Tova fragrances

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Has anyone else tried any of Tova's fragrances? I've tried a few and I thought they were absolutely awful! The original Signature reminded me of fly killer, Tova nights was like a watered down version of the original, mind body and spririt was nicer, and a much younger fragrance....BUT still wasn't so lovely that if you sprayed it on in a shop you'd immediately dash up to the till with it.

Some of the reviews for the Signature platimum/ambre d'oro combo on QVC's website made me chuckle, a couple of people mentioned that their husband's even commented on the foul smell, and men famously don't notice women's perfumes, one nicked named it "Eau de care home", fly killer, airfreshener were also mentioned quite a lot. One reviewer said that a friend commented on the horrible smell in her house and suggested that she change her air freshener...she sheepishly admitted it was her perfume! This actually happened to me at work once, I'd sprayed on the "Signature" in the hope that the fly killerish stench would settle into a subtle sexy warm aroma, unfortunately someone commented "There's a disgusting smell around here, I think it's one of the customer's perfume"...I scrubbed it off pretty smartish I can tell you!

I really do wish that QVC could send out fragranced papers, or sell really small try me sizes cause these perfumes aren't bliddy cheap, and it's often a lot of hassle and expense to send things back. Watching the show today, they made the fragrances sound so damn gorgeous, I was almost tempted myself....um..joking! Seriously though, there's going to be lots of people who are gonna be suckered in!

I would never put lavender with sandalwood, they are both nice on their own without a whole load of other stuff and them bunged into one fragrance. :sad:

I used the original Tova Signature with the black lid for years and years, I loved it. I had people comment in the positive, I also had a couple of "flyspray/kitchen" cleaner comments, but I didn't care because I really loved it.......until there was all the fororay (spelling?) over the new formulation, and it really wasn't the same and I moved on. However I have since gone back to Tova Signature and I still love it, platinum is the best for me.
As for the others, Nights was a bit too much for me as was Nirvana, Body Mind and Spirit was too fruity, Love Everlasting was just unpleasant. Not tried Ambre d'Oro.
Conclusion = buy perfume for yourself and hang what anyone else thinks, perfume really is one of the most subjective things in the world, and thankgoodness it is!

Does anyone remember Tabu from the 70's, the bus would stink of it of a morning and I would end up with a headache before I got to work at 9. It was THE fragrance of the day. Glad when Charlie took over.

I was laughing at Tova's analogies on Tova nights...it makes men go weak at the knees...yes love it probably does, as the poor guy falls to the floor from the horrible smell!

....and Tova's "naughty little sister"...and how old would she be then? 75? lol!

I just caught the end of the 9pm hour with Tova and Pippa. Dale brought some champagne on and Tova turned to him and said I haven't seen you for ages, Charlie!! I had to rewind just to check I'd heard correctly. I wonder if anyone corrected her after the show?!

Does anyone remember Tabu from the 70's, the bus would stink of it of a morning and I would end up with a headache before I got to work at 9. It was THE fragrance of the day. Glad when Charlie took over.

Some women bathe in perfume, ruining the very notion of using perfume for everyone else and in some cases a specific brand. Women need to learn in real life you don't spritz it all over the way they do on the Tova demos. They are demonstrating it for an effect ... don't do this at home with any perfume if you're going out to leave the house. :grin:

Some women bathe in perfume, ruining the very notion of using perfume for everyone else and in some cases a specific brand. Women need to learn in real life you don't spritz it all over the way they do on the Tova demos. They are demonstrating it for an effect ... don't do this at home with any perfume if you're going out to leave the house. :grin:

maybe thats where i'm going wrong with my Brut...

I just caught the end of the 9pm hour with Tova and Pippa. Dale brought some champagne on and Tova turned to him and said I haven't seen you for ages, Charlie!! I had to rewind just to check I'd heard correctly. I wonder if anyone corrected her after the show?!

Oh God yes remember that & I used it occasionally because it was the ''IN '' thing to use:blush: Another was Estee Lauders Youth Dew. It stained your collars badly & was a swine to get out.

Have to say my all time favourite that I return to again & again is Christian Diors Dioresscence. Another favourite that I picked up last year is a perfume called Laila that I really love, would you believe in Epcot at Disneyworld. Its a Norwegian perfume & my husband got me a big bottle of it again for Christmas.

remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sn8H42FZcI

and while shelley hack was prancing around Noo York letting people sniff her charlie, we had an old bag in a pink twinset

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-zE0nXdtSI

i remember buying this sort of stuff for my mum when i was a kid. you could never smell it in advance because it was always boxed. you bought it ENTIRELY based on the advertising. so when the presenters say "you may think its odd buying perfume off the tv" theyre once again talking complete bobbins.

Yes I saw and heard that ... then Pippa did mention how nice it was of Dale to bring out the champagne. Hopefully Tova picked up on that and made her apologies to him! It was gentlemanly of Dale to not correct her on air. And he didn't let on at all that he heard her call him Charlie.

Tova helped put QVC on the map back in the day and QVC helped her as well. I don't know of anyone else who received flowers and champagne on behalf of the management when the range is celebrating a long standing anniversary. Maybe some of you know of other events where they have done something similar for another range.

Hope this isn't QVC being nice before they conduct a Norse funeral for Tova's brand and ranges.

i have to admit that i adore tova's fragrances. i'm allergic to most perfumes - sneezing, rashes, etc, and this is one of the few ranges that not only can i wear but also smell nice. i also like philosophy but find that with this range the fragrance fades rapidly, whereas with tova, the scent lasts all day.

i will say though, it's the products i'm a fan of, and not the old bird herself....

Bet he felt a proper Charlie, it did wipe the smirk off his face though, for once.

I think that Tova should come over more often. She seems to have a civilizing effect on the presenters. They make an effort to spruce up for her and are calmer and more watchable.

Whoever her plastic surgeon is he does a better job than the one Joan Rivers uses:giggle:

I like Tova, though can't abide her perfumes.

She looks wonderful for her age, whatever it is but at least we know it isn't 21.

But does anyone else think her hair looks exactly like Rita's in Coronation Street??

The first time I saw Tova I thought how on earth do you sell a perfume on TV? Well, the way Debbie, the lovely blond model that usually does the Tova shows, was spritzing it around her, clearly enjoying the experience. Maybe it was good presenting but it was convincing. Tova painted lovely scenarios of many of the perfumes, the Italian countryside, her native Norway, etc. It was effective. Plus it's nice that she mentions her husband Ernie. They seem to support each other really well ... of course, :cash: and talent helps.

Ernie is 93 years old he's very good for his age so one has to ask how old is Tova. ??:giggle:

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the resemblance between Tova and model Beth. Tova doesn't seem to look into the camera much and she looks away and around in a non-focussed way, and a bit shyly. Just like good old Beth. Bet you can't wait for another Tova visit now can you??????

I first bought Tova's signature fragrance about 17 years ago from QVC america. I received lots of compliments whenever I wore it, plus got a husband to boot. I never did replace it when it ran out. (the fragrance that is)

Sadly sounds like the formula has changed. It had a lovely subtle smell. I often toyed with the idea of buying another. Maybe I will just to see if it has changed. Wonder if hubby would notice?

Good idea to sell samples, as fragrance is such a personal preference. They could send them out a week or so before the show. That would be ideal.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the resemblance between Tova and model Beth. Tova doesn't seem to look into the camera much and she looks away and around in a non-focussed way, and a bit shyly. Just like good old Beth. Bet you can't wait for another Tova visit now can you??????

That's funny, and yes, unfortunately I will probably always make the connection now. Still though, Tova is a class act and I rather like her, whereas Beth is a bottom of the class act!
Could she be Beth's sophisticated Granny?

Latest posts

Back