for their help.
So not a lot of respect for the brand’s heritage then!

I have to say I dislike all the harsh words about Tova. She wears Couture clorhing because she can afford it. She is from a Hollywood background of style, elegance and manners of the type we never see these days, or indeed for many years past.

I collect bags have done for many years, I must have spent thousands over the years. It is, and has always been my ambition to own an iconic 2.55 flap bag by Chanel, perhaps one day. When I see Tova I always wonder how many beautiful bags she has, and 100% certain a lady of her style and class will have a classic Chanel, perhaps even in different colours as well as Hermes. Not all well known designer bags hold their value but Chanel, Hermes and Louis Vitton are the main ones.

I love her elegance.

Long may she continue!

Last edited:
She's been saying that her skincare would be coming back for several years now. I rated some of the products really highly and they were very affordable compared to some of the other brands - perhaps that's why Q discontinued them... I noticed a few different packages on the shelves behind her, on yesterday's show and they didn't look like parfum bottles so maybe it's finally on its way...

I have to say I dislike all the harsh words about Tova. She wears Couture clorhing because she can afford it. She is from a Hollywood background of style, elegance and manners of the type we never see these days, or indeed for many years past.

I collect bags have done for many years, I must have spent thousands over the years. It is, and has always been my ambition to own an iconic 2.55 flap bag by Chanel, perhaps one day. When I see Tova I always wonder how many beautiful bags she has, and 100% certain a lady of her style and class will have a classic Chanel, perhaps even in different colours as well as Hermes. Not all well known designer bags hold their value but Chanel, Hermes and Louis Vitton are the main ones.

I love her elegance.

Long may she continue!
Can’t see her lugging a Hermes, I see her with clutches.

If you're daft I am too; my favourite perfume was Per Una Originale & I was gutted when it was discontinued. I've asked M&S to bring it back, in fact I've begged & nagged but I know it'll never return. It's one of my saved searches on eBay & occasionally a bottle appears. I've got a tiny amount left but only use it for sniffing & little granddaughter always asks to "Fwell that lovely bottle". I like lady-like, courtesy & good manners.

What a lovely comment 💐 I've known a few people who had TV jobs &, as with photos, some looked far better in real life.
It’s like mirrors, some I look quite passable in but the one in the lift in work, well, :eek: it gives you a blue tinge and eye bags for England!

Some years back a charity shop had a job lot of Tova perfumes so I thought oooh! I get to smell the stuff, well, I had the biggest humdinger of a migraine instantly. Glad I didn’t try it on me or get it on my coat. Love her jewellery though!

She's been saying that her skincare would be coming back for several years now. I rated some of the products really highly and they were very affordable compared to some of the other brands - perhaps that's why Q discontinued them... I noticed a few different packages on the shelves behind her, on yesterday's show and they didn't look like parfum bottles so maybe it's finally on its way...
When my mum was having cancer treatment she saw one of Tova's skincare hours when she was talking about a product she had formulated when she was ill to soothe the burning sensation; my mum ordered it & was so impressed she continued using her products.

I have a diamonique ring and body souffle both from Tova. Love them. Ring is beautiful and the body cream smells wonderful and has a very slight shimmer, so is not an everyday wear, but looks lovely when I have a sun tan and am heading out for the night. I am not a shimmery person, far too old now for that, but this I really like, so subtle.

If you're daft I am too; my favourite perfume was Per Una Originale & I was gutted when it was discontinued. I've asked M&S to bring it back, in fact I've begged & nagged but I know it'll never return. It's one of my saved searches on eBay & occasionally a bottle appears. I've got a tiny amount left but only use it for sniffing & little granddaughter always asks to "Fwell that lovely bottle". I like lady-like, courtesy & good manners.

What a lovely comment 💐 I've known a few people who had TV jobs &, as with photos, some looked far better in real life.
I cant use anything perfumed so if I get a perfume which doesn’t cause me problems I tend to use it for years until it goes off the market.

Marks used to do one, I think it was called London (or perhaps New York but fairly sure London) and I loved it and spent months trying to track it down when it was discontinued. It was reviewed in magazines and always was considered a ringer for a famous one.

At present Black Tulip is the one I can cope with.

I quite like Tova too. At least she’s different and is classy and glam (apart from the badger do). Joan Rivers and Joan Collins were also very good - too good for qvc these days. Now it’s ba’s who were born yesterday and have learnt to parrot a few lines. I wonder what group forms Q’s customer base. They must be getting younger because a lot of us oldies on here feel alienated. I wish they’d cull the majority of the ba’s. They don’t contribute anything useful and just make the regular presenters giddy and silly. Much preferred the hours of one presenter talking calmly.

All the very best to her having been left by her daring Ernest but able to relate touching stories of their life’s together so soon after his death, one would think even now on live tv can’t be that easy. You can only presume she doesn’t need to continue to work as she is. But if keeping doing what she does with QVC helps her then so be it. I guess she keeps Ernest’s and hers memories alive with the jewellery re-creations from them.

I've just had one of those "doesn't time fly" moments when I realised Ernie's actually been dead for nine years now... I think they had a true love and strong bond between them - he'd been married four times before Tova and they were less tan two years from their ruby anniversary when he passed.

I always had the feeling that Ernest Borgnine was a nice man; I loved his voice & that cheeky face. I watch those made for TV Christmas films & he starred in one of my favourites - Grandpa for Christmas & I imagine he played himself.

Latest posts

Back